1/6 Hot Toys - TMS 029 - The Mandalorian: Moff Gideon Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Photo by Ian Hart from the Toy Sapiens event in Japan:

ts5.jpg

Gina deserve second chance if Disney willing to re-hire James Gunn they can do the same with Gina Carano.
Just browsing her twitter feed, I don't think they are going to re-hire her. I liked her character in the show though but I think the politics are going to keep her from coming back.

We all know when discussion turns to Gina it inevitably turns to politics, and there's a reason why politics is "discouraged" here. I know it's not easy, because it's woven into society as much as it is in pop culture.

But it's one of the most divisive activities in the 'real world' as it is here in the virtual one. If you read Giancarlo's interview, he said he wouldn't discuss the politics of the issue (even though his own seem to be entirely different from Gina's).

I've been through the bad times this forum has had, and don't want them to ever return. For many this place is a retreat. We can debate the pros and cons of a sculpt or a TV series critically and calmly, and get lost in make believe worlds, but the assumed politics behind them are another matter when they concern an on-going, unresolved issue. Arguing them is also unlikely to change people's opinions, and serve only to disturb the peace.

Hence this was written into the rules:

E. Controversial Topics (Religion and Politics). Because they are so detrimental to the cohesion of any community, we do not allow the discussion of political/religious views, religious/political figures, or social issues that will inevitably draw members into a heated debate...

So far this is the only Mandalorian release with the exception of the Night Watch figure that I haven’t preordered or bought. So much wasted potential considering Esposito’s talents, and most probably the biggest let down with an otherwise excellent series. They should have stuck with Herzog as the main villain, he has a German accent to boot.

giphy.gif

To all the German members of the forum: I'm sure ProtocolID didn't mean it! :lol

(I had a flashback to Basil Fawlty then!)
Hehe yes, you know what I mean. The reich thing is such a (facile, perhaps) shorthand for all things evil. Herzog is one of my favourite directors too, would have liked to see more of him in the Mandalorian.

Let’s just say the way they handled the side of the antagonists was a bit messy, or rather, unfocussed.

I thought he was going to be the major villain.
Same here. So far he seemed like the Imperial you’d least like to tangle with in the show. You didn’t have to set up how dangerous he could be like they did with Gideon. You just knew he was.

Back