Hot Toys - TMS035 - Bo-Katan Kryze (The Mandalorian Season 2)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TW pre-orders a safe bet? Asking for real cuz i did a few around holiday with 20% off now all i read on FB is how big a rip off they are….dealt with them on instock stuff its a first on PO

TW pre-orders a safe bet? Asking for real cuz i did a few around holiday with 20% off now all i read on FB is how big a rip off they are….dealt with them on instock stuff its a first on PO
I don't know that anyone's been ripped off "yet". I think the speculation is that they're cash strapped and giving discounts for pre-orders way off in the future. If they go belly up, no one will ever get that pre-order money back. It's the fact you have to pay for the PO in full to get the discount that completely turned me off.

I preordered the Fett two pack, The Armorer and Artillery Trooper most recently. The Fett pack and Trooper were a first batch order with points and they shipped it immediately once in stock. The Armorer was a second batch order which took much longer and wasn’t worth it.

If you can take advantage of coupons and/or their points system then it’s worth it. I get most of my stuff from them at local price or below. The Fett two pack cost me around $100 total since I had a bunch of points banked.

I’ve bought the Assault Tank Commander most recently when in stock using points and a coupon and have it in hand now for about the same price as it would have cost at SS.

The people calling them a rip off are just basing that on the fact that they jack up shipping prices and offer first batch figures at a higher cost for those that don’t want to wait. Work the system properly and you can get many figures faster than stateside and at the same price or below.

I typically don’t preorder figures from them that have tentative shipping dates more than a couple months out.

I don't know that anyone's been ripped off "yet". I think the speculation is that they're cash strapped and giving discounts for pre-orders way off in the future. If they go belly up, no one will ever get that pre-order money back. It's the fact you have to pay for the PO in full to get the discount that completely turned me off.

Paying in full upfront for a preorder that could be a couple years away to a fairly anonymous Chinese vendor sounds like a great idea to me...

yikes-well.gif

No offense to anyone ordering from them but I wouldn't trust it. You will have zero recourse if they shut down and run.

Last edited:
I preordered the Fett two pack, The Armorer and Artillery Trooper most recently. The Fett pack and Trooper were a first batch order with points and they shipped it immediately once in stock. The Armorer was a second batch order which took much longer and wasn’t worth it.

If you can take advantage of coupons and/or their points system then it’s worth it. I get most of my stuff from them at local price or below. The Fett two pack cost me around $100 total since I had a bunch of points banked.

I’ve bought the Assault Tank Commander most recently when in stock using points and a coupon and have it in hand now for about the same price as it would have cost at SS.

The people calling them a rip off are just basing that on the fact that they jack up shipping prices and offer first batch figures at a higher cost for those that don’t want to wait. Work the system properly and you can get many figures faster than stateside and at the same price or below.

I typically don’t preorder figures from them that have tentative shipping dates more than a couple months out.
Yeah i wasnt that couragous just did Snow Pilot Luke, Ashoka, Jango all who was do out soonish…. But whose dates keep slipping

Paying in upfront for a preorder that could be a couple years away to a fairly anonymous Chinese vendor sounds like a great idea to me...

View attachment 565763

No offense to anyone ordering from them but I wouldn't trust it. You will have zero recourse if they shut down and run.
I'm with ya. I've got about $10K in pre-orders wrap up with Sideshow at the moment, but with only the NRD at risk and with a company that's way more likely to be around in 18-24 months.

Paying in full upfront for a preorder that could be a couple years away to a fairly anonymous Chinese vendor sounds like a great idea to me...

This is absolutely the correct take. No offense to anyone as well, but I would rather support hard working US shops and the savings offered - usually not as good as they seem - aren't worth the risk and they never have been personally.

Any of those unauthorized vendors could cut and run at any point and that'd be it if any buyer protection has expired for you.

Plus that whole fiasco with Jazzinc that was really understandably upsetting for Joost confirmed some things for me.

Last edited:
I'm with ya. I've got about $10K in pre-orders wrap up with Sideshow at the moment, but with only the NRD at risk and with a company that's way more likely to be around in 18-24 months.

I live happily in ignorance about what the grand total of my preorders add up to. Plus if my gf ever asks I can truthfully say I don't know(and it's none of your damn business lol).

Luckily most of my TW orders and payments have been thru my Apple Card which doesn’t have an expiration date on disputes

Luckily most of my TW orders and payments have been thru my Apple Card which doesn’t have an expiration date on disputes
Did they change their policy recently? Because the no expiration applied to fraudulent charges. Making a purchase and not receiving it falls under services not rendered which only covers you for 60 days.

LOL. I updated my spreadsheet yesterday and it's only about $7500 in pre-orders. I hadn't accounted for some cancelations I did recently and a few things I had actually received and paid for. It's not terrible considering it spans about 18 months and it doesn't look like I'll be pre-ordering a lot anytime soon (I am focused exclusively on Star Wars again).

LOL. I updated my spreadsheet yesterday and it's only about $7500 in pre-orders. I hadn't accounted for some cancelations I did recently and a few things I had actually received and paid for. It's not terrible considering it spans about 18 months and it doesn't look like I'll be pre-ordering a lot anytime soon (I am focused exclusively on Star Wars again).

And I thought my 3800 or so in pre-orders was bad lol.

You're right though, with how spaced out things are right now, it isn't so bad, I have so many pieces that I thought would be out by now, all paid off.

I'll be paying a silly amount for collectibles for at least the next year but on the bright side I agree, there doesn't appear to be another Mandalorian esque Star Wars tidal wave coming anytime soon.

You don’t really need to do math in your Sideshow account to see what your outstanding preorder balance is. Just look at your pending rewards point balance.

You don’t really need to do math in your Sideshow account to see what your outstanding preorder balance is. Just look at your pending rewards point balance.
Yeah for sure. I have the spreadsheet so I can keep track of rough monthly and quarterly expenditures via a pivot table. Although with HTs wildly uncertain delivery timelines, that's been much less useful...

Back