Hot Toys Two-Face???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I disagree... it's not the sculpt its the simple paint that kills the production heads. the sculpt is usually good with medicom.

seems we're getting a different coat and tie from the pics.

20081013084720733.jpg.jpg

Last edited:
I disagree... it's not the sculpt its the simple paint that kills the production heads. the sculpt is usually good with medicom.

Eh, maybe....really the only paint on their heads are on the eyebrows, eyes, lips and hair. I would have to see a sculpt without any paint to decide.

yeah thats the point.. I've painted tons of medicom sculpts and they all come out good looking.

back to HT two face, AWESOME!

Looks really great... like has been said the paint is flat on the burned side, but aside from that he looks really stellar :rock

And the Eckhart sculpt is flawless, just awesome :rock

Sorry for draggin the thread even more off-topic, but I have to agree with Vennie on this. It's the paint that makes or breaks a Medi figure. I think DarkArtist did a repaint of the Medicom X3 Wolverine and it was fantastic, really shows off the sculpt. The Medicom Peter Parker is another example of the sculpt enhanced by a repaint.

Case, point:
(this isn't DA's work)
original sculpt:
before.jpg

repaint:
done4.jpg

2482328881_86aca58589.jpg

Here are some interesting points the magazine mentioned:

1. Harvey Dent sculpted by Yulli
2. Two-Face undamaged side was sculpted by Yulli while the damaged side is sculpted by an unnamed American sculptor.
3. Estimated release in December.

:google DECEMBER??? That's at least 3-4 months earlier than we thought. :google

That's what the magazine says but I wouldn't be surprised to see a delay.....looked what happened with Iron Man, the Batpod, and the Tumbler :monkey2

I also think the previous estimate of April-May is for DC Direct.

how hard can it be? its a guy in a suit it should be sooner!

I don't think the simplicity of the figure has as much to do with it as the overall production pipeline, though. Think about all of the 1:6 figures HT has on the docket before this one.

But if anyone can pull it off, it's them.

I hope it's December! The sooner the better!!! I know lots of stuff comes in December but for me personally, Two-Face takes priority.

It's a good thing I'm not much of a Batman fan. Hot Toys is on a roll with their movie licenses.

I hope it's December! The sooner the better!!! I know lots of stuff comes in December but for me personally, Two-Face takes priority.

What part of MN are you from?

Eager to see clear pics. Looks cool. The hair's a little odd, but then again it was in the film too.

Always thought it strange that Dent's suit sustained such minimal damage and yet his face was obliterated. You'd think that his coat (and shirt and pants) would have soaked up a lot more gasoline than his skin. Anyway...

It's not just the Paint, it needs a sculpting overhaul.

No, I'd hate to see them do anything to this sculpt. The paint may need some adjusting - but until we see the official HT pics you can't say that for sure either. Scans from a magazine don't really give you the best color results.

Eager to see clear pics. Looks cool. The hair's a little odd, but then again it was in the film too.

Always thought it strange that Dent's suit sustained such minimal damage and yet his face was obliterated. You'd think that his coat (and shirt and pants) would have soaked up a lot more gasoline than his skin. Anyway...

If you watch the movie his face is hit with the fire more directly than the rest of his body, so that's probably why. And besides, it's a comic book movie so it doesn't actually have to be completely physically accurate.

No, I'd hate to see them do anything to this sculpt. The paint may need some adjusting - but until we see the official HT pics you can't say that for sure either. Scans from a magazine don't really give you the best color results.

The sculpt is off in several places, it's not crispy the hole in his nose is missing, etc etc, better paint can fix things, but it doesn't change that it's not accurate.

Back