I saw Spider-Man 3 today

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DarkArtist81 said:
This film could have been a winner had it not felt so cobbled together and rushed.

It just had to pick a direction and go with it:

1) Sandman and his family struggles, his moral reservations and Spider-man getting in the way. Couple that with Spider-man/Parker's own need to forgive but at the same time uphold justice. But for Pete's sake resolve the storyline of the main villain! :stake The symbiote could have been given more screentime in this situation, while Parker battles his feelings on revenge and rage -- a la the subway fight. The climax/resolution for Spider-man could have been ridding himself of the symbiote and leaving it open-ended with Brock standing just below, or Conners in the lab.

2) MJ and Gwen and their respective feelings for Pete, the turmoil he faces with his new-found fame and respect. The Harry "New Goblin" Osborn themes would have worked well in this plot as well.

3) Eddie Brock and rival reporter and super villain, not just a fanboy's dream 20 minute cameo.

You essentially could have made at minimum three more films with that alone.

LOTRFan said:
It just had to pick a direction and go with it:

1) Sandman and his family struggles, his moral reservations and Spider-man getting in the way. Couple that with Spider-man/Parker's own need to forgive but at the same time uphold justice. But for Pete's sake resolve the storyline of the main villain! :stake The symbiote could have been given more screentime in this situation, while Parker battles his feelings on revenge and rage -- a la the subway fight. The climax/resolution for Spider-man could have been ridding himself of the symbiote and leaving it open-ended with Brock standing just below, or Conners in the lab.

2) MJ and Gwen and their respective feelings for Pete, the turmoil he faces with his new-found fame and respect. The Harry "New Goblin" Osborn themes would have worked well in this plot as well.

3) Eddie Brock and rival reporter and super villain, not just a fanboy's dream 20 minute cameo.

You essentially could have made at minimum three more films with that alone.

Exactly! That is 100% how I felt too... It really had potential, and if they would have gone down any of those roads it would have been insanely good.... but no dice. Instead we get a lot of little "tastes" of what might have been.... just enough to tease us. To me it seems like such a waste of 3 different villians that could have been put to much greater use in a story on their own.

Nuff said. :lol

Saw SM3 tonight, and I have to say that its probably my least favorite of the 3 films.

It felt WAY to rushed, there was just to much going on for one film.

I liked it, but I admit I was pretty dissapointed overall.

I just watched SM3 tonight and I don't know everyone is complaining about. It was very entertaining and the fight scences were well done. I know the story line was a bit rushed but I am hoping SM4 will tie in the whole Venom and Mary-Jane/Gwen Stacy parts.

carbo-fation said:
I just watched SM3 tonight and I don't know everyone is complaining about. It was very entertaining and the fight scences were well done. I know the story line was a bit rushed but I am hoping SM4 will tie in the whole Venom and Mary-Jane/Gwen Stacy parts.

Same but people have different opinions (i love how the SM movies don't take themselves too seriously).The only real problem i had with SM3 is that it felt a tad rushed..Other than that can't wait till it comes out on DVD.

Seth Gecko said:
The only real problem i had with SM3 is that it felt a tad rushed.

That was my only real prob with the film. Unfortunately for me, it really took away from the film, more so than I figured it would.

I must have been expecting too much.

I think its just that the first 2 are SO great. 2 films I can watch over and over and over. I dont see myself sitting down for too many viewings of SM3.

Maybe when I get it on DVD it will grow on me.

King Darkness said:
That was my only real prob with the film. Unfortunately for me, it really took away from the film, more so than I figured it would.

I must have been expecting too much.

I think its just that the first 2 are SO great. 2 films I can watch over and over and over. I dont see myself sitting down for too many viewings of SM3.

Maybe when I get it on DVD it will grow on me.

Yeah see thats where i differ i guess lotta people LOVED SM2.And while i like it a lot it's my least fave.(SM1 is tops SM3 2ND)

Different strokes different folks blah blah ya know?

