Ian Holm - Bilbo Baggins

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Am I the only one who don’t like the head sculpts?
Not really, I see some people saying that. I personally like the head sculpt a lot.

But I guess every head sculpt will always have some collectors disliking it. Even if the head sculpt was 100% perfect, there would be someone who wanted a different expression, or no expression at all, or maybe rooted instead of sculpted hair and vice versa.

Am I the only one who don’t like the head sculpts?
I think it's a good sculpt, but the only time I can think of "old Bilbo" looking that grim - kind of - was when he's talking to Gandalf about leaving the Shire and not returning.

And I really don't need the Ring-crazed Bilbo. Maybe they didn't want to compete with WETA's Bilbo-at-desk piece, but IMO Bilbo didn't look that severe 99% of the time.

That stern look really isn't in character. I'm curious as to why it was selected. Even though I have no intention of displaying the possessed one, at least I can understand the novelty of including it. I have a feeling that it will be used quite a bit in our forums in memes...

I would have loved a more gentle grinning sculpt.

I would also have preferred a less severe expression, too. It's an excellent likeness of Ian Holm, but not a great likeness of Bilbo. If that makes any sense. Great looking outfit and accessories, though. Very happy to see his walking stick included this time. Ended up having to source a stick for my Martin Freeman Bilbo.

The possessed head is a fun extra, too. But if they're going to include that head, they could also have included some outstretched reaching hands to go with it. The other Hobbits each came with one "reaching"/"splayed-fingered"/"high five" hand. If I pose him with the possessed head, I might use one of those hands from my other figures.

Not really, I see some people saying that. I personally like the head sculpt a lot.

But I guess every head sculpt will always have some collectors disliking it. Even if the head sculpt was 100% perfect, there would be someone who wanted a different expression, or no expression at all, or maybe rooted instead of sculpted hair and vice versa.
I was going to order it for the diorama, so no diorama no order for me

I think it's a good sculpt, but the only time I can think of "old Bilbo" looking that grim - kind of - was when he's talking to Gandalf about leaving the Shire and not returning.

And I really don't need the Ring-crazed Bilbo. Maybe they didn't want to compete with WETA's Bilbo-at-desk piece, but IMO Bilbo didn't look that severe 99% of the time.
For me no diorama no order.
I don’t like the head sculpts i was only interested in the diorama

For me no diorama no order.
I don’t like the head sculpts i was only interested in the diorama
Yeah, no one can blame you for that :)

I personally can't afford to not have Ian Holm Bilbo in my collection, he is one of the most important characters in LOTR and The Hobbit. Diorama would be a nice addition but for me, the figure is what actually matters to me the most.

I personally can't afford to not have Ian Holm Bilbo in my collection, he is one of the most important characters in LOTR and The Hobbit. Diorama would be a nice addition but for me, the figure is what actually matters to me the most.
Very true, a reason I'll consider him at some point, even tho I really wanted the diorama.

The normal headsulpt is fine by me; I actually was expecting a wild-eyed Bilbo head sculpt as well and I am surprised they delivered on that. I found Frodo and Samwise to look a bit like corpses, so I passed on those. This one looks great to me though. Love the clothing details

I won’t order until I see the production photos as I might change my mind if I like it

Last edited:
@inyacher any chance Asmus will consider selling the Bag End diorama separately someday? Or, is there any chance of making another Bilbo head for separate purchase, one with perhaps a warmer expression? Just wondering what could be in the realm of possibilities.

I would have liked to see a cheerful Bilbo as one of the sculpts. The possessed sculpt is awfully scene specific and I don't know how often that would be used to display Bilbo. Should have went with a smiling/cheerful sculpt instead.

Also I feel this was a huge missed opportunity for a luxury edition with Bilbos desk. Come now....

He's up on Big Bad Toystore.

The Lord of the Rings Bilbo Baggins 1/6 Scale Figure

But it looks like this one has the extra head. I thought the extra head was exclusive to ordering from Asmus directly?
Thank you for your notice. I think it is the lack of description from BBTS for accessories: the Red Book of Westmarch and an interchangeable head of old Bilbo Baggins. I have informed the sales colleague to remind them. Thank you for your update, Bucky.

Back