How much do you want Hot Toys to do Bond?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also, big ups for doing a 1/6 Aston Martin DB5 and rightly pointing out this works interchangeably for both Connery and Craig! (and also Brosnan who drove it actually!)

Hot Toys could even do it the same way companies have done the 1/18 models - a standard car edition (for Craig/Brosnan) and a more expensive gadget edition for Connery's version.

Sideshow's product output for the Bond license IMHO was a mixed bag.

Personally speaking I would buy a well done Bond figure of Connery, Brosnan, & Craig from HOT TOYS provided the MSRP is less than $150.00 for each figure, but unlikely HOT TOYS has the ambition let alone the clout to pull it off considering Sideshow's attempt probably left a bad impression.

While I'm sure HT would knock it out of the park, I'm still content with my Sideshow Connery.

Sideshow's product output for the Bond license IMHO was a mixed bag.

Personally speaking I would buy a well done Bond figure of Connery, Brosnan, & Craig from HOT TOYS provided the MSRP is less than $150.00 for each figure, but unlikely HOT TOYS has the ambition let alone the clout to pull it off considering Sideshow's attempt probably left a bad impression.

Well Bond as a figure is far less ambitious and requires far less clout than almost any figure they do so I think Hot Toys would be fine in that regard.

It's a dude in a tuxedo with a small hand gun. If you get the head sculpt right and can tailor a suit you're pretty much done.

I would sincerely hope EON and MGM get off their asses and take advantage of the anniversary to get some proper merchandise out there. Years ago, a line of Bond figures was announced by Corgi and they looked pretty good...sculpts were nice, great character selection too.

And the line got canned before it even came out. Still sore about this, much like MAC's X-Files line.

Wow, great response. I hope if HT haven't considered it before they think about it now.

I'd only really be interested in Connery and Craig but a spacesuit Moore (with tuxedo underneath!) would blow my mind so much I'd have to buy him.

Are there any quality 1/6 vehicles other than the Tumbler etc?

This would be a waste of time for Hot Toys. With the exception of Moore in a Moonraker spacesuit, Bond is just a guy in a suit. Since HTs never does more than two or three characters from most of the license they aquire they would probably only offer Connery and Craig and maybe Moore. It's easy enough to bash the various Bonds and most of the villians. Sideshow produced quite a few Bond figures that can be upgraded with custom heads. Barbie just put out 6 to 8 of the Bond girls. The heads and bodies suck but the outfits are nice and can possibly be transfered to higher end female bodies. I'ld rather see HT concentrate of figures that would be hard/impossible for customizers to do like armored and rubber suited characters. Or elaborate costumes like Ramirez from Highlander.

I'd pick up a DX Connery Bond, but that would probably be it. I have mamy of the Sideshow figures and they're fine with me for what I paid for them. I have no desire to begin buying multiple Bonds again, but a nice DX Connery 007 with a black tux jacket & white tux jacket, the scuba gear, and a bunch of gadgets would be sweet. Or do just the tux sets and gadgets with a Connery AND Moore head.

Back