1/6 Hot Toys - TMS 008 - The Mandalorian: Bounty Hunter Droid IG-11 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Understand all of you. I for one have 3-4 figs per shelf but thinking about the 1 per shelf option... With the exception of smaller characters like Yoda and Grogu, these can be displayed together with others, like Diorama said.

Space... An issue greater than what most collectors think.

I think most collectors think about space, lol. Unless you have a very large house with an excess of rooms, or at least a safe basement or unused guest room or something.

It’s very easy to run out of space. Especially when you also have to store boxes and packaging. Best thing anyone can do is try to stay disciplined and only buy what their focus is on.

I fully understand wanting to keep figures spaced out and to 1-3 per section/shelf to feature them properly.

I am also not against large numbers of figures together if it’s done well. Sometimes there’s no other options. If presented in a thoughtful manner and all the figures are posed well, it can work.

I’m waiting to get bigger shelves myself but even then, I’ll end up with a more packed display than what some would prefer.

I think most collectors think about space, lol. Unless you have a very large house with an excess of rooms, or at least a safe basement or unused guest room or something.

"Space: the final frontier. These are the trials of the toy collector. Their never-ending mission to explore strange new display options. To seek out new shelves and new rooms. To boldly go where I've thankfully only seen one display go before..."

197035267_3894826253961204_6551787311484053876_n.jpg

Last edited:
Not too sure about that. The amount of preorders people have racked up in recent years are probably going to take up more space than some anticipate. That empty detolf quickly fills up.

Not too sure about that. The amount of preorders people have racked up in recent years are probably going to take up more space than some anticipate. That empty detolf quickly fills up.
haha, I suppose it’s a matter of the space issue probably being somewhere in our thoughts but suppressed.

It’s easier to buy things when they won’t take up space in your home for a while.

“That’s a problem for future me!”

I'm a strong 2x1 shelf guy, with an allowed bump to 3 if it's a small character like Rocket or Yoda.

Same, 1-2 on a shelf. Only exception I've made to that is with EP + 2 RGs and Gideon with a Deathtrooper and Dark Trooper behind him (when released). Cannot stand a cluttered look. Only problem is space for all the detolfs, sitting at 9 currently.

Yeah I'm at the point where I might need to put a line of detolfs in the middle of my display room, since the walls are all filled up by this point and I don't like how crowded my current ones are starting to get.

"Space: the final frontier. These are the trials of the toy collector. Their never-ending mission to explore strange new display options. To seek out new shelves and new rooms. To boldly go where I've thankfully only seen one display go before..."

Yikes, those figures must be sticky & mouldy.

Imagine all those airbourne, floating poo particles that welded themselves onto each figure. Selling any of those on ebay would be a challenge for an honest seller - Item: Used, Item Condition: Custom 'skidding' effects (weathering) and may smell like a festival toilet. Comes with a FREE packet of Antibac Wipes, Febreze Spray and a Hazmat suit.

Imagine all those airbourne, floating poo particles that welded themselves onto each figure. Selling any of those on ebay would be a challenge for an honest seller - Item: Used, Item Condition: Custom 'skidding' effects (weathering) and may smell like a festival toilet. Comes with a FREE packet of Antibac Wipes, Febreze Spray and a Hazmat suit.
Yeah... for an honest seller. More likely they'll end up on eBay listed as "new - other".

All those peeping eyes would put me off. I need privacy! 👀🤪

I personally don’t have a lot of my collection out, but the ones I have are on the top of a bookcase in a row. When I have a more permanent place to display them I’ll probably do something similar.

I’ve really never been one for detolfs even though they seem to be the most common way to display these types of figures.

I personally don’t have a lot of my collection out, but the ones I have are on the top of a bookcase in a row. When I have a more permanent place to display them I’ll probably do something similar.

I’ve really never been one for detolfs even though they seem to be the most common way to display these types of figures.
I like the Detolfs for displaying one figure or a scene/diorama setup. If I want to display multiple items, then a Besta is what I use. I can also move Detolfs around quite easily, dust proof them, route lights and clean them inside and outside with no hassle.

Many seem to be going the route of Moducase, custom display or some other type when it comes to a bigger type collection.

At the end of the day, it is what makes you happy no doubt.

Why my dolly still prepare to ship status? It takes a while to get stuff from SSC now.

Why my dolly still prepare to ship status? It takes a while to get stuff from SSC now.
Same boat, tho my Scout/speeder set got a shipping label. I just think it's coz shipping is messed up, unless u are Amazon with your own drivers and trucks.

Back