Hot Toys - TMS051/2 - Mandalorian and Grogu (Season 2)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me, still without a shipping notice:
cool-no-doubt.gif

Orders day one, advised shipment kicked to February when all of his friends have the Official Chrome-Plates Red Ryder

Attachments

• 6D335347-677B-44CD-A6AA-DB9FDFB36D7B.gif
    6D335347-677B-44CD-A6AA-DB9FDFB36D7B.gif
    421.7 KB · Views: 0
Arrived earlier than I thought …last night

In hand this is a gem…and I actually don’t mind the fat suit because the articulation is much better IMO..The weather is crapping right now…try to get better pics soon
Congratulations mate.
That weathering though. Oof.
We know it can look drastically different depending on lighting.
I'm definitely going to reduce the weathering on mine (already have the Cape Cod Cloth) but I'm curious what this looks like in hand.
Pleased to hear the articulation is much better.

I feel like you’re always waiting for something from KGH.

When was the last time they actually sent you a figure?

View attachment 618444
That’s coz I’m always 4-6+ months behind the rest of you.

Boba Fett & Throne set arrived last week along with Moff Gideon and Sideshow Anakin and Obi Wan.
All of those have been heavily discounted while I’ve been waiting so that’ll teach me for paying up front.

Yeah I get my stuff from a UK retailer. I'll be amongst the last of us to get this figure.
I only got Jango just before Christmas. Still waiting for ROTJ Scout and bike.
Still waiting for Hunter, Boba and throne, Bo Katan etc etc.

Boba Fett & Throne set arrived last week along with Moff Gideon and Sideshow Anakin and Obi Wan.
All of those have been heavily discounted while I’ve been waiting so that’ll teach me for paying up front.

I think a lot of us felt burned by that so I feel your pain. :lol

Nobody could’ve predicted some of these figures would be treated like overstock clearance bin toys a year on.

I think a lot of us felt burned by that so I feel your pain. :lol

Nobody could’ve predicted some of these figures would be treated like overstock clearance bin toys a year on.
Thats because all the covid collectors have jumped ship and HT just over produced.

Thats because all the covid collectors have jumped ship and HT just over produced.

I agree about the COVID collecting bubble bursting a bit. There’s also a number of other factors.

Hot Toys didn’t just overproduce; distributors and retailers over ordered as well. There was also an over saturation of releases like just too many troopers at once.

There was also likely a decline in interest in Marvel Hot Toys after Infinity War/Endgame, delays in new media/content causing lower interest in properties, and just too much time between movies/shows and releases in general.

Add economic uncertainty with changing collecting habits and you get BOGO sales and months of 20-30% off figures, statues, and other collectibles.

Last edited:
So, who else has experience with Toys Wonderland/Blunderland?
Do they always take forever to ship?
Mine has had the “shipping info received” by DHL since the 10th.
Considering their mark up, I’d really expected to have had this in hand by now.

So, who else has experience with Toys Wonderland/Blunderland?
Do they always take forever to ship?
Mine has had the “shipping info received” by DHL since the 10th.
Considering their mark up, I’d really expected to have had this in hand by now.
It’s hit and miss. I think the evidence of testimonies suggests that, if they don’t ship your piece within a working week, they’re pulling some bs.
I hope you don’t mean the 10th of December because- if so- you need to start badgering them pretty aggressively, asking for a refund/threaten a PayPal dispute if your figure isn’t shipped by the end of the week and message on their Facebook page to push them into some form of action.

They could then send a fake tracking number, which they do A LOT, so actually monitor its progress to be assured something has actually been posted.

Chinese New Year being just around the corner means there’ll be radio silence soon so you want to get some answers asap.

I was poking around on their website earlier this week and their most recent “new arrival” is Repaint Armor Boba Fett who released in October 💀
Yes. Feel my pain!

At least they get third party stuff in very quickly and seem to be on par with OSK for some InArt Jokers.

It’s hit and miss. I think the evidence of testimonies suggests that, if they don’t ship your piece within a working week, they’re pulling some bs.
I hope you don’t mean the 10th of December because- if so- you need to start badgering them pretty aggressively, asking for a refund/threaten a PayPal dispute if your figure isn’t shipped by the end of the week and message on their Facebook page to push them into some form of action.

They could then send a fake tracking number, which they do A LOT, so actually monitor its progress to be assured something has actually been posted.

Chinese New Year being just around the corner means there’ll be radio silence soon so you want to get some answers asap.

Yes. Feel my pain!

At least they get third party stuff in very quickly and seem to be on par with OSK for some InArt Jokers.
Ugh, thanks for the response, I really appreciate it. I’ve always avoided them until now, after hearing some horror stories, but I’ve been excited for chrome Mando for so long that I went against my better judgement and decided to give them a try.
But no, haha, thankfully I only mean January 10th. If it was December 10th I definitely would have already been losing it on them and gotten a refund from my credit card company.
I still think it’s pretty ludicrous that a product marked as in stock would somehow need more than a full business week to get picked up or dropped off to DHL, though.
It’s a pretty shady business practice to send customers an email saying that their order has shipped when all that’s happened is that the shipping info has been entered into DHL’s portal.
It’s also another reason I can’t deal with Justin’s partnership with them.
Pretty unscrupulous to pimp a company directly to your audience when they have a spotty a record as TW.
Really, shame on me for ordering with them, TBH.

Back