Hot Toys Two-Face???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you watch the movie his face is hit with the fire more directly than the rest of his body, so that's probably why. And besides, it's a comic book movie so it doesn't actually have to be completely physically accurate.

No, I know, but Nolan's world is done so realistically that you'd think they would have made extra effort to explaiin little thing's like that -- you know, wrap his body in a tarp or something. It's like the "refusing pain killers" thing -- wouldn't it have been better if he was taking so many pain killer's that it was messing with his brain; his psyche, his reality?

I don't really care, I love the character so I'll go with it. The jacket thing just stands out when you can see the whole figure.

The sculpt is off in several places, it's not crispy the hole in his nose is missing, etc etc, better paint can fix things, but it doesn't change that it's not accurate.

Actually the hole in his nose IS there -- look at the larger pics earlier in this thread. I specifically noticed that HT did that and I was like, cool.

...Sigh, one second.

Sigh, OK, fine, I got it for you, you can see it here...

20081013084713784.jpg.jpg

I think someone mentioned this, but it does look like the coin is sculpted to the hand there. I can't imagine HT would do that, what with all the little parts they often include that get loose in the box.

Also, why does the collar look so good on Dent, but so loose on Two-Face?

notaholedl0.jpg

Not a hole, But that being said, it does look like used the leaked image as a source, as that one had the cut thing on the nose, instead of the hole.

I would of rotated that for better comparison, but i dont have photoshop on me laptop and my desktop is being repaired.

I guess my biggest not right now is the seque to damage -- it's so abrupt on the figure and there's more transition on Eckhart. But these pics are pretty low res and high contrast so a lot of subtlety might be lost. Have to wait to see the official clean pics this week to really judge.

notaholedl0.jpg

Not a hole, But that being said, it does look like used the leaked image as a source, as that one had the cut thing on the nose, instead of the hole.

I would of rotated that for better comparison, but i dont have photoshop on me laptop and my desktop is being repaired.

I also just noticed that the eye socket on the figure is pretty off.

Damn you Yulli! why couldn't you just sculpt both sides!
I suppose she was grossed out :p

ffejeromdiks why are you even in this thread? Go back to the Meditoon TwoFace and swing away.

As to your comment, maybe Yulli can only do portrates and not disfigured gore shots.

It's really odd that they split the sculpt work and that an "American sculptor" sculpted the burned side. What's that all about? Was this done when there was still secrecy about the film?

Here's my go at a compare. Still unfair to HT without proper pics...

dentcompare.jpg

To me, it looks like all the beats are there, but maybe looks harsher because the pic res is so bad. We'll see soon enough.

Like many have mentioned, I'm sure HT will resculpt the burnt side a little more accurately before the final figure is released like they did with TDK Bats. And even if they don't this is still a sweet looking figure (one of HT's best imo) I can't wait to get my fat, greasy fingers on.

Even if it isn't 100% accurate, it sure as hell looks great. It looks much better and more true to the film than the V1 Joker head.

Definitely going to be a great figure on the shelf.

I hope they release those pics of TF with BR Joker...gonna be an amazing set. Two great villains, and you all know how I like my villains. :D

Huh....from the image in the post a few above this one, Aaron had longer hair in the back that isn't showing on the figure...I wonder if a fix will be made....

Nothing is ever a 100% accurate. Ever. To always expect this is just silly. SOMETHING WILL ALWAYS BE OFF. The question is, is it close enough that you can overlook it? If HT didnt sculpt Harvey's big eye, then ^^^^^ away...but because there isnt a tiny patch of skin? Meh. Its all gonna end up like the TDK figure thread anyway.

Back