Hot Toys - TMS035 - Bo-Katan Kryze (The Mandalorian Season 2)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let me know what you think of this Secret Base shot, and I’ll tell you what it is…

ED8FAEE8B3934565A029.jpeg

That’s a straight 10/10 if you ask me. Looks great!

Bo Katan is quite a fascinating character if you understand her background and political motives, which traces back the long way to era of the Clone Wars. She's not in the category of typical SW "good guys", Bo Katan used to be a high-ranking member of terrorist Death Watch group, a ruthless murderer that willingly to do everything to regain the "glory of Mandalore" in the name of her ideology. I would personally describe her character fits well with right-wing extremist.
I just watched those epsiodes of CW. Good stuff. I love seeing all these characters across different media.

As some of you have no doubt guessed (or stated, lol), the photo above was gently caressed with some subtle Photoshop love. Specifically, the eyes were enlarged just a bit, the lips were tweaked ever so slightly, and the jaw was widened at close to the lower limit of my interface. I happen to think the result is awfully close to perfect (although it could be argued that I could turn the “glam” down another notch or two…).

The point of this is simply to show how minor the sculpt tweaks are that could take this sculpt to a new level. Nothing even approaching the level of how much they improved TROS Rey and Kylo, so I think having a truly great Bo Katan is squarely within reach, and with minimal effort if Hot Toys is willing. I’m actually a fan of the current prototype, so if that’s what we get, I’ll be ok with it. But if we get an improved version, this one could be one of those Yondu level grails…

just my opinion, of course. I’m expect some of you will like the original better!

76245AC597BE4A07876A.jpeg

The eyes are what struck me the most as different and improved. The expression appears to be more like how she looked most of the time too. I think it’s pretty much perfect with the alterations but I’d even be more than happy if just the eyes were tweaked for the final production piece.

Well I recently rewatched TM series, still am growing enthralled with it. Loved watching Bo-Katan. I also really liked the female power scenes in the finale, would love to recreate that but we're only getting BK so far..

Well I recently rewatched TM series, still am growing enthralled with it. Loved watching Bo-Katan. I also really liked the female power scenes in the finale, would love to recreate that but we're only getting BK so far..

I‘m confident with Koska’s chances since it’s easy for Hot Toys to make and Fennec isn't even a matter of IF but Ming-Na WHEN.

You're SOL with Gina though. Maybe one of these 3rd Party companies will be brave enough to tackle a Female Space Ranger figure some day:dunno

I like how they didn't make a massive deal about it. It wasn't a clumsy Endgame like scene. I didn't even realise the strike ream was all female at first. It made sense that those characters were there working together.
In hindsight I did wonder what happened to the guy who was with Bo and Koska in the earlier episode. Obvious answer, he was elsewhere on another mission but I like to think he was in the bathroom when Mando and Boba picked them up from that cantina. Then when he got back from the bathroom everyone was gone and he's just stood there confused.

I‘m confident with Koska’s chances since it’s easy for Hot Toys to make and Fennec isn't even a matter of IF but Ming-Na WHEN.

You're SOL with Gina though. Maybe one of these 3rd Party companies will be brave enough to tackle a Female Space Ranger figure some day:dunno

Yeah a Cara Dune figure is a pipe dream, even the Black series 6" figures fetch a pretty penny.

I like how they didn't make a massive deal about it. It wasn't a clumsy Endgame like scene. I didn't even realise the strike ream was all female at first. It made sense that those characters were there working together.
In hindsight I did wonder what happened to the guy who was with Bo and Koska in the earlier episode. Obvious answer, he was elsewhere on another mission but I like to think he was in the bathroom when Mando and Boba picked them up from that cantina. Then when he got back from the bathroom everyone was gone and he's just stood there confused.

Yeah I didn't take note about them being all female until I let the episode sink in. They all work seamlessly together and they're just well rounded, strong characters. But yeah that scene from Endgame felt a bit blatant. I also did wonder where that dude went lol

Back