1/6 Hot Toys - TMS 008 - The Mandalorian: Bounty Hunter Droid IG-11 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm trying to talk myself out of it lol. Trying to limit my Mando HT purchases.

But I'm weak and HT has been so dry the last 5 months, I want to buy something new.
That’s fair. But if you’re on the fence and want to buy it, you should. You can always sell it later. I don’t think you’d lose money on it.

Yeah that one was painful. I made that mistake with the HM. I thought if it goes on waitlist I'll still have a good chance of getting one...

Nope, waitlisted and waitlist full in one day. Missed it by a matter of hours. I learned a costly mistake I'll never repeat again.
That was one of the craziest moments I’ve seen in all these years of collecting Hot Toys.

There was definitely a lot of panic out there in that moment. But it’s a figure that had a very small run.

Don’t expect it’ll happen again with IG-11 for those who are taking a wait and see approach since they’ll make a lot more.

Also, just got my processing/shipping soon notice as well.

That’s fair. But if you’re on the fence and want to buy it, you should. You can always sell it later. I don’t think you’d lose money on it.

That was one of the craziest moments I’ve seen in all these years of collecting Hot Toys.

There was definitely a lot of panic out there in that moment. But it’s a figure that had a very small run.

Don’t expect it’ll happen again with IG-11 for those who are taking a wait and see approach since they’ll make a lot more.

Also, just got my processing/shipping soon notice as well.
Agreed MyenShi! And good on you @SOU7567 !

I have to respect anyone trying to use restraint with collecting, especially considering what a serious investment HT figures can be.

The forum has been an excellent resource for navigating all these releases. Now that I've been paying attention and reading up on all the HT threads these last few months, I feel smarter already. 🤓

And whadaya know... JUST SAW THIS!
Woohoo got my IG notice too! Lol

Unboxed mine yesterday and its a stellar figure. Well balanced, great articulation and a welcome addition to the Mando line up and nice change of pace following all those troopers.

P1050447.JPG
P1050464.JPG
P1050458.JPG

True but you can’t fit everyone on same shelf. It’s so hard to minimize 1/6. Though I feel like the more of them you have it ends up looking less special if that makes sense?

I get your point. Especially at that scale. Even it's very tempting, adding (too many) supporting characters to the shelf may take away some of that wow feeling.
Yet, i still believe Karga to be an essential piece of Season 1 narrative and thus fully deserving a spot in my collection. To me, a perfect season 1 shelf should, at least, be composed of Mando, Greef Karga, IG-11, Kuiil, Cara Dune and Moff Gideon.

I enjoyed Carl Weathers portrayal of Greef Karga, and agree... one of the essential characters.

I would have never believed he could find his way into the Star Wars universe, but I'm glad he did. His absence from the conclusion of S2 felt strange.

Last edited:
Hot Toys looks the best when they are alone. One figure per shelf(detolf) is the way, but with all cool releases you'll end up with a Justin Collection. That is, cramped. As F. Which.... Greatly lowers the perceived value of them.

Hot Toys looks the best when they are alone. One figure per shelf(detolf) is the way, but with all cool releases you'll end up with a Justin Collection. That is, cramped. As F. Which.... Greatly lowers the perceived value of them.
Totally agree with you. The eyes can't see detail on any one figure, it just ends up a confused mess.

They don't say "less is more" for nothing right.

Back