Hot Toys- The Watchmen, Silk Spectre 'Official' Spec + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it's her hair that's making her head look oversized. My main beef with the figure is that her "shorts" are too long compared to the real costume and prototype. Why HT, why!!!?

Probably to cover up the joints that people are so fond of griping about.

This is a really nice figure but even Hot Toys clearly needs more experience with female characters.

a) Creating as life-like and accurate a female head as many of the male ones available is clearly more of an artistic challenge. Sculpts seem to either be too pronounced in certain features creating a slightly masculine look (problem here) or it is too feature-less and risks appearing doll-like (Silken Floss).

Still work by Trevor, Ada Chan and Spenser all show that it is possible, Hot Toys just needs to put more effort into it.

b) The skin is too dark. Hot Toys tends towards this problem with all Caucasian figures, and since northern European women tend to have noticeably paler skin than men, it is even more off with a female head. They needed to use whatever mix they used with the new female Caucasian TT.

c) Women's hands and feet are on average smaller than a man of the same height, but her hands are way too small for either Akerman herself or a generic European woman of that height.

Actually in person the head and hands look perfectly proportional. She just doesn't photograph all that well - unlike the real Akerman.

I think I'm paying like $70 for this with all my Sideshow Rewards Points.

This is definitely not a figure where I have to get it ASAP (though Sideshow should be shipping them pretty soon) and at that price I can definitely wait but I'm still looking forward to it.

I just wish they'd announce Rorschach. Actually I just want them to do the main 6. That would satisfy everyone. I know there are people that want even more than that but the main 6 makes sense and everything else is just gravy.

I just opened her up today and she is phenomenal. I love her! Best female from Hot Toys ever, imo.

Does anyone know if Hot Toys are actually planning on releasing more from this line? They announced Silk Spectre and The Comedian and then nothing. Was hoping they'd release the whole Watchmen gang.

I think there was a pic of a prototype Rorschach from toyworld or something.

This is a really nice figure but even Hot Toys clearly needs more experience with female characters.

a) Creating as life-like and accurate a female head as many of the male ones available is clearly more of an artistic challenge. Sculpts seem to either be too pronounced in certain features creating a slightly masculine look (problem here) or it is too feature-less and risks appearing doll-like (Silken Floss).

Still work by Trevor, Ada Chan and Spenser all show that it is possible, Hot Toys just needs to put more effort into it.

b) The skin is too dark. Hot Toys tends towards this problem with all Caucasian figures, and since northern European women tend to have noticeably paler skin than men, it is even more off with a female head. They needed to use whatever mix they used with the new female Caucasian TT.

c) Women's hands and feet are on average smaller than a man of the same height, but her hands are way too small for either Akerman herself or a generic European woman of that height.

Couldn't agree more

I don't know if it's been mentionned in this thread, but don't you guys think she could make a good Xenia? Their faces are very similar...

Likeness isn't 100% Xena-like but all costumed up I think it could be passable. But you would need a different body.

ssxena.jpg

:D

this thread needs more pictures! im teetering between getting her and not getting her right now.....damn it would be so much simpler is HT gave us any indication as to what they're doing with the line

Actually the Toybiz Xena heads from the 2nd wave of 12" they released are excellent Lucy likenesses. I'm sure they can be found cheap on ebay.

Back