1/6 Hot Toys - TMS 029 - The Mandalorian: Moff Gideon Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think he looks great. Definitely an improvement on the prototype. I'm glad I preordered. I'm still waiting for Ahsoka. So this will probably be months away.

Looks great but I can’t tell if his hair is grey, black or purple. Hopefully it’s just the lighting in the blogger photos.

Looks good. I cancelled a while back but maybe I’ll re-order (didn’t pay an NRD, but lost some rewards points from Alter Ego).

This releases early in his release window and people are still moaning. Weird.

It’s not for me. Don’t rate the actor highly and the big chest armour annoys me. What’s it for and why are there buttons on it. Unless his body got destroyed like Anakin. But it looks a pound shop Vader rip-off.

I can't tell if they've improved the sculpt or I've just gotten more used to it, but either way it does look quite good now.
Looking back at the initial promo pics again I've definitely gotten used to the sculpt as the production version does look pretty close to what they solicited.

Seems less soft than Lando to me but not as sharp as old Boba. Can't remember what other SW humans they've done recently. I think I'll keep my order but mostly pumped that Luke is probably dropping soon.

Actually doing a quick comparison, I do see a pretty major difference between the two, and I don't think it's just from the usual softening of the production sculpt. The features and wrinkles were all way too pronounced before, making it look more like a weird caricature of the actor. But they've toned that down quite a bit now. And the shape of the eyes seems slightly different as well.

Hot-Toys-Moff-Gideon-016.jpg

Does look quite different there. Looking at this comparison below it still looks mostly like the same sculpt to me. But again some features smoothed out. Would that really be intentional? Dunno, either way I'm liking it a bit more than I remember liking the proto.

Seems like the smile line on the left side of his mouth is a bit different too actually.
A916AACC-0A45-4702-A068-F1B1ED55CFB2.jpeg

Not wanting to bash the sculpt, but I saw this comparison on FB. The initial prototype head was thinner like Esposito's actual head.

No idea why they went wider. Unless it is camera distortion or to fit in the neck peg ??

281359398_390913826418498_6644363838598550664_n.jpg

It's easy to play with lighting in photography most Instagram users can give structure to the most bland figures.
The Moff is one hot looking toy.

Back