1/6 Hot Toys - TMS015 - The Mandalorian: Din Djarin + The Child set ( DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Considering the price of this Deluxe figure i expected the paint to be at least as shiny as Phasma which i currently have in my collection and while not my favorite character, the shiny look was perfect on a plastic figure.

I don't mind the figure having some minor wear and tear as that adds to the realism. I recall watching Episode 3 The Sin in Season 1 for the first time and when Mando walked into the Cantina on Nevaro to see Greef Carga with his brand new shiny Bekar armor i instantly said out loud OH WOW! I was in love and thought instantly i can't wait for Hot Toys to nail this one!

Everyone's comments here are warranted given the price point of Hot Toys now a days and in my opinion and i held out for this version over V1 for Mando. I still don't regret that decision. I think it's perfect in almost every regard with the exception of the paint needing to be shinier and the Child being a bit too green. I agree. I also think it's worth noting that these are also by no means deal breakers for me either and i will still keep the figure.

I'm sure it will look great in person.

Translucent cast indeed would have been great to match how the ears look in the show.

Figure looks like it could have been a solid A if the armor were properly shiny and is instead a B/B+. Unfortunate since it's otherwise so close but still looking forward to the set.

I think I'll drop out from using SSC. They seem to change their international shipping rates. They were shipping for 40USD to Europe (both DHL and Fedex). I have wanted them to ship my orders with DHL. Now, they let you choose the shipping method and charge 40USD for Fedex, and 80USD for DHL. Fedex sucks and DHL is double the cost. So, I guess I'll revert back to local shops.

I think I'll drop out from using SSC. They seem to change their international shipping rates. They were shipping for 40USD to Europe (both DHL and Fedex). I have wanted them to ship my orders with DHL. Now, they let you choose the shipping method and charge 40USD for Fedex, and 80USD for DHL. Fedex sucks and DHL is double the cost. So, I guess I'll revert back to local shops.

I know what you mean. I live in Canada and i used to order from Sideshow exclusively. The problem now is that with the exchange rate on the Canadian Dollar, shipping fees, and especially border taxes it's become cost prohibitive for me to order from them. The last figure i ordered was the Sith Trooper a year ago. I paid around 40 USD for shipping.....then it arrived at my door and i had to pay another $55 CAD for border/duties taxes.

There is a local shop in my area that gets stuff from Sideshow and Hot Toys directly that is about a 45 minute driver. I just do local pick up to save on shipping and i pay $0 for duties and border taxes. I have done the math and buying locally is still far cheaper. With the weaker Canadian dollar and having to pay local tax, but no shipping, and no border fees it's still substantially cheaper.....plus i'd rather help out a local shop in my area for obvious reasons.

Considering I paid 40USD shipping charge for Mando 10 days ago, which was delivered by DHL, I can't accept a double fold increase. Fedex charge is acceptable, but I am not satisfied with their deliveries and customs procedures. DHL is way faster and cleaner, both in shipment and customs process. I can understand a little increase but twice?

The color doesn?t really bother me that much. I think In season 1 it?s more dull anyway. Season 2 seems to have a different paint job and more gloss for sure. Maybe the season 2 mando with the bike will be more gloss but the 1/4 scale looks like it?s based on season 2 and it?s still this same paint job.

The color doesn?t really bother me that much. I think In season 1 it?s more dull anyway. Season 2 seems to have a different paint job and more gloss for sure. Maybe the season 2 mando with the bike will be more gloss but the 1/4 scale looks like it?s based on season 2 and it?s still this same paint job.

I think HT was just being cheap but maybe the painters can weigh in. Like I hafta think getting a shine finish costs more but it's a selling point if u don't have a lot of accessories. This release is loaded. Guess I'll be looking up how-to posts tho. Then S3 Hot Toys will have shiny armor and everyone will want that.

Shiny paint is more expensive for sure. But Mando also wasn't as shiny all the time in Season 1.

Allows for a shiny Season 2 Mando to look different on the shelf one day.

Except that we've already seen pics of their S2 Mando and it's the same flat silver color, so I don't think it's about them trying to be more accurate to one season or another.

Hopefully that's not true.

What S2 Mando is there? The Swoop one? That hasn't even been PO yet, has it? They could be using temp Mando (from child set) just for show.

Hopefully that's not true.

What S2 Mando is there? The Swoop one? That hasn't even been PO yet, has it? They could be using temp Mando (from child set) just for show.

The one in the bike has the the new season 2 leg armor piece from the pictures I have seen. Granted it still could be this one just with the new leg piece but they could very well just use the same figure with the leg piece too to save on costs which is probably what hot toys would do.

The one in the bike has the the new season 2 leg armor piece from the pictures I have seen. Granted it still could be this one just with the new leg piece but they could very well just use the same figure with the leg piece too to save on costs which is probably what hot toys would do.

And a shorter cape too I believe. Probably burnt by the jetpack :lol

hmm, the under suit looks grey not brown like it should be :slap

3625e593762051c3d14cb6ca67599501.jpg

Brown

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks better there but still a tad plastic looking.

Jetpack might damage the bandolier over time.

Back