Hot Toys - TMS035 - Bo-Katan Kryze (The Mandalorian Season 2)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Looks like Eve Torres from that angle but no difference to me, headsculpt will never see the light of day anyway:lol

Eve-Torres.jpg

That sculpt looks a lot better. Where did you find the pic?
Someone altered that months ago on here. That pic originally had the stock image next to it but somebody cropped it out. It’s made it’s way on to FB like that and got some to think HT tweaked the sculpt. 😄

Let me know what you think of this Secret Base shot, and I’ll tell you what it is…

ED8FAEE8B3934565A029.jpeg

As some of you have no doubt guessed (or stated, lol), the photo above was gently caressed with some subtle Photoshop love. Specifically, the eyes were enlarged just a bit, the lips were tweaked ever so slightly, and the jaw was widened at close to the lower limit of my interface. I happen to think the result is awfully close to perfect (although it could be argued that I could turn the “glam” down another notch or two…).

The point of this is simply to show how minor the sculpt tweaks are that could take this sculpt to a new level. Nothing even approaching the level of how much they improved TROS Rey and Kylo, so I think having a truly great Bo Katan is squarely within reach, and with minimal effort if Hot Toys is willing. I’m actually a fan of the current prototype, so if that’s what we get, I’ll be ok with it. But if we get an improved version, this one could be one of those Yondu level grails…

just my opinion, of course. I’m expect some of you will like the original better!

76245AC597BE4A07876A.jpeg

@QuiGonFishing did the Photoshop and posted it here middle of last year.

It would be proper to credit the creator in general, but I think it would be best to include context when reposting as to avoid confusion and disappointment.

@Cocoboloboy QGF posted both with and without the original. I guess someone just saw the first version and ran with it. Always weird when things spread like that.

@McHaleyArt I didn’t know about that. It’s funny it had to be disproven and debunked when the person who made it explained his process in great detail right after. :lol I suppose they just missed that part.

Last edited:
@QuiGonFishing did the Photoshop and posted it here middle of last year.

It would be proper to credit the creator in general, but I think it would be best to include context when reposting as to avoid confusion and disappointment.

@Cocoboloboy QGF posted both with and without the original. I guess someone just saw the first version and ran with it. Always weird when things spread like that.

@McHaleyArt I didn’t know about that. It’s funny it had to be disproven and debunked when the person who made it explained his process in great detail right after. :lol I suppose they just missed that part.

Wow, who knew my innocent experiment would generate internet controversy!

I got the pict from reddit. The thread claimed that it was Hot Toys showing off the latest tweak.

Your creation has taken on a life of its own, much like Frankenstein's monster. I hope you can live with the consequences of your actions, you Sith lord you. LOL

Reddit has some smart people on it, and many many ninnyhammers.

When will HT finally unleash Bro Ka-Man? I hope the figure comes with the helmet on so I never have to risk breaking the neck peg.

Last edited:
Considering Ahsoka, Maul and Jango are nowhere to be found, I would assume Bo-Katan is going to get delayed into the summer or fall.

Unless they blitz a bunch of releases it feels like everything needs to be pushed back about six months.

Wow, who knew my innocent experiment would generate internet controversy!

You should be proud. It was a good edit and people would clearly rather be getting that than what we actually are.

It would be hilarious if upon release, a bunch of people start angrily complaining to Hot Toys about the production sculpt not matching the “revised sculpt” they saw online.

This is due out pretty soon, right? I’m tempted to use the Toys Wonderland preorder coupon for this and Snow Speeder Luke since they both should be dropping around the same time.

Back