HT QS Spiderman Homecoming - Stark Suit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's why all of these millions of Spiderman figures hot toys is pumping out just gets a yawn from me. That separate head on top of the figure it totally innacurate.

Isn't the separate head on top totally inaccurate for almost every figure then?

Isn't the separate head on top totally inaccurate for almost every figure then?

It depends on the figure. Some, like the QmX Trek figures, tend to have sculpted necks so that joint is hidden. Custom figure creators now often think carefully about this when they release a sculpt. HT's default is to do a separate head because it means more flexibility in posing. But some of their figures, the Godfather comes to mind, also had a sculpted neck.

But putting that aside, most figures will have something that distracts them from "reality." If not a neck joint, then maybe a wrist joint, buttons that are too large, etc. It's all subjective, but I think it's particularly noticeable on something like Spidey where he has a cloth piece connecting head to neck. The first Spidey figure from HT (Spiderman 3) actually didn't have a separate head piece, but it had other issues.

It depends on the figure. Some, like the QmX Trek figures, tend to have sculpted necks so that joint is hidden. Custom figure creators now often think carefully about this when they release a sculpt. HT's default is to do a separate head because it means more flexibility in posing. But some of their figures, the Godfather comes to mind, also had a sculpted neck.

But putting that aside, most figures will have something that distracts them from "reality." If not a neck joint, then maybe a wrist joint, buttons that are too large, etc. It's all subjective, but I think it's particularly noticeable on something like Spidey where he has a cloth piece connecting head to neck. The first Spidey figure from HT (Spiderman 3) actually didn't have a separate head piece, but it had other issues.

I felt like the way they did it on Spiderman 3 / Amazing Spiderman where the cut was at the bottom of the neck was even more noticable. But as you stated, and was really my main point, all figures are going to have some noticeable issues that make them "inaccurate" to the on screen representation. You're in the wrong line of collecting if you're looking for 100% on screen accuracy.

Hot toys is so stupid with how inaccurate every single figure they make is. Plastic bodies underneath the costumes? Ridiculous. Same with Sideshow, Prime 1, Iron Studios, etc. Using polystones and resins and ******** like that. Nothing like the real thing.

Hot toys is so stupid with how inaccurate every single figure they make is. Plastic bodies underneath the costumes? Ridiculous. Same with Sideshow, Prime 1, Iron Studios, etc. Using polystones and resins and ******** like that. Nothing like the real thing.
Real human tissue or GTFO, Hot Toys.

Didn’t know this was up for order. Sideshow?

Up for preorder on sideshow. No deposit. First payment next year in April I think it was. I got the exclusive deluxe version.

I just feel like at certain angles his chest is a little to big for the rest of his body. Still a nice piece! Can’t wait to see the unmasked head sculpt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A wait indeed..gosh I wonder why non of the spider man figures have deposit....

Somethings.....spidey...I mean.......fishy...about that.. lol

Really tho, I wonder. I thought for sure this one would because of the price range it would be in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back