How much do you want Hot Toys to do Bond?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captain Britain

Super Freak
Reaction score
Next year we're getting a new Bond film on the Fiftieth anniversary of Dr No... if Hot Toys don't do Bond then, then when?

There are few stars as iconic as Connery as Bond, and he'd sell well beyond 1/6 collectors as would Craig. What I'd love is a Connery Bond DX with two outfits - tuxedo and grey suit - the usual weapons and accessories and a Thunderball jetpack (does anyone remember how we used to obsess about such a thing in the early days of these boards?). All in giant deluxe gun barrel packaging.

Clearly a Craig Bond figure would do well, and to finish it off... a 1/6 scale Aston Martin DB5 with ejector seat. Both versions of Bond got to drive it and it's the most famous movie vehicle ever, in continuous production as a toy since the 1960's, with many collector versions of it. It'd be smaller than the Tumbler and would arguably sell better. Put it in a giant replica of the Corgi box and I'll take two.

Sideshow Bond was good but has had it's day witht he sculpts now looking to much like caricature. Come on Hot Toys, give us a dangerous looking Connery and Craig.

Personally, I wouldn't buy it since I'm not that much of a fan of Bond movies.

However, Bond is an iconic figure (no pun intended) in our modern mythology that he certainly deserves to be given a Hot Toy treatment.

YES! Ht would do a great job- Connery and Craig first- then the rest. Oddjob, _____ Galore, etc etc...don't know if these would sell as strong but HT should try at least two...

They need to improve their production before mounting on more projects.

Yeah now that Indy and Jack Sparrow are done a great Connery and Craig Bond are pretty much my 1/6 grails.

Not very much.:lol But if it was a Connery Bond, then yes.

I wonder how much Hot Toys pushes to get licenses?
Even if they got a 'not interested' initially, I can't imagine it being THAT hard to get the Bond license.

And in terms of R&D time and cost of development & production relative to profit, a Connery/Craig Bond would have to be very attractive.

Bond is the reason Im on these boards he lead me to Sideshow who in turn led me to own the greatest action figures in the World.

Id take anything Hot Toys Bond.

I'd probably not buy them myself, but I'd be really curious to see a Connery or Moore figure. Come to think of it, a Goldeneye one might be really cool, given how cool that videogame was for N64.

Defintely would love a Roger Moore from Moonraker with a suit and space suit and various accessories.

Back