1/6 Hot Toys - TMS 023 - The Clone Wars: 501st Battalion Clone Trooper (DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man ..HT waited until this version to come up with the ultimate articulation in a trooper. That is the only reason why I’m thinking of pulling the trigger on this one

First member of the Battlalion has arrived.
I wish it didn’t come with the stupid dynamic stand. Are there any generic crotchgrabbers out there that will fit in the HT base?
Hey @chrisstruthers, I think the supports from the knockoffs of the older Hot Toys oval base fit these rectangular stands.

I haven’t tried it myself so I’m not 100%, but I think the plug and hole are the same size. They still use the same style support for the sand bases (the ones that curve out towards the bottom).

If you have an old Hot Toys oval stand lying around, you can try it. The knockoff stands are only a few dollars each on eBay.

Hey @chrisstruthers, I think the supports from the knockoffs of the older Hot Toys oval base fit these rectangular stands.

I haven’t tried it myself so I’m not 100%, but I think the plug and hole are the same size. They still use the same style support for the sand bases (the ones that curve out towards the bottom).

If you have an old Hot Toys oval stand lying around, you can try it. The knockoff stands are only a few dollars each on eBay.
Yeah I have some of those cheap oval stands, they don’t fit though.

Yeah I have some of those cheap oval stands, they don’t fit though.
Darn, would’ve been a cheap fix if they fit.

hm, the holes for the the hexagonal Hot Toys stand (like from the Infinity War and TFA) is the same size as on the rectangular stands. Just dug out my box of stands to check.

I wonder if the knockoffs of the hexagonal stand would work.

Or if you can find cheap TFA stands to steal the supports from. They used to be like $5-7 but they cost more now.

Speaking of knockoffs, you know the molds for headsculpts turn out smaller in these knockoffs. If they bother to produce knockoff 501st, maybe Phase I helmet comes in scale.

Darn, would’ve been a cheap fix if they fit.

hm, the holes for the the hexagonal Hot Toys stand (like from the Infinity War and TFA) is the same size as on the rectangular stands. Just dug out my box of stands to check.

I wonder if the knockoffs of the hexagonal stand would work.

Or if you can find cheap TFA stands to steal the supports from. They used to be like $5-7 but they cost more now.
Yeah the hexagonal one fits, thanks, time to hit up ebay.

Really wish HT would include a dynamic and regular stand, I don't ever do flying poses.

Yeah the hexagonal one fits, thanks, time to hit up ebay.

Really wish HT would include a dynamic and regular stand, I don't ever do flying poses.
Agreed. At the very least a simple plastic hook that fits between the legs like the one that came with the Iron Man Mk 45.

Make one that fits on the ribbed flight pole and include it along with the wait grabber. Wouldn’t cost much.

But Hot Toys has always been weird about stands in the Star Wars line.

Best of luck in your search.

If you figure out what fits, let us know. I hate those flight stands too.
As I checked for Chris, the hexagonal Hot Toys stand supports fit the rectangular bases. The tolerance is just a hair different but they fit.

So TFA, Infinity War, Endgame and a few other figures that have used it.

There's a knockoff version of that hexagonal stand on eBay. I'm not sure if the knockoff versions will have the same size plug, but they're pretty cheap.

TFA stands used to be cheaper but they're less commonly found now. I would just buy one now to be safe.

Back