1/6 Hot Toys - TMS015 - The Mandalorian: Din Djarin + The Child set ( DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sincerely hope they Lucas this show and go back and edit out the unmasking shot. I really didn’t ever want to see Mando’s face. That was my only gripe with season 1. Even before the season was over I was imagining the final shot of the series being him taking off his helmet, setting it down, and walking out to the village to be with his wife and baby Yoda with us only ever seeing the back of his head.

I'm convinced that Luke was following CDC guidelines on Ahch-To: social distancing, avoid close contact, and he even worked from home at the end with Crait.
(All kidding aside I hope everyone stays healthy and safe)

This is my #1 most wanted Hot Toy this year, they did a great job on everything I think. Love the Child.

:lol Forward-thinking

And his nephew followed his example:

kylo.jpeg

I sincerely hope they Lucas this show and go back and edit out the unmasking shot. I really didn’t ever want to see Mando’s face. That was my only gripe with season 1. Even before the season was over I was imagining the final shot of the series being him taking off his helmet, setting it down, and walking out to the village to be with his wife and baby Yoda with us only ever seeing the back of his head.

Feel same.
I was hoping that the camera will slowly pan behind his head, as IG-11 removes his helmet, leaving only him to see the face, supporting their lines about how no human saw his face and how IG-11 is not human, thus leaving this 'rule' stand still. Would have been much more satisfying.

Have to agree, we saw Mando's face WAY too soon, way too soon indeed and I was indeed fine with.... never seeing it. Profile shots in shadow, that kind of thing would have been fine. One of the qualities of this armor is that it allows you to focus not on the actual man, but on the qualities he represents. Mando is a nice guy who can kill 30 people in 30 seconds flat, ok good. Boba Fett is a guy who can do the same and he is ice-cold about it. The armor highlights all these qualities, both noble and fear-inducing ones.

I preordered this despite the current uncertainties thinking that by the time this releases in 2021[! if we're lucky!] our current situation will be past, for good or ill. Hopefully things will mostly be back to normal, and people will be back to work.

If not our preorder status will be the very least of our worries.

Total disagree on the face reveal, anyone and everyone knows the actor who's playing him, it's not some secret, he didn't have massive facial scars or something weird that we're waiting to see, it's just Pedro Pascal and I'm totally glad they got the "secret" out of the way early. Plus the retconning of Mando's not taking their helmets off was a weird change anyway. Just get it out of the way and be done with it, glad they did.

You know, there will be at least one more Mando figure, with dark saber. The think that makes me urge is the child.

I would have preferred not to see his face either, at least not so early on. Fortunately, it does mean that they can't now make him a bisexual, woman of colour, later on.

Total disagree on the face reveal, anyone and everyone knows the actor who's playing him, it's not some secret, he didn't have massive facial scars or something weird that we're waiting to see, it's just Pedro Pascal and I'm totally glad they got the "secret" out of the way early. Plus the retconning of Mando's not taking their helmets off was a weird change anyway. Just get it out of the way and be done with it, glad they did.

Saw his face all the time as a kid.:lol

Btw, liked Mando EVEN BETTER 2nd time around

Agreed. It's a fine conceit for a few episodes, but after awhile starts to seem a bit contrived that we spend all this time with him and NEVER get to see his face. Even during a more private moment or when he's alone on his ship. And once he puts the helmet on again I still find him just as mysterious and enigmatic as ever, so I don't think that has been changed at all.

I would have preferred not to see his face either, at least not so early on. Fortunately, it does mean that they can't now make him a bisexual, woman of colour, later on.

Don't worry, they can always have him transition to becoming a woman. They've still got options to upset the easily offended.

I liked the fact that we didn’t get a face reveal for a number of episodes. Yes we know who the actor is and what he looks like, but that’s besides the point in my opinion.

Having to have him without the helmet on a bunch is what a more safe show would do. Frankly with the way so many comic book films/shows have the characters in costume but unmasked I’m surprised we didn’t get more Mando scenes without his helmet.

Waiting to do the face reveal and only briefly doing so showed the people behind the show have some guts to entrust the audience, and there’s a good reason for the character being behind a helmet.

It would be a different story if it was just some random character behind a helmet or mask for the sake of it, but him being a Mandalorian it made sense he mostly kept the helmet on.

Agreed. It's a fine conceit for a few episodes, but after awhile starts to seem a bit contrived that we spend all this time with him and NEVER get to see his face. Even during a more private moment or when he's alone on his ship. And once he puts the helmet on again I still find him just as mysterious and enigmatic as ever, so I don't think that has been changed at all.

Totally agree. IMO it's not sustainable without getting absurd. We suspend disbelief with all these shows, but after a while it would be "so how does he eat, then? With an ecologically incorrect bendy straw?" "Does he sleep with that thing?" "Must get kinda ripe under that bucket".

Plus there's no way if u had his mask on - any character - for multiple seasons u wouldn't get this huge hype. Then there's this big reveal and yep, human phhhtttt. Think Favreau did good easing audience into it and taking that kind of hype off the table. While I very much appreciate the "living by a code/religious aspect" of a true Mandalorian where most of the time, he is helmeted.

I liked the fact that we didn?t get a face reveal for a number of episodes. Yes we know who the actor is and what he looks like, but that?s besides the point in my opinion.

Having to have him without the helmet on a bunch is what a more safe show would do. Frankly with the way so many comic book films/shows have the characters in costume but unmasked I?m surprised we didn?t get more Mando scenes without his helmet.

Waiting to do the face reveal and only briefly doing so showed the people behind the show have some guts to entrust the audience, and there?s a good reason for the character being behind a helmet.

It would be a different story if it was just some random character behind a helmet or mask for the sake of it, but him being a Mandalorian it made sense he mostly kept the helmet on.

I'm in the middle of "Bloodlines" by Karen Traviss right now, and one thing that struck me is that Fett has his helmet off for some of this, not really what he'd choose but he does it when needed. When he gets to put it back on, he actually feels a lot of relief. I have read things in some of the comics that lead me to the same conclusion: he does not like, at all, NOT to have that helmet on.

I'd imagine Mando, who has been wearing it since childhood, feels much the same. The helmet is a weapons-system in and of itself. It IS isolating; I get the impression Mando isn't that wild about that part of it, but Fett wants everyone not just at a distance, but a football-field's length away. So its isolating but also a lot of protection. And a 360-degree field of view!

I think the helmet is one thing that makes these people special. And I say that admitting that Pedro Pascal is an adorable person.

You?re gross.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The vibro blade should have a replaceable blade where it has three translucent efftect to imitate the effect

Back