Hot Toys - TMS051/2 - Mandalorian and Grogu (Season 2)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was planning to put the Pedro sculpt from this figure on the first Beskar Mando but it doesn't appear that will work. I wonder if it can be modified to fit?

If not, may as well sell that figure. I don't need two helmeted Beskar Mando figures.

The weathering does look a bit overboard, but we’ll see how it is in hand.

And the flight suit color debate seems to be never ending, but am I the only one complaining about the gloves? The fingers on the show are usually a darker orange, like a tangerine color. Hot Toys have consistently gone with a golden color that seems far too light to my eyes.

I was planning to put the Pedro sculpt from this figure on the first Beskar Mando but it doesn't appear that will work. I wonder if it can be modified to fit?

If not, may as well sell that figure. I don't need two helmeted Beskar Mando figures.
I plan on using the exclusive Fode & Beed neck peg, so I can display both heads together on the same figure.

Yeah it does and I think he took it too far and made it way too clean. Looks cheap.
It's ridiculous that people are even having to risk damaging their figures ....
yeah no way I'm risking thinner dipped q-tip, I'm going with the more reliable and safer ....
1000_F_300701117_uEVkE32C94xTf0n8TIL6MdrtL9eI7hzr.jpg

Last edited:

I would just keep it, they are still available at Sideshow and they sell for so cheap on Macari.

Alright so I got a response from the person who did this mod and they said they used Tamiya x20. I think with all this confirmation trickling in that it’s a matter of wiping it off, I’m jumping back on this.

Looks way better. I don't really understand Hot Toys "weathering" at all for this. Nothing about it looks natural here.

Removing most of it while having just a bit of it still there in the creases of the armor makes more sense since that's where the dirt and grime would build up.

dYloX2G.jpg

The_Mandalorian_Chapter_10.jpg

MrDOQwx.jpg

Last edited:
I would just keep it, they are still available at Sideshow and they sell for so cheap on Macari.
Yeah, there’s no used market for the season one beskar figure; everyone already owns it and they made so many that it’s still in stock and always at discount. Best thing to do is find a blurrg or swoop bike to stick him on, although he can’t even properly sit on that from what I’ve seen.

Replace the body. Not sure which body is good for Mando though. I don't have one yet.

That Mr Color Thinner is just mineral spirits, I'm surprised it can cut the weathering at all and should be pretty safe. I think the area at the top of the helmet that looks stripped is actually just not finished being de-weathered.

Is it me or does it appear it's stripped some of the chrome on the top of the helmet in the thumbnail?
Might just be the lighting or maybe they just hadn’t gotten to that part of the process yet since the video focuses on the chest armor.

Looks fine here unless I’m just not seeing what you’re seeing 🤔

Last edited:
Seeing the armor clean and shiny is what I think looks better. Though I hope in hand the weathering isn't over done to where I have to do these mods. I rather he stay completely stock so I don't have to worry about damaging it.

Back