Hot Toys - TMS051/2 - Mandalorian and Grogu (Season 2)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hear, hear! In my head canon, Din NEVER reunited with Grogu. Season three DIDN'T happen, and Din is off on his own adventures and reckoning with his Mando heritage in his own way. He could reunite with Grogu someday, after Grogu has completed his first stage of training with Master Skywalker.

Much easier to imagine that than remember the eyeball scorching insanity of Season 3. Makes digging the Mando figures from Season 1 & 2 much easier & more enjoyable.

There's a slim situation I'd accept as a course correction. Favreau came in under the radar with Mando Season 1+2. Then sneaking in Luke which was the surprise of the decade made others at Lucasfilm sour causing the truncated reset in Boba Fett. And then there's Season 3... Now that Filoni is on his Ahsoka kick, Season 4 could return back to what made the earlier seasons good. THEN... they could re-introduce a chapter where Mando separates from the kid after realizing he needs training. Then give him a season without them together. Watching Season 3 was painful with beach kid mando battles and remote control YES, NO droids.

In either case, I'd love to see an episode with Mando in his pre-beskar days. While the OG suit isn't as shiny, it has a lot more history packed into it.

I think clambering about the wilderness with the figures goes far above and beyond what's typically considered playing. :lol

But they're yours and you do it for a good reason so absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Hmm, a lot of the great fig pics I've seen are in natural light and environments - including HASBRO figs. I envy the folks who have both an environment to get to and camera skills.

IMO even the HASBRO figs have some remarkable engineering, when you think about it, figs deserve to be shown off and posed properly. Since I just got some Gandalf upgrades, now that I think about it, it would be nice to do some "fall" shots.

I'm one of those weirdos that actually plays with my toys.

Well, count me in, I'm always buying my figs stuff. I'm like a 1/6 scale Hunter at times. :lol I was beyond excited when I sourced some 1/6 scale metal looking mugs (for my Middle Earth figs, can't believe how hard it is to find "medieval" looking tavern mugs or at least something close) and FINALLY got my hands on a 1/6 scale Gerber knife (for Winter Soldier) - not to mention the thrill of getting my hands on old Sideshow environments.

If folks can have entire table tops devoted to war figs and battle re-enactments, then I can buy my figs light-up lanterns.:lol

Last edited:
Honestly, nothing wrong with that. Season 2 is a satisfying jump-off point.

I think fans of any long-lasting property reach that point where a franchise jumps the shark and you just take a deep breath and go “I don’t need the new stuff, and I won’t let it diminish my love of the original stuff”.

I once joked with friends “there are only three Indiana Jones movies, two Terminator movies, and one Matrix movie”.
Yep. For me, only one Jaws movie, tho the second one wasn't THAT bad, and definitely only 3 Indy movies (I never watched the last one:pfft:, and plan not to - Indy riding into the sunset with his Dad was perfection, I don't need anything more).

But sometimes...we DID get Andor, well after the fact. I'll cautiously hope Favreau doesn't want his property - and I think he initiated the whole idea of Din D'jarin - watered down - and he's both heard the complaints and - season 3 was mostly about getting Mandalore placed/rebuilt so there's an excuse for Bo-Katan & co. to join this big battle end movie.

Otherwise down the road, there's no reason for multiple tribes of Mandalorians, scattered all over, to suddenly say "hey, let's all text each other so we can coordinate and fight whoever".
Besides bringing back mythosaurs. U can't tell me folks don't wanna see a mythosaur. 😁

Hmm, a lot of the great fig pics I've seen are in natural light and environments - including HASBRO figs. I envy the folks who have both an environment to get to and camera skills.

IMO even the HASBRO figs have some remarkable engineering, when you think about it, figs deserve to be shown off and posed properly. Since I just got some Gandalf upgrades, now that I think about it, it would be nice to do some "fall" shots.

It’s easier to picture taking 3.75”/6” HASBRO (why are we yelling their name?) figures out into the wilds to take photos of them. Smaller, plastic, less likely to break, actual toys.

Not derisively of course. I’m still an avid 3.75” collector and I’m also impressed by the engineering for new figures when Hasbro isn’t cutting corners.

Hot Toys figures (and like brands) are technically action figures, technically toys, but also pricey collectibles. So it’s harder for me to imagine taking one out into the desert or the woods or the mountains. Like that guy that put his Shoretrooper Captain in a creek.

But as I said, it’s for a good purpose if you can get some good photos out of it which makes it a worthwhile endeavor. I couldn’t do it, but can appreciate those that do.

