Hot Toys - TMS051/2 - Mandalorian and Grogu (Season 2)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We’ll see. Remember when Season 1 had all these trailers and posters with the original armor? People were fighting for pre-orders for the toys and merch of that version and then he gets the Beskar armor literally three episode in and suddenly new merch and posters emerged. I had a good laugh. (Same for those that crowdfunded the Razor’s Crest Vintage Series ship, only to watch it blow the hell up like a week later).
Still Razor Crest has become a legendary ship and a collector’s piece. S1 Mando clothing is forgettable though. Not to say it’s not collectible worth it and what not, but I mean… it’s been bested. Razor crest hasn’t.

Pretty excited for what’s to come in S3. Can’t wait!

I remember my first attempt to make an articulated Grogu.
Using a spare head, hands and feet’s of Hot Toys.
I may attempt another try later on but hope HT can just do what they did with 1/4 Grogu and just scale it down to 1/6.
F2AE7601-3CF3-44FD-B62D-05D38C051D7F.jpeg

Attachments

• 738672D7-45B2-4466-A16E-C370ECA235DE.jpeg
    738672D7-45B2-4466-A16E-C370ECA235DE.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • F744FF7A-4932-4CB8-AB4C-64B73F072BBA.jpeg
    F744FF7A-4932-4CB8-AB4C-64B73F072BBA.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Still Razor Crest has become a legendary ship and a collector’s piece. S1 Mando clothing is forgettable though. Not to say it’s not collectible worth it and what not, but I mean… it’s been bested. Razor crest hasn’t.

Pretty excited for what’s to come in S3. Can’t wait!
Nonsense. To plenty of people, it’s their favorite look. I personally like Beskar Mando just slightly more but Durasteel Mando is still dope and will look sweet next to shiny Mando once that comes in. The Razorcrest was awesome but his N-1 hot rod is sick and I can’t wait to see more of it. I personally like it just a tad more than the razorcrest.

Nonsense. To plenty of people, it’s their favorite look. I personally like Beskar Mando just slightly more but Durasteel Mando is still dope and will look sweet next to shiny Mando once that comes in. The Razorcrest was awesome but his N-1 hot rod is sick and I can’t wait to see more of it. I personally like it just a tad more than the razorcrest.
Lets agree to disagree, no need to call nonsense on somebody else’s opinion. I won’t enter the pit… as tempting as it is.

I'm also confused why HT hasn't made a proper 1/6th grogu with actual fabric clothes. And yes the 1/4th was a good example of how to do it just scale it down. Hell the legs could be ball pegs so one can move the feet and such.

I love the Durasteel look myself. As awesome as the Beskar is, I prefer the Durasteel. Where the Beskar is sleek, Durasteel has the classic Star Wars used universe charm.

I miss the Razor Crest but like the N1 just as much. Though it’ll be interesting to see what replaces the Razor Crest as more of a home, be it another ship or a physical location.

I’m personally hoping he paints his armor at some point. And I feel like there’s a chance he will in future seasons. Show character growth, elapsed time, sell more toys.

This is usually the "famous last words" before something does actually happen. Not trying to put bad juju out there for you as I'm glad you haven't had a bad experience yet. It's just that normally we see on the boards some who typically says such things ends up coming back saying something along the lines of "well, I used to sing their praises, but now it finally happened to me." For me, I guess I'm glad it happened on my first order rather than several down the line where I would've had some built in trust and sense of security. I got to rip the band-aid on the first go :lol
Yeah I hear that and I definitely don’t want those to be my last words hence why after getting my arena Fett finally I’m done ordering from them all together. They’ve gotten enough of my biz over the years and how tarnished their image is, no way. I even have like $50 worth of store credit remaining I won’t be using.

Also love Durasteel Mando, so much so based on just the armor/outfit knowing zero about the character, I PO the figure day 1 and boy oh boy what a ride it has been with the show & collecting

Last edited:
I love the Durasteel look myself. As awesome as the Beskar is, I prefer the Durasteel. Where the Beskar is sleek, Durasteel has the classic Star Wars used universe charm.