Seth Gecko said:
Ugh it's 1983 all over again:rotfl

Nothing wrong with that year. It's the greatest year in the history of the world. It was the year that i was brought into this world. So let it be written....

Just got back from seeing it.

I liked it a lot, and I think I may like it the best of the 3.
Not perfect, and some cheesy moments, but fine with me.
I'll be seeing it again and taking the rest o' the family.

My guess for the next Spidey film's villain(s): Carnage and/or Lizard.

JS

JSA said:
My guess for the next Spidey film's villain(s): Carnage and/or Lizard.
JS

Yea, I could see that. What I really want is Craven or Mysterio. But I don't see those two happening.

3 out of 5 stars. saw it last night and loved the special effects. spoiler...

another movie with mj all confused, (she isn't that hot for anyone to put up with that crap) peter being wishy washy on all fronts, buildings smashing and crashing to the ground, people falling, spidey saving them with a web. urghhh

the storyline was weak at best. there wasn't enough of venom. totally stupid the way venom and sandman exited the movie. who knew a little bell sound would drive the symbiote insane? :google

the only reason i gave it three of five was the special effects. sometimes hard to follow but were very comic book like. they are going to have to get a better storyline for the next one, if there is another one. i was overall disappointed.

tylerd said:
the storyline was weak at best. there wasn't enough of venom. totally stupid the way venom and sandman exited the movie. who knew a little bell sound would drive the symbiote insane? :google

I agree, but not because of the church bell - that is the way it happened in the comics after all! :read

tylerd said:
who knew a little bell sound would drive the symbiote insane? :google
Anyone who's read the comics or watched the animated show.

I really recommend people go watch this

VenomSaga.jpg

Last edited:
Saw it today. Liked it overall. Really noticed the costume this time and I'm disappointed with the SS statues, none of the texture. I think I will order the black bust, though, seems very accurate to the movie. Guess I shouldn't expect more SM3 merchandise, huh? I'd love a movie accurate PF...

Seth Gecko said:
Anyone who's read the comics or watched the animated show.

I really recommend people go watch this

VenomSaga.jpg

Agreed

If Raimi wanted to produce the Venom Saga and include three other villains he could've done worse than look at this DVD for inspiration. The entire saga is summed up in 60 minutes it introduces Rhino, Shocker and has the Kingpin in it and it doesn't feel rushed. More to the point Venom is given the entire third act to terrorising Peter, it's one of the best three parters of the entire series.

The Carnage two parter is also included on the DVD, another great episode which guests stars Iron Man, War Machine and Dormammu.

Great DVD:D

Here are my thoughts. SPOILERS!

I enjoyed the movie because I love all things Marvel and Spider Man. However, there were way too many villains and the story was rather loose. It lacked direction at times. They need to replace Dunst with a better actress (I know, ironic). In fact, if it were possible to replace her with the actress that played Gwen, well that would be ideal. The fact is- Dunst can't act and she doesn't pull off MJ at all.

Also, noticed that these people are way too old. Let's get some fresh blood in these next movies. Emo Parker was alright but at times rather cheesy. I just don't think Toby is a very good Parker. Let's get a nerdy no name with some charisma in the role for god's sake. These people are definitely past their prime and are in it for the money a this point.

Venom was cast completely wrong. His character is supposed to be a jock who wants nothing more than to destroy Peter Parker and Spider Man, this is why the symbiote and him bind so well together. He was way too puny and his voice was way off as well as the costume and the size of his head.

What's with Sandman being able to fly?! Although I must say that his character was done justice and it was well cast.

I may be in the minority for this next one but I felt like Harry did a pretty decent job as the Goblin. Although I didn't care for the outfit, they pulled it off.

They just need to pull it together for the next films and really wow us. I was not utterly disappointed because I eat Marvel for breakfast but I don't want a repeat of SM3 to happen.

I will repeat... I did love Gwen though. :drool

Back