Hi collectors just want to know what the best Airspray gun for painting a figure. Want to repaint my Hot Toys Hulk AOU version to Brighter green.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MasterRazzerr76

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi collectors just want to know what the best Airspray gun for painting a figure. Want to repaint my Hot Toys Hulk AOU version to Brighter green like the second image.
Any help with the airspray gun and paint to used would be greatly appreciated.
Also do I need to coat it first before attempting to paint it?.
88E42FFB-8CC8-4D22-9585-B431F91DA03B.jpeg
AEE6FBD1-4098-4A74-9578-9888400CD967.png

Last edited:
Hi sorry for late reply. even the cheapest ebay /amazon airbrush set (even the built in tank usb charged type) will get you thru painting this. priming is always a good idea for durability ( vallejo do many colours) but at the minimum gently wipe the surface with 50/50 iso alchohol & water to degrease, try this & if your paint beads up you will need to prime . the colour looks similar to vallejo game air ''goblin green'' or ''escorpena green''. suggest a test on the bottom of the foot first. hope this helps & i look forward to seeing the result.

I use both cheap gun and expensive gun, but honestly I can barely tell the difference.
I use this one for everyday use. I only use Iwata guns for fine details.

Like IANR mentioned above, It's always a good idea
Light sanding -> Wash-> Dry->Primer->Paint-> Topcoat
It will be tricky to paint the inner side of jointed area. It will be best if you take them a part and paint.

Below is Chinese Hulk copy body I used to make a character from manga. I used grey Acrylic primer + Acrylic paint
Zodd_Human03.jpg

Zodd_Human06.jpg

Iwata or paasche airbrush. Can’t go wrong with either. Definitely wipe down figure and prime. Tamiya primer straight out of rattle can works fine, just don’t apply to heavily.

This is my Horizon Hulk done using tamiya acrylics through an airbrush

Attachments

• 6A26FF12-A9A9-4E28-8AED-7F33D4BD0DB0.jpeg
    6A26FF12-A9A9-4E28-8AED-7F33D4BD0DB0.jpeg
    87.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
UPDATE 1:
Just doing some paint test and I’m not too happy with the shade of the color of green too dark for Hulk but perfect for my Abomination custom.
Bought lighter shade of green gonna do another paint test before starting to spray on my AOU Hulk
IMG_4853.jpeg
IMG_4626.jpeg

Not sure if you want to use tamiya paints, but that's how I achieved the colour on my hulk. I used three shades of green, getting lighter each time for the highlights. The X- - on their bottles will come out glossy, XF- - is matt or flat. If you use the X you will need a dull coat (matt sealer) to tone down the gloss level once everything's painted.

Update 2: Think I found good shade between AOU and The Avengers color of Green
IMG_4941.jpeg

What shade of green do you think it look best, I think I found a good one Elysian Green

Hulk AOU version Repainted
Repainted my AOU Hulk figure
Reasons being I scuff some paint off the figure while posing the figure and I wanted greener shade of Hulk.

IMG_4952.jpeg
Image.jpeg
IMG_4949.jpeg
IMG_4955.jpeg
IMG_4946.jpeg
IMG_4948.jpeg
IMG_4947.jpeg
IMG_4945.jpeg
IMG_4944.jpeg

Back