I miss the Razor Crest but like the N1 just as much. Though it’ll be interesting to see what replaces the Razor Crest as more of a home, be it another ship or a physical location.

I’m personally hoping he paints his armor at some point. And I feel like there’s a chance he will in future seasons. Show character growth, elapsed time, sell more toys.
I agree on all counts.
I think it’s just a matter of time before he paints the armor, and I’ll also be absolutely shocked if there isn’t any kind of change to his armor in season 3.
I don’t mean this negatively at all towards people who were saying that it’s already obvious that his armor is going to stay the same in season 3 and it was in season 2 and the BOBF episodes, but that’s just wishful thinking.
Di$ney is far too savvy and invested in merchandising to not change his armor as often as they can.
Look at every single Marvel movie and how often costumes change between films.
I mean, even Boba’s armor inexplicably changed between the post credits mando season 2 stinger and the first episode of BOBF.

Di$ney is far too savvy and invested in merchandising to not change his armor as often as they can.
For sure they’ll change it, can’t say if every season or what but his armor even feels like part of his evolution as a character, even more so I’d say than Iron Man and his gimmicks. Still, I wonder how they’ll do it to give it such an epic meaning as they did with beskar.

My b dude, I didn’t realize the word ‘nonsense‘ had such a negative connotation. I was simply responding to a firm opinion with another.
No prob mate. When talking about S1 Mando, I didn’t mean that Durasteel‘s armor is badly designed or whatever, it’s just than in the collective minds, most people thinks about beskar mando. The fact that most merch and marketing imagery is made using beskar Mando is what I base my opinion on. Forgettable not as in “badly designed” but as in not relevant going forward. In time some freaks like us will remember, but it will be a blast from the past.

I also used the word bested because it was such a big deal on the show to get the beskar armor, and I don’t think, even if one prefers the other design, that many of us thought “ugh they made it worse”. I believe the designers made a great job on making a better armor. Durasteel for sure will always have the value of being the armor we meet Mando with, and that also has great value though.

Also… I hope N1 lasts less than Razor Crest did. That’s no home for Grogu to grow on!

Could someone please confirm which cape cod cloth to use for this? Or is it one cloth suits all? Do you literally just rub the armor with it to desired shine?

Thanks in advance and apologies as likely all been covered already.

Could someone please confirm which cape cod cloth to use for this? Or is it one cloth suits all? Do you literally just rub the armor with it to desired shine?

Thanks in advance and apologies as likely all been covered already.

This is the one you want. OT_Customs_ posted an instructional vid on his Instagram.

Attachments

• cape-cod-polishing.jpg
    cape-cod-polishing.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 0
I noticed in the trailer it shows the Armourer brewing something up, my first thought was an addition to Mando's armour. What will be will be. To me the scenes and leading up to the season 2 ending 'the' iconic Mando (of course until something equally mindblowing happens next season) and I'm good to go.

I notice a few people on here from the UK. I had my shipping charge notice from Sideshow this morning asking for payment to be ready for tomorrow so hopefully it'll be dispatching soon.

For sure they’ll change it, can’t say if every season or what but his armor even feels like part of his evolution as a character, even more so I’d say than Iron Man and his gimmicks. Still, I wonder how they’ll do it to give it such an epic meaning as they did with beskar.

No prob mate. When talking about S1 Mando, I didn’t mean that Durasteel‘s armor is badly designed or whatever, it’s just than in the collective minds, most people thinks about beskar mando. The fact that most merch and marketing imagery is made using beskar Mando is what I base my opinion on. Forgettable not as in “badly designed” but as in not relevant going forward. In time some freaks like us will remember, but it will be a blast from the past.

I also used the word bested because it was such a big deal on the show to get the beskar armor, and I don’t think, even if one prefers the other design, that many of us thought “ugh they made it worse”. I believe the designers made a great job on making a better armor. Durasteel for sure will always have the value of being the armor we meet Mando with, and that also has great value though.

Also… I hope N1 lasts less than Razor Crest did. That’s no home for Grogu to grow on!
yep, that makes perfect sense! Sorry for the confusion

Back