See, I'm always imagining taking pix in the wild - Boba would look GREAT at the beach, and I am well within striking distance of some really good ones - only to realize later that I lost a knife thats gonna cost me $35 to replace.

See, I'm always imagining taking pix in the wild - Boba would look GREAT at the beach, and I am well within striking distance of some really good ones - only to realize later that I lost a knife thats gonna cost me $35 to replace.
Hot Toys figures (and like brands) are technically action figures, technically toys, but also pricey collectibles. So it’s harder for me to imagine taking one out into the desert or the woods or the mountains. Like that guy that put his Shoretrooper Captain in a creek.

Oh for sure. I cheat at times using a tiny bit of putty to make sure tiny parts (like Mando's) don't vanish. There are batteries that have shot across the room and I still haven't found them - they are in the carpet somewhere. Some stuff I just leave in the box until I'm certain.

Yeah -pricey!:horror I have mixed feelings - if HTs and others can't take some abuse - posing, some water (if dried later), falling over, then what's the fun in that. On the other hand - lol don't touch my figs with your greasy hands. 😁

On a side note, my Fennec shipped, so Mando and Boba won't be without a righteous female companion. Think the color pop on the shelf will be awesome. Now I just need a 3rd party to do "female space warrior". :monkey3 I've got the basic Kuiil on a payment plan - will wind up my S1/2 shelf except for the Dewback and Vanth.

Last edited:
Figures that belong in a creek or other dicey places: Hasbro figs. That I could see. You can even rinse them off with hot water after.

Meanwhile I won't be using my HT chrome Mando to recreate his baptismal Redemption re-birth into Mando culture, in a Mexican cenote somewhere. Although that would be pretty damn cool to see, not gonna lie.

I always wash my hands before I touch my figures, HT or otherwise. Yeaaaarrrssss ago i rescued this Lenox porcelain figure off ebay. When I got her she had a grimy ring around her midsection where people had been grabbing her. Getting her clean was pretty nerve-wracking, she has a lot of decal details [I know, right...?] and I was terrified they would come off when wet.

Figures that belong in a creek or other dicey places: Hasbro figs. That I could see. You can even rinse them off with hot water after.

Meanwhile I won't be using my HT chrome Mando to recreate his baptismal Redemption re-birth into Mando culture, in a Mexican cenote somewhere. Although that would be pretty damn cool to see, not gonna lie.

I always wash my hands before I touch my figures, HT or otherwise. Yeaaaarrrssss ago i rescued this Lenox porcelain figure off ebay. When I got her she had a grimy ring around her midsection where people had been grabbing her. Getting her clean was pretty nerve-wracking, she has a lot of decal details [I know, right...?] and I was terrified they would come off when wet.

Yep. NO GREASE. And while I'll water treat and rinse some things - I'm cautious for the dye bleed. Got this red shirt for a Winter Soldier fig, way back - the triggered Bucky thing - was rinsing and the dye just poured off.

Luv HT a lot of the time, but *they* can't be trusted. Tho - it cannot be denied - they've been doing an incredible run with the latest SW figs.
HotToys_Mandalorian1_opt.jpg

Besides bringing back mythosaurs. U can't tell me folks don't wanna see a mythosaur. 😁
Something about this sentiment just makes me think that’s the level of thought put into most Disney Star Wars.

Ahsoka is filled with ‘we’re gonna get to see so and so’ but not giving us anything of substance beyond that.

‘Fans can’t wait to see Thrawn in live action and they’re finally gonna get him’
‘Oh boy, what’s he gonna do?’
‘He’s gonna be there; that’s for sure.’
‘Great, I guess. I also hear Ahsoka will enter the Word between Worlds, where she’ll meet Anakin, and they rerevisit the Clone Wars! Can you explain the significance of these inclusions?’
‘People member them so they’re in the show!’
‘It’s true, I do member liking Clone Wars.
Now, I personally can’t wait for the emotional payoff after the long search for Ezra; to see him reunite with his old crew after his noble sacrifice in the Rebels finale will surely be a tear jerker.’

‘Ummm, sure, that’s one way it could go, if you’re into humans expressing relatable emotions and all that.’
‘I mean, it’s been a decade that he’s been stranded alone on a barren planet, presumably where he is in constant danger and perpetually hunted, with no reason to hope that he’ll ever make it home because, any rescue and recovery mission would risk providing Thrawn with the means to return to unleash tyranny over the galaxy, thus undermining Ezra’s heroic sacrifice. How has all this time changed the once plucky and optimistic Jedi?
‘… He has a beard now… Oh and he rejects using weapons- for a few seconds anyway until he remembers that weapons are quite handy for killing Stormtroopers. That’s a character ark, right?
‘Sure, Dave. Sure.’

