Hot Toys - TMS051/2 - Mandalorian and Grogu (Season 2)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We deserve a better 1/6 scale Grogu at this point

Yeah a newer improved 1/6 Grogu would be better. The 1/4 Gogu is so good, I kinda would like to see it scaled down to 1/6. We've had so much 1/6 Grogus included with so many releases, it's just about ludicrous lol Even some of the 1/12 Grogus are articulated, so I'd imagine HT could pull a new one off.

It’s obvious why HT added the heavy dose of weathering had they not it would’ve been non stop complaints and returns even at the slightest imperfections on what would’ve been expected to be a perfect chrome smooth mirror finish that customers had their minds set on.

Smart move on HT.

But even with the weathering it still blows away the flat look on the non chrome version.

The chrome even with the weathering adds a depth of dimensionality to the armor a nice worn knights of the round table aesthetic.

Buy it or kick yourself in the ass later lol

Hopefully they re-issue a chrome 1/4 scale with a baldly re-used base so HC can give me an opportunity to throw my cash at him

It’s obvious why HT added the heavy dose of weathering had they not it would’ve been non stop complaints and returns even at the slightest imperfections on what would’ve been expected to be a perfect chrome smooth mirror finish that customers had their minds set on.

Smart move on HT.

But even with the weathering it still blows away the flat look on the non chrome version.

The chrome even with the weathering adds a depth of dimensionality to the armor a nice worn knights of the round table aesthetic.

Buy it or kick yourself in the ass later lol
So you're telling me I should buy it!? :lol

just checking, no one has gotten anything from sideshow about this shipping yet, right?

damn, hopefully first batch starts processing soon. def got spoiled by the more simultaneous drops the past few months

Dank Farrick that figure is gorgeous.
Great review.
Love him posed against that Rock'Em Sock'Em Death Trooper.

76pfvv.gif

76pfg0.gif

Yeah V2 looks flat and plastic next to him.
76ribd.gif

Last edited:
Dank Farrick that figure is gorgeous.
Great review.
Love him posed against that Death Trooper.

76pfvv.gif

76pfg0.gif

Yeah V2 looks flat and plastic next to him.
76pgrs.gif
I wouldn’t say v2 looks entirely plastic. I was looking at mine in the detolf with the lights on and sun shinning in the room today and it looked pretty shiny, it all depends on lighting. In his video it looks less weathered than in person. I also just finished watching Mando & BOBF and it does looks like his armor changes how shiny it is throughout the show.

Yeah a newer improved 1/6 Grogu would be better. The 1/4 Gogu is so good, I kinda would like to see it scaled down to 1/6. We've had so much 1/6 Grogus included with so many releases, it's just about ludicrous lol Even some of the 1/12 Grogus are articulated, so I'd imagine HT could pull a new one off.
Agreed. The fully-sculpted Grogu instead of an articulated figure in softgoods (like the quarter-scale) really ruins all of those photos of Din holding Grogu face to face. That Grogu’s clothing doesn’t drape and is obviously sculpted it’s like…what’s Pedro doing with the Grogu lawn ornament?

I wouldn’t say v2 looks entirely plastic. I was looking at mine in the detolf with the lights on and sun shinning in the room today and it looked pretty shiny, it all depends on lighting. In his video it looks less weathered than in person. I also just finished watching Mando & BOBF and it does looks like his armor changes how shiny it is throughout the show.
Yeah, the season one Beskar figure can bounce the light if it’s bright enough. But it’s gotta be really bright.

3C51D381-4D9E-495B-9D1C-7963CDB1D9AB.jpeg
99D1160F-D748-488A-B960-DB373944F095.jpeg

I wonder if at the size a 1:6 Grogu comes in, it might conflict (legally on paper) with Hasbro's figure rights. Despite the obvious technical difference .
HT might be relegated to making only "pre-posed figurines" of anything approximating that size?

Ipso facto has anyone tried putting a HT Grogu head, on a Hasbro Yoda body?

Though I hope i'm wrong , and once HT has mined and resold the same pre-posed molds for all their worth, HT does in fact have a fully pose-able Grogu with cloth onesie in the works.

Last edited:
Back