Hot Toys - TMS051/2 - Mandalorian and Grogu (Season 2)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks way better cleaned. That stock "weathering" is ridiculous.

hyUBwk3.png

No joke. It reminds me of the aftermath from Tacobell...

I won't do a before and after of every individual bits, just the ones with the heaviest weathering. Chest plate before and after.

Is that a scratch or a cloth strand in the top right corner of the cleaned chest piece?

I won't do a before and after of every individual bits, just the ones with the heaviest weathering. Chest plate before and after.
much better , the armour isnt supposed to look corroded ! I think it was Hot Toys way of covering up any potential issues with chrome paint and getting returns etc . Still prefer the V2 Beskar but once this shoddy weathering is removed the V3 doesnt look too bad someone needs to do a repaint of that right thigh armour , it aint chrome im pretty sure !

much better , the armour isnt supposed to look corroded ! I think it was Hot Toys way of covering up any potential issues with chrome paint and getting returns etc . Still prefer the V2 Beskar but once this shoddy weathering is removed the V3 doesnt look too bad someone needs to do a repaint of that right thigh armour , it aint chrome im pretty sure !
I'm going to attempt to mucky mine up a little more.

Using this for reference and something I quickly threw together

latest
20230106_210550.jpg

Looks absolutely stunning. I've no idea what made them go that far with the weathering. As someone said, it looks corroded. Excellent work.

Annnd done. Finished product, also a before pic to see the difference. Too tired to pose so thats a job for later. So much more reflective its even reflecting my ugly mug :ROFLMAO:

All props goes to OT_Customs for suggesting cod cape cloths., they lead the way, I just followed.

Attachments

• 20230106_220707.jpg
    20230106_220707.jpg
    876.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 20230106_220641.jpg
    20230106_220641.jpg
    772.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 20230105_171341.jpg
    20230105_171341.jpg
    919.4 KB · Views: 0
Justin’s review mentioned that he “modded” his v1 flightsuit to look more brown. Anyone know offhand how he did it? I don’t want to dig deep into his past videos and comments if I don’t have to.
What he did was soak the flight suit in isopropyl alcohol + water (around 50/50) for 5-10 minutes.

It's interesting because the actual flight suit, the fabric on the Beskar V1 is actually brown but they spray painted it grey afterwards which is really confusing and mind boggling lol

Took me a second. “Wait, maybe he did have more weathering?”
Yeah I'll probably clean the helmet up and reweather it with somthing less black later on. I think the rest of the armor looks pretty good how it is now though.

Best thing about the cod cape you suggested is if you take your time you can take as much of the weather off until you get the finish you personally want
Yep, and we're lucky the chrome beneath seems to have enough clear to not look any different after. Happy to see people taking advantage of my advice.

We deserve a better 1/6 scale Grogu at this point
they're holding us hostage. why they have the "perfect" looking grogu in 1/4 scale when they've yet to do any improvements besides offering new headsculpts and keeping the entirely sculpted body. only the luke pack has just offered moveable arms for grogu :eek: so revolutionary. I'm only guessing season 3, hot toys will finally give us an entire mixed media robe for him him wear because he looks awful when you try to pose mando cradling him

Back