Hot Toys - TMS035 - Bo-Katan Kryze (The Mandalorian Season 2)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like how they didn't make a massive deal about it. It wasn't a clumsy Endgame like scene. I didn't even realise the strike ream was all female at first. It made sense that those characters were there working together.
In hindsight I did wonder what happened to the guy who was with Bo and Koska in the earlier episode. Obvious answer, he was elsewhere on another mission but I like to think he was in the bathroom when Mando and Boba picked them up from that cantina. Then when he got back from the bathroom everyone was gone and he's just stood there confused.

The scene in The Mandalorian certainly wasn't nearly as egregious and ridiculously forced as the Endgame scene but it still felt contrived. Not only because Axe Woves was inexplicably absent but also because they cut Bill Burr loose in the previous episode. Surely you would want as many proficient fighters as you could get and you would definitely take a sharpshooter on a mission such as the one they were about to undertake. Chalk it up to Disney's nonsense agenda.

As some of you have no doubt guessed (or stated, lol), the photo above was gently caressed with some subtle Photoshop love. Specifically, the eyes were enlarged just a bit, the lips were tweaked ever so slightly, and the jaw was widened at close to the lower limit of my interface. I happen to think the result is awfully close to perfect (although it could be argued that I could turn the “glam” down another notch or two…).

The point of this is simply to show how minor the sculpt tweaks are that could take this sculpt to a new level. Nothing even approaching the level of how much they improved TROS Rey and Kylo, so I think having a truly great Bo Katan is squarely within reach, and with minimal effort if Hot Toys is willing. I’m actually a fan of the current prototype, so if that’s what we get, I’ll be ok with it. But if we get an improved version, this one could be one of those Yondu level grails…

just my opinion, of course. I’m expect some of you will like the original better!

76245AC597BE4A07876A.jpeg
Yeah your tweaked version would have been an instant pre-order for me, even at the stupid price. Great work!

It would be nice if HT showed a reworked Sackhoff sculpt as they did with Scarlet Witch. Of all the recent prototypes that require serious help this should be priority #1 based on need.

It would be nice if HT showed a reworked Sackhoff sculpt as they did with Scarlet Witch. Of all the recent prototypes that require serious help this should be priority #1 based on need.
Scarlet Witch was reworked for accuracy of the hairdo and the crown position. Redoing the Bo-Katan sculpt would be admitting the prototype has a bad likeness. They'll probably look to improve it, but we'll likely have to wait until it's in production to see any changes.

Scarlet Witch was reworked for accuracy of the hairdo and the crown position. Redoing the Bo-Katan sculpt would be admitting the prototype has a bad likeness. They'll probably look to improve it, but we'll likely have to wait until it's in production to see any changes.

Well the Sackhoff sculpt infamously makes her look like a man to the point that it became an internet meme. If we are fixing crown position and hairstyles I think we can look into this as well.

I thought the sculpt looked a bit Sam Witwer'ish. Hopefully they'll improve it for release. The helmet looks cool but it'd be nice to have the option of using a headsculpt. Can't see myself displaying her with the current diabolical sculpt.

Well the Sackhoff sculpt infamously makes her look like a man to the point that it became an internet meme. If we are fixing crown position and hairstyles I think we can look into this as well.
They don’t really show any updates until the final release usually though. I think they only showed the Wanda update because it was initially based on prerelease material.

I really don't think the sculpt is that bad, it's a couple people going off on it, but I'm happy with it as is.

It's narrower than it should have been. In the picture below, follow the red lines.

bo-1.jpg

And also for the chest armor, the upper border should be flat (blue in the upper picture). And the diamond part in the chest must be a little curvy (lower picture, blue line), I guess the breasts in the figure positioned lower since the position of the diamond looks fine.

bo-2.jpg

Last edited:
It's narrower than it should have been. In the picture below, follow the red lines.

View attachment 531798

And also for the chest armor, the upper border should be flat (blue in the upper picture). And the diamond part in the chest must be a little curvy (lower picture, blue line), I guess the breasts in the figure positioned lower since the position of the diamond looks fine.

View attachment 531799
Looks fine to me, I couldn't give less of a **** about absolutely minute details lol.

These are more obvious things compared to the discussions on the flare of Fett's helmet :D

Bo Katan is quite a fascinating character if you understand her background and political motives, which traces back the long way to era of the Clone Wars. She's not in the category of typical SW "good guys", Bo Katan used to be a high-ranking member of terrorist Death Watch group, a ruthless murderer that willingly to do everything to regain the "glory of Mandalore" in the name of her ideology. I would personally describe her character fits well with right-wing extremist.

So we can't be a good guy when we are a right-wing "extremist" ? lmao

View attachment 531798

View attachment 531799
I'd really like that metal plate below the belt to look a little more accurate but I think they made it longer because the loops holding the holster straps needed to be bigger cause the fabric is too thick. The leather fabric could be a shade darker too.

Back