1/6 Hot Toys - TMS 029 - The Mandalorian: Moff Gideon Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No need to rush to order with a Release date of Q2?Q3, 2022. Add in delays and it's two years form shipping.

Feel like we should know more about the character and his ultimate importance before preordering.

Some of the sequel trilogy characters ended up not living up to the hype - Captain Phasma for example.

the face does not quite convince me, I suppose it will improve on the day of its launch but what if it does not? buy a head from another sculptor? Maxnut help !

The expression is solid for the character but the likeness a bit more heroic and less derpy than Moff Fring in real life. I'll buy this, even if he gets impaled by a spear on Friday. This figure releasing today does seem to make it a little less likely that he dies this week.

Feel like we should know more about the character and his ultimate importance before preordering.

Some of the sequel trilogy characters ended up not living up to the hype - Captain Phasma for example.

Nah, he looks cool so Im buying him.

Villains don't typically do a whole heap at the best of times.....he has the Dark Saber and looks cool, I'm getting him.

Sculpt isn't perfect, but I'm all in on the whole Mandalorian line that HTs produces. I was late ordering Krennic and almost missed out; not taking a chance with this one.

Toys Wonderland actually have a decent First Batch price for this, so I PO'd that with a 12 month installment plan, which I then used a rewards code on top of.

Also I'd love to see Giancarlo's reaction to this figure given how excited he was over the Black Series/Vintage Collection figures of him.

Sculpt looks like he?s holding in gas, but he is an imperial so I have to get him. Lukewarm character who has not done much, but that has never stopped me before. The dark saber is the star of this set. Now, do I need more stormtroopers and death troopers, which could result in more death threats from the wife? Eh, she will probably kill me anyway. More troopers it is!

I think it looks awesome. I?d love to have Gus Gideon on the shelf, but I?m in no rush to order.

Sculpt looks like he?s holding in gas, but he is an imperial so I have to get him. Lukewarm character who has not done much, but that has never stopped me before. The dark saber is the star of this set. Now, do I need more stormtroopers and death troopers, which could result in more death threats from the wife? Eh, she will probably kill me anyway. More troopers it is!

Jajajaj loooollll🤣🤣🤣🤣

Re: Hot Toys - TMS - The Mandalorian: Moff Gideon Collectible Figure

Excellent! He does look rather glam'd. Last couple close up look better than most of the wide shots. But Giancarlo wishes he looked like that. :lol

Still, he's a villain, so he's mine. Black man in black will look great next to my white man in white (Krennic).

On the whole I thought the wide shots look better - the more you zoom in, the more you see minor discrepancies. But on the shelf this will definitely look like GE as Moff Gideon. This one's a no-brainer - ordered!

Hopefully SS doesn't sell out of him quickly. I'm due for another $25 promo code @12/23. If I don't use it on MG it'll probably expire before something else I want goes up for order. I've been batting at best .333 on those codes. Hall Of Fame average in baseball but disappointing in the collecting game.

Likeness looks a bit off. Looks strange in some shots but better in others. Don't care much at all about the character though. Hasn't really done anything in the two seasons that makes me want a figure of him. Cool of Hot Toys to do more villains.

I agree I'm still waiting for him to really do something... but his uniform is pretty cool. Not sure if he's an officer or a pilot in that mishmash... but I like it.

Should I wait for Deluxe Gideon with zombie Child...?

I was in on him the moment he cut himself out of his fighter with the Darksaber. That was enough for me. :lol

JC uploaded a pic
20201215_142237.jpg

Phew, that's a relief. Looks waaaay better there. A solid 8/10 sculpt, 6/10 for the FB pics.

I'm starting to think they should let JC Hong release the headsculpt pics before the official FB figure pics.

Back