Hot Toys - TMS051/2 - Mandalorian and Grogu (Season 2)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Final batch of pictures from my most recent outdoor excursion. Really liked the way the surroundings were reflected in the armor on some pictures. Even happier that my ugly mug wasn't one of those reflected surroundings :).

Just like with my other pictures I'm still kicking myself for not doing some different poses. I'll live with what I did for the Transport Trooper and Boba but I'm going to take this one on my next trip for a second photoshoot. It's far too nice of a figure with plenty of accessories to be limited to a pose or two.
M1.jpg
M2.jpg
M3.jpg
M4.jpg
M6.jpg
M7.jpg
M8.jpg
M9.jpg

Curious, anyone still waiting around for the 2nd batch of this guy from Toys Wonderland (I know, I know - it's my last ever order from these guys)

Curious, anyone still waiting around for the 2nd batch of this guy from Toys Wonderland (I know, I know - it's my last ever order from these guys)
I was waiting patiently...for months and months (a friend received her 2nd batch months previously) until I outed them via social media for fobbing me off with excuses then *suddenly* they found stock for me and I had him within a week.

Yeah I think they do try stuff like this. I have another item marked as 'shipped' from early last month however tracking says they are still yet to send. I am done with these crooks.

Yeah I think they do try stuff like this. I have another item marked as 'shipped' from early last month however tracking says they are still yet to send. I am done with these crooks.
Haha the same! Waiting for my White Wolf to actually even leave the building. They assign shipping to an order before it's even packed or ready to go....which if you ask me is just begging for complaints.
I've deffo ended my relationship with them since the Mando debacle. Why lie? Just be honest and people won't get mad.

Haha the same! Waiting for my White Wolf to actually even leave the building. They assign shipping to an order before it's even packed or ready to go....which if you ask me is just begging for complaints.
I've deffo ended my relationship with them since the Mando debacle. Why lie? Just be honest and people won't get mad.
Ha funnily enough, mine is the white wolf also 😅

Yeah will never be using these guys again. If I ever receive my items, my account it getting deleted

Ha funnily enough, mine is the white wolf also 😅

Yeah will never be using these guys again. If I ever receive my items, my account it getting deleted
I'd def recommend tagging them in a public way via social media and call them out on not completing your order. You might knock something loose and receive what you've paid for.

Any tips for cleaning the weathering in the hard to reach areas, im using cape cod method and want to completely remove every last bit

So Mando is back home. Unboxed him and had a little chuckle that there was some sand in the box and tray from his adventures out west.
Yes, I can imagine the gasps of horror from some folks about that, but I'm one of those weirdos that actually plays with my toys. :) The sand just made me smile...unlike another infamous Tatooine resident, I don't hate sand (but it does get in everything).

Grabbed a quick shot of him tonight. That portrait really has a lot of emotion...

DIN 02.jpg

Final batch of pictures from my most recent outdoor excursion. Really liked the way the surroundings were reflected in the armor on some pictures. Even happier that my ugly mug wasn't one of those reflected surroundings :).

Just like with my other pictures I'm still kicking myself for not doing some different poses. I'll live with what I did for the Transport Trooper and Boba but I'm going to take this one on my next trip for a second photoshoot. It's far too nice of a figure with plenty of accessories to be limited to a pose or two.
View attachment 651842

Every so often I think about selling my Mando becuase of the slow rot of Disney taint. But then I see pictures like this and remember how badass of a figure and character he is. Incredible photos, real outdoor shots really sell it.

Every so often I think about selling my Mando becuase of the slow rot of Disney taint. But then I see pictures like this and remember how badass of a figure and character he is. Incredible photos, real outdoor shots really sell it.

My personal opinion is that all good media starts with good writing. IMO it's a great story - Favreau walks into Kennedy's office with a narrative, new tech, folks way back from the OT who built models and knew camera techniques jump on board, Favreau and Filoni are tag teaming, even a fan group (Stormtroopers) are called in, great cast, even directors who never did anything like this do an awesome job (Rick Famuyiwa), everyone keeps the secret about baby Yoda...

The little show that could, while all eyes were on TROS and later recovering from the shock :monkey3I know when I idly clicked the remote to begin watching this "Mandalorian series" I didn't particularly give a *&^% about SW at that point. It was something to kill time with on this new streaming channel.

They can't take the great moments of S1 and S2 away, even tho - maybe predictably - the writing of the show got infiltrated with messaging, sloppiness, Lizzo's terrible acting, and Filoni-isms. Can't take my 1/4 scale Cara Dune either. IMO things often go to *&^% when something gets popular.

So I'll be keeping my S1/S2 Mandos. Beautiful figs. Mando is getting dewback just coz that will be awesome on the shelf 😁 . Hopefully as all roads lead to this supposed movie that mashes everyone together, S4 Mando gets back to its roots. I'd like to think the end of S3 was really hinting at that happening. And it's not like all of S3 was bad; I like Bo-Katan, and all that. Some great design work.

Exactly. I'm very unhappy with what was done in season 3, yet am keeping my figures as keepsakes to commemorate my joy regarding the first two seasons. It gave us some truly great Star Wars moments that will never die. I will never forget watching Boba slaughter two troopships-worth of stormies as i sat there with my hand over my mouth in delight. Filoni gave us Boba back, and despite subsequent events thats a really watershed moment for me. Filoni got Boba out of the sarlacc. And we got to see it.

Tempering this is the destruction of the mythosaur plotline, Din's quest for redemption took all of two episodes...? FAIL.

Not gonna lie, that cowlick Din has is the cutest action figure-related thing I have ever seen though. Cuter than Grogu, even.

I dont want season 4 or a movie, really. Enough damage has been done, and I dont want to see anything more about the ST because you know thats gonna be next as far as plotlines. Mando is retired. Leave him be. He has launched two other shows and just leave him be.

Unless we get to see Din and Bo's wedding. I will watch that. But I wont hold my breath waiting.

Last edited:
Hear, hear! In my head canon, Din NEVER reunited with Grogu. Season three DIDN'T happen, and Din is off on his own adventures and reckoning with his Mando heritage in his own way. He could reunite with Grogu someday, after Grogu has completed his first stage of training with Master Skywalker.

Much easier to imagine that than remember the eyeball scorching insanity of Season 3. Makes digging the Mando figures from Season 1 & 2 much easier & more enjoyable.

DIN 05.jpg

Hear, hear! In my head canon, Din NEVER reunited with Grogu. Season three DIDN'T happen, and Din is off on his own adventures and reckoning with his Mando heritage in his own way. He could reunite with Grogu someday, after Grogu has completed his first stage of training with Master Skywalker.

Much easier to imagine that than remember the eyeball scorching insanity of Season 3. Makes digging the Mando figures from Season 1 & 2 much easier & more enjoyable.

View attachment 668364
Honestly, nothing wrong with that. Season 2 is a satisfying jump-off point.

I think fans of any long-lasting property reach that point where a franchise jumps the shark and you just take a deep breath and go “I don’t need the new stuff, and I won’t let it diminish my love of the original stuff”.

I once joked with friends “there are only three Indiana Jones movies, two Terminator movies, and one Matrix movie”.

Back