Hot Toys - TMS035 - Bo-Katan Kryze (The Mandalorian Season 2)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Mando line is some of the best work they've done in a long time. Not a lot of head sculpts, but they've shown versatility with the bodies like IG-11 and Heavy, the weathering, vehicles, different scales, and the overall selection of characters.

It's not a perfect sculpt but to describe it as horrendous is way over the top. At times it feels there is too much negativity in this hobby.

I'm still in awe of most Hot Toys figures I receive but almost every figure that goes up for pre-order these days gets trashed.

The sculpt literally makes Sackhoff look like a man. I don't know how it can be described as anything but horrendous :dunno

The sculpt literally makes Sackhoff look like a man. I don't know how it can be described as anything but horrendous :dunno

It doesn't tho.

Like I'm not saying the likeness is 100%, because I think it does need some changes to make it more accurate. But saying she looks like a man is hyperbole.

3DD2F15D-A895-44C3-9950-36FBFFD222E9.jpeg

It doesn't tho.

Like I'm not saying the likeness is 100%, because I think it does need some changes to make it more accurate. But saying she looks like a man is hyperbole.

Then why are there memes about it all over the internet? An extremely high percentage of the comments in this thread and others have talked and joked about it. The sculpt is so bad it's getting mocked. Ordinarily there is discussion about how good or bad a sculpt's likeness is, but not about whether or not it's mis-gendered. I think this is a first.

Then why are there memes about it all over the internet? An extremely high percentage of the comments in this thread and others have talked and joked about it. The sculpt is so bad it's getting mocked. Ordinarily there is discussion about how good or bad a sculpt's likeness is, but not about whether or not it's mis-gendered. I think this is a first.

Unfortunately this is the world we live in right now. I was in the TLoU2 fandom and the "It's MA'AM" comments about Abby was so prevalent and obnoxious, just because she had muscles and a slight hook nose. Like the worst thing in the world is a woman who isn't traditionally feminine, oh no~

So I'm not at all surprised there's memes about the Bo-Katan sculpt. It's just more of the same misogyny/transphobia rhetoric used by boring internet trolls than something worth listening to.

If you stare into it's eyes long enough, Howard Chan will appear behind you and whisper, "You will find that it is you who are mistaken, about a great many things."

Well I am none of those but I do take great pleasure in poking fun at both sides of the pop culture political spectrum.

With that out of the way I think the sculpt absolutely has manly features it actually reminds me of Bruce Jenner post cereal box fame.

There is nothing wrong with saying a female action figure sculpt has masculine features sheesh.

I’m sure under certain lighting conditions and proper make up Katie can pull off the opposite sex as good as Wesley Snipes did in drag lol

Staring at a ton of pictures does make it appear man-ish. Seems like the stern look really does it. Maybe too long of a face too. I won't care, sculpt will be left in the box and the figure will look awesome in the detolf. She will be $500 in a few months after release if the new release sell outs are anything to go by.

The Fett two-pack will def. take FOTY, with no disrespect meant to Bo or anyone else. We have Jango coming up in 2022 too. :panic:

Bo is cool and all, but she does not have a patch on the sheer awe you feel when beholding The Fett Dichotomy. You know its true. :p

That?s what I?m sayin. If....IF the final Boba headsculpt comes out close to the proto it alone is what will make it a contender for me, that and the awesome weathered armor. While I think Bo Katan is in the running (it is only May lol for 2022?s FOTY lol) it?s the manly headsculpt taking it down a notch

Unfortunately this is the world we live in right now. I was in the TLoU2 fandom and the "It's MA'AM" comments about Abby was so prevalent and obnoxious, just because she had muscles and a slight hook nose. Like the worst thing in the world is a woman who isn't traditionally feminine, oh no~

So I'm not at all surprised there's memes about the Bo-Katan sculpt. It's just more of the same misogyny/transphobia rhetoric used by boring internet trolls than something worth listening to.

If you want to try to turn this into something it isn't go ahead. What we are talking about here is a terrible head sculpt, nothing else. If the sculpt made Sackhoff look like a giraffe then folks would say it makes her look like a giraffe. But it doesn't make her look like a giraffe, it gives her a manish look that doesn't reflect how she looks in real life.

OK THAT MADE ME LAUGH, I actually dont agree that this is an atrocious sculpt, but I still laughed.

Its now May 3, HT. Thrill me chill me fulfill me with awesome new upcoming figures, ok? Koska or Fennec would be nice.

We will GET Tony Stark on lunchbreak. *big sigh* He will have on jeans and a t-shirt.

Accessories:

One ham and cheese sandwich
Jarvis holding out a fountain soda
Workbench with tools
Resin-cast brown "paper" lunch bag

ETTTCCCCCC and $450 price tag

I'm actually quite pleased how ugly the HS turns out to be, because obviously I do not need to buy two figures to have both display options :lol...save me **** tons of $$$.

I'm looking forward to the inevitable backpedaling that will occur when HT tweaks the sculpt for production and it turns out great. :lol

tenor.gif

Its not really backpedaling though if they change it. People are criticising it so that they do exactly that.

Its not really backpedaling though if they change it. People are criticising it so that they do exactly that.

OK you've got me there lol. But I'm willing to bet people will change their minds when it's released even if there are no tweaks - they'll see updates/improvements that haven't even been made and/or get a severe case of FOMO. It's just how this hobby works...

I'm looking forward to the inevitable backpedaling that will occur when HT tweaks the sculpt for production and it turns out great. :lol

tenor.gif

I'm buying it either way, it has a helmet. But as Chris said it's not backpedaling if HT changes the sculpt. So no "gotcha" moment that you are apparently looking forward to even if they do fix it.

Back