Hot Toys versus DC Direct

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The DC Direct smaller figures have some of the best face sculpts you can find in that scale, especially the female figures. Unfortunately their 1/6 scale figures are really not in the same league as Hot Toys. What the DC Direct have going for them are the sheer number of characters in their line. At one point their 1/6 Green Lantern was the best Green Lantern figure on the market. Once Hot Toys puts theirs out that will change.
Having not seen the thread all I can say is it is a forgivable mistake. How many Freaks do we have on the boards here that have made similar faux pas in the past? We all have to start somewhere when it comes to collecting awesome 1/6 scale figures. It is a Herculean task that Mike is taking on sharing the world of Hot Toys to these guys.

Last edited:
The DC Direct smaller figures have some of the best face sculpts you can find in that scale, especially the female figures. Unfortunately their 1/6 scale figures are really not in the same league as Hot Toys. What the DC Direct have going for them are the sheer number of characters in their line. At one point their 1/6 Green Lantern was the best Green Lantern figure on the market. Once Hot Toys puts theirs out that will change.
Having not seen the thread all I can say is it is a forgivable mistake. How many Freaks do we have on the boards here that have made similar faux pas in the past? We all have to start somewhere when it comes to collecting awesome 1/6 scale figures. It is a Herculean task that Mike is taking on sharing the world of Hot Toys to these guys.

Hell, there are still people here who think Medicom > Sideshow, NECA > Hot Toys, Mezco > Sideshow and Enterbay > Hot Toys. :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Hell, there are still people here who think Medicom > Sideshow, NECA > Hot Toys, Mezco > Sideshow and Enterbay > Hot Toys. :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Can't argue there. I love my Medicom stuff but it's were I go for anime style characters. If I want movie style characters right now it's Hot Toys or bust. Plus, thanks to years of fixing broken G.I.Joe figures, I've become pretty good at fixing that pesky Medicom shoulder and hip joint.

Can't argue there. I love my Medicom stuff but it's were I go for anime style characters. If I want movie style characters right now it's Hot Toys or bust. Plus, thanks to years of fixing broken G.I.Joe figures, I've become pretty good at fixing that pesky Medicom shoulder and hip joint.

I just got fed up with either dropping $80 on a new RAH or gluing the goddam stem back onto the buttcheek and finally tapped. No more Medis for me! :lol

They have their hits. The Justice Batman and Kingdom Superman were both done well. Are they HT quality? Absolutely not. This's made even worse when you consider the price DCD charges for them.

You're right. Hot Toys are different class but DCDirect isn't all crap. Captain Marvel and Jonah Hex are also fine figures. I also like Martian Manhunter.
However Batman Begins and the Dark Knight are two of the worst figures ever produced by anybody.

Ok, got to ask, PLEASE share a link to the forum insisting that DCD is HT quality. i want to see what they said about those comparison pictures.

on the topic of medicom...

when i realized i'd spent over 300$ JUST in replacement parts for my comic red and blue spidey alone, I sold it all off, except for a very select handful.

Stil have my Death note figures

My edward and alphonse elric

and a few I swapped to truetype slims.

the ones still on medi bodies.. i never take out of teir boxes for fear of breaking them.

They sure aren't in the same league!

... still, they don't sell for the same price and I still think their first 2 in 1 Superman is one of the best comics version, ever!

Comparing them is like comparing Matty's Supes and HT's Supes. Clearly not in the same league but also very different expectation. We can tolerate an average product for an average price whereas I expect nothing less than perfection from HT. That's why I often feel disappointed.

At least, you know what you'll get with DCD...

I'm on another board talking about the HT figure announcement of GL and a lot of them aren't familiar with HT, they actually think that DCD is the same quality. Does anyone have images of any of the releases (The Comedian, Superman Returns, TDK figures) side by side?

[ame="https://youtu.be/41rdU-3fiMA"]302 Found[/ame]

Removed with terp. :huh Again, not defending them to HT, just stating that those are two examples of decent figures from DCD.

Did you fix a few up? I'd like to see pics. I would like a KC Superman esp. but I wasn't happy with what I saw in the box. I am willing to have my mind changed if someone has painted one up nice.

Dang dude, you chose some of the worst pics to represent Hot Toys in that thread. Please use Devil_666's pics to add insult to injury!

Back