1/6 Hot Toys - TMS 029 - The Mandalorian: Moff Gideon Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All these new collectors on Sideshow FB groups are contributing to these high priced figures. It's annoying, they compare inflated previous figures and won't bat an eye to $400+ for an older figure, they see $250 and consider it a steal. It's annoying and they still order day 1 which HT can clearly see pricing is just right with multiple orders on a 2 year release. I see no reason to preorder with that time frame.

I just went with BBTS. Have to pay tax but easier to keep track of for me. And shipping is part of the $5 or whatever bundled with pile of loot.

Ordered. Long wait.! A little pricey for a bare-bones figure, but...it
Is what it is.

Wonder if it will have a short run? We'll see in 2 years....

I no longer do POs, but i'll get it by the time of its release. However prices are going crazier every year. I bet we will hit $300 as standard in 2021. Who will be able to afford them, that's a question ...

I no longer do POs, but i'll get it by the time of its release. However prices are going crazier every year. I bet we will hit $300 as standard in 2021. Who will be able to afford them, that's a question ...
The day new figures are regularly $300 is the day I quit buying figures.

For $250 it should come with a light up saber arm. I have no idea why they thought it was a good idea not to include it on a figure with the Dark Saber.

Locked in my order at Alter Ego. $225 after my rewards isn’t bad. Shipping is free and Alter Ego doesn’t charge tax.

The long waits and the prices are a big turnoff but I can't stop buying them. I kinda wonder to myself how high the price would have to go before I tap out. All I know is that right now, $250 ain't my breaking point :lol

The "tap out" for me will be the character.

I'll hesitate as I hit the "place order" button when it hits $300 each, but I'll do it for Bespin Han, EpOne Kenobi, AOTC Kenobi, AOTC Anakin, AOTC Padme (but NOT that horrible proto from a while back), a Mando Fett, an Armorer, an R1 Cassian.

Anything else with take some serious thought.

The "tap out" for me will be the character.

I'll hesitate as I hit the "place order" button when it hits $300 each, but I'll do it for Bespin Han, EpOne Kenobi, AOTC Kenobi, AOTC Anakin, AOTC Padme (but NOT that horrible proto from a while back), a Mando Fett, an Armorer, an R1 Cassian.

Anything else with take some serious thought.
Same here. I think $300 is the point where I tap out. There are some key characters I still want that I’d maybe pay a higher price for, but when the majority of figures hit that price point I’ll probably be out. I hesitate now when prices creep too far past the $250 mark.

The other thing I’ve come to realize is at what point do I stop? Disney recently announced ten new Star Wars shows. There’s no way I can collect from each if they all see figures. As of now The Mandalorian along with the Original Trilogy, prequels, and The Clone Wars is a lot.

Back