1/6 Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1)-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Angelus matte acrylic finisher. It's very thin so let it dry and apply in several coats with a soft paint brush.

Still love this fig.

Mk6EbgV.jpg

I never got around to picking this one up. I have the Tech-Noir one as my only "Terminator" version. Would like to add this one but pricing has gotten a bit high.

T-2 is well covered, though.

Finally got round to painting the HT Commando head.
The Gargs from the 238 fit pretty nicely.
Figure is using the HT Commando body, which looks bigger and better then the 238 imo.

Tb8X19r.jpg

SNhF7Bp.jpg

pUSlMgj.jpg

EWe9OOa.jpg

Last edited:
looks disgusting actually. i'm really sorry, but this mod makes MMS238 look brilliant instead of terrible.

Well, it's an interesting experiment and looks like a nice job on the repaint but I don't think that head works any better than the stock MMS238. The flat-top hair isn't accurate and, even with the Gargoyles on, the likeness on that sculpt comes across like a knock-off third party head. That's Hot Toys' fault of course.

The bigger body is welcome because, as we know, the stock body is too slim for T1 - but you do then run into a problem with how the vest and jacket fit and mobility of the torso and arms if the jacket is now too tight.

Can the stock head fit that body?

Yeah that looks pretty silly. I never did like their Commando sculpt.

Well, it's an interesting experiment and looks like a nice job on the repaint but I don't think that head works any better than the stock MMS238. The flat-top hair isn't accurate and, even with the Gargoyles on, the likeness on that sculpt comes across like a knock-off third party head. That's Hot Toys' fault of course.

The bigger body is welcome because, as we know, the stock body is too slim for T1 - but you do then run into a problem with how the vest and jacket fit and mobility of the torso and arms if the jacket is now too tight.

Can the stock head fit that body?

Nope fraid not, unless u mod the 238 head or Commando neck.
Yeah the hair at the front could do with being a little longer tbh
The body is defo an improvement on the 238 body, Arnie was still pretty big in T1
The shirt and jacket are tighter for sure but If I remember right the t-shirt and jacket seemed pretty tight on Arnie in the Police shootout scene.
Ideally I would like a better police shootout head thats compatible with the Commando body.
You can still get a semi decent pose, even with the greater restriction.

zM97W4f.jpg

I just wanted to see what the Commando sculpt minus the camo would look like and how the Commando body would look with the 238 clothes.

I had to use some industrial strength bio strip paste to get the original paint off the sculpt :lol. HT sure do make their paint apps robust.

Last edited:
Has anyone used a Phicen M34 body on the MMS238? The Commando body has limited elbow movemment, which is essential for that shootout pose.

In T1 the jacket fit him nicely as opposed to tightly. Those clothes look way too small. Can the jacket be zipped on that body? The jacket was open of course in the police shoot out, just curious.

In T1 the jacket fit him nicely as opposed to tightly. Those clothes look way too small. Can the jacket be zipped on that body? The jacket was open of course in the police shoot out, just curious.

You can still zip the jacket up, I was thinking about sanding down the Commando upper body a bit. So the jacket is not so tight.

JLWaDU1.jpg

Tech Noir Arnie
zpQ0eai.jpg

Last edited:
Hi guys,

I'm new here, been a collector since 2010 and been watching these forums forever. Finally decided to sign up, nice to meet you all!

I, like a lot of you, have been trying to figure out how to fix my MMS238. I've had it since it came out, and only recently realized during the lock-down that the head is far larger than I like, and it seems to be sculpted on Arnold's stunt double more than Arnold (one of the pics I saw on here proved this). So I took out the extra head of my MMS136, removed the stock head and replaced it.

It's a MUCH better look. Now because the head is smaller, it's proportionate to the body, it actually sits snug into the neck base without the *peg and can be positioned in all the various ways you generally would position it without it falling off. Of course, I would prefer to have it sit on a peg. So I've ordered another Phicen M35 (I replaced my MMS136's body with one because the neck-base being brittle as it is finally gave out, I also replaced my Dutch Schaefer's body as the legs just broke off, clothes are a perfect fit and it looks awesome), and doing the same only makes more sense to match the sizes of the two models together. All I'd need then is to find someone who can do some mods to the spare head (actually planning to buy an extra head for it instead of use the spare) and clean up the blood down the cheeks.

Hope this helps anyone who might be interested. If anyone has any tips on how to get some paint work done, please advise!

I will post images of my setup soon as I cross 5 posts.:wave

Back