Hear, hear! In my head canon, Din NEVER reunited with Grogu. Season three DIDN'T happen, and Din is off on his own adventures and reckoning with his Mando heritage in his own way. He could reunite with Grogu someday, after Grogu has completed his first stage of training with Master Skywalker.

Much easier to imagine that than remember the eyeball scorching insanity of Season 3. Makes digging the Mando figures from Season 1 & 2 much easier & more enjoyable.

View attachment 668364
Season 3 almost killed my Mando-Joy.
I had to go back and rewatch S1 and 2 to reclaim the happiness and purge the memory of .....wait..there was a season 3? huh...who knew.

(I did sell my Bo Katan on tho :D )

Something about this sentiment just makes me think that’s the level of thought put into most Disney Star Wars.

Ahsoka is filled with ‘we’re gonna get to see so and so’ but not giving us anything of substance beyond that.

‘Fans can’t wait to see Thrawn in live action and they’re finally gonna get him’
‘Great, I guess. I also hear Ahsoka will enter the Word between Worlds, where she’ll meet Anakin, and they rerevisit the Clone Wars! Can you explain the significance of these inclusions?’
Now, I personally can’t wait for the emotional payoff after the long search for Ezra; to see him reunite with his old crew after his noble sacrifice in the Rebels finale will surely be a tear jerker.’

‘Ummm, sure, that’s one way it could go, if you’re into humans expressing relatable emotions and all that.’
‘I mean, it’s been a decade that he’s been stranded alone on a barren planet, presumably where he is in constant danger and perpetually hunted, with no reason to hope that he’ll ever make it home because, any rescue and recovery mission would risk providing Thrawn with the means to return to unleash tyranny over the galaxy, thus undermining Ezra’s heroic sacrifice. How has all this time changed the once plucky and optimistic Jedi?
‘… He has a beard now… Oh and he rejects using weapons- for a few seconds anyway until he remembers that weapons are quite handy for killing Stormtroopers. That’s a character ark, right?
‘Sure, Dave. Sure.’
ALL of this!

*Shrug*
Hard to say. I wasn't expecting to see a krayt dragon in SW live action, but that IMO was one of the best episodes.

I know Ahsoka is getting hammered at least on YT - but even if the show IMO is fluffy/fan service/Ahsoka-fest, I figured it was a Rebels sequel anyway. And with design aspects and some characters, Filoni & co. put their back into it. Besides, the important thing is that Ahsoka is unkillable.:monkey3:stake

Tho:

:lol As a Rebels fan - and I thought the end of the animated series was perfect, with weight - yeah, this was *&^$ with about as much emotion as me deciding whether to get a burger or a chicken sandwich.:pfft:

Am more disappointed with S3 Mando since it turned into the Bo-Katan show - and I like Bo-Katan. Same old thing - are you telling a story, or are you messaging/highlighting guest stars/fan servicing because? But S3 didn't completely mess it up, even with Lizzo's acting ability. :monkey3 And I'll forgive a lot if they find a way to bring Mayfield back for another episode.

Season 3 almost killed my Mando-Joy.
I had to go back and rewatch S1 and 2 to reclaim the happiness and purge the memory of .....wait..there was a season 3? huh...who knew.

(I did sell my Bo Katan on tho :D )

To be fair, there was that creepy spider robo thing. Plus the last 2 episodes. And Mando got over his bout of sensitivity training/purse holding :thwak and recovered himself, by the end. 😁

Last edited:

‘Sure, Dave. Sure.’

Them thar' be some true words, and I cannot lie.

I'm really over these shows being written for nine year olds. As if children are incapable of understanding drama. I was reading Bullfinch's Mythology at nine! And I'm glad I did, I would hand it to any child of mine and say Get Busy. Challenge children, make them stretch their brains. But no! Not today.

I agree with the sentiment that keeping Mando as a fond keepsake for a time when we got Star Wars back one last time. I have this Mando, Luke and Boba repaint version (though I want to sell that as I have BOBF Boba) I feel moving forward I'm pretty much done with SW line I only have Maul from CW(trying to sell but no one wants it) Bespin Luke. I have ROTJ Vader on PO at Sideshow. If HT bothered to make Bespin Han solo and Chewy or a ROTJ Han I'd be set.

I love that sculpt. I know people have been moaning about the likeness but I really reckon it captures Pedro perfectly.
I have five of those in my headsculpt collection, lol.

How many headsculpts do you have in your collection total, you wildman? I say this after swearing off new clone heads, and then I just bought another one. :ted

Back