I saw Spider-Man 3 today

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dark_Spidey

Super Freak
Reaction score
Yeah for the first time an American film is released earlier in France (feels good to say that :lol )
I saw the movie this morning and it was really good. Better than the first two IMO. Sam Raimi wanted mostly to show how Peter Parker felt especially when he's possessed by the Symbiote. I don't want to spoil everything so I won't say much.
The only character that truly disappointed me was Venom. First, we HARDLY see him (I think you all guessed that it was pretty difficult to make a 2-hour long movie with 3 villains...). Plus, what the hell happened to the character designer? Did he lose his mind? I mean Venom looks bad (not bad ass, just BAD). Even the Medicom figure looks much better! I think the people who had the responsibility to design Venom for the film should have read Spidey comic books from the 90's to see what Venom's like and how he should behave.

Overall I spent a great time and I'm sure you will too.

I have been saying it from the start and I am glad to hear it confirmed...Venom looks like a poophead. :D They really dropped the ball on his design. :(

Well Venom looks good only when he doesn't wear his mask... The thing is that he doesn't even behave like the Venom we all know. He doesn't even say "We" but "I"...

I gotta admit I've never been especially happy with some of the changes and tweaks made to the storyline and certain characters in order to bring Spidey to the 'silver screen', but how they could screw up such an iconic and hugely popular character like Venom is beyond me. Guess I'll just have to watch it and see for myself, but now that I've read some of these comments I'm already expecting to be disappointed. What a f'k'n bummer! Venom was the villain I was MOST looking forward to seeing "come to life"...oh well. :monkey2

Mudshark said:
I gotta admit I've never been especially happy with some of the changes and tweaks made to the storyline and certain characters in order to bring Spidey to the 'silver screen', but how they could screw up such an iconic and hugely popular character like Venom is beyond me. Guess I'll just have to watch it and see for myself, but now that I've read some of these comments I'm already expecting to be disappointed. What a f'k'n bummer! Venom was the villain I was MOST looking forward to seeing "come to life"...oh well. :monkey2

Like you said, Venom was the villain everybody was looking forward to seeing on screen. I think Sam Raimi should have made a film in which Venom would have been the only bad guy. He's charismatic enough (a lot more than the green goblin from the 1st film) not to feel bored watching him for 2 hours. The feeling I had when I was in the theater (and that I had even before for that matter) was that they desperately wanted to add Venom in the film. The thing is that it's only a short apparition...

darthviper107 said:
Well, since I've never read any of the comics I'll probably enjoy it because I can't be dissappointed.

I hear that. My problem is I've been a Spidey (comic) fan for over four decades, since Steve Ditko and Stan (the Man) Lee created him, in fact. I'm sure there's plenty to enjoy, as there was with the last two films, so I'll just try to look past the stuff I don't much care for and focus on the good things instead. :D

Dark_Spidey said:
Like you said, Venom was the villain everybody was looking forward to seeing on screen. I think Sam Raimi should have made a film in which Venom would have been the only bad guy. He's charismatic enough (a lot more than the green goblin from the 1st film) not to feel bored watching him for 2 hours. The feeling I had when I was in the theater (and that I had even before for that matter) was that they desperately wanted to add Venom in the film. The thing is that it's only a short apparition...

in the comics, didn't spidey catch venom (eddie brock) and with some of the symbiote attached to eddie, it transfers to cletus kasady in prison creating carnage? then venom teams up with spidey against carnage who is badder than both of them. looks like this movie is also a setup for S-4.

tylerd said:
in the comics, didn't spidey catch venom (eddie brock) and with some of the symbiote attached to eddie, it transfers to cletus kasady in prison creating carnage? then venom teams up with spidey against carnage who is badder than both of them. looks like this movie is also a setup for S-4.

You're probably right about the setup for S-4. Spidey + Venom vs Carnage would totally rock. No other characters, just those three!!! Btw, I was sort of expecting the Lizard to make an appearance in S-3, since the good Dr. C was introduced in S-2, but what the hell do I know? I'm just along for the ride! But maybe he'll show up in the next installment? :rolleyes:

So who is the "main villian" in the film? Sandman or New Goblin? Or are they pretty much equal with just Venom coming in at the end?

Most people know venom is a background character and are expecting to not see much of him.(except for the young teens who need to see how venom rox and pwns everything,and will think the films sucks because of it)

Can't wait!!!

Mudshark said:
You're probably right about the setup for S-4. Spidey + Venom vs Carnage would totally rock. No other characters, just those three!!! Btw, I was sort of expecting the Lizard to make an appearance in S-3, since the good Dr. C was introduced in S-2, but what the hell do I know? I'm just along for the ride! But maybe he'll show up in the next installment? :rolleyes:

They have him in the game changing into the Lizard.

tylerd said:

Not exactly, the Symbiote reproduces asexually. While Brock was in prison he was serving in the same cell as Cletus. The symbiote finds him in prison and helps Brock bust out, at the same time the symbiote gives "birth" to Carnage who sees Cletus and attaches itself to him. Carnage is not a piece of Venom per se but its son. That's why occassionally you get Carnage teasing Venom call him "Dad" or "Pops"....

Also if the title of one of the new Spider-Man 3 related statues is any indication of what might actually occur in the film the setup isn't there....

Seth Gecko said:
Most people know venom is a background character and are expecting to not see much of him.(except for the young teens who need to see how venom rox and pwns everything,and will think the films sucks because of it)

Can't wait!!!

Well I'm not that kind of teenager and I knew that I would not be seeing Venom much in the film. In spite of that, I still think that such a character would have deserved to be the only villain in the third film.

Back