1/6 Hot Toys - The Mandalorian: Transport Trooper Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unfortunately i feel the same, just love this hobby too much to quit.

I love 1/6 collecting too, and don't want to quit either.

When I'm receiving figures that don't move me at all, I know it's time to focus on subjects that do. I've had a lot more fun receiving WWII figures than I've had recently from Star Wars where it's more a case of ticking another one off the list.

Star Wars needs to take a break like it did from the 1980s, because at the moment it's over saturated with never ending content designed to generate new collectables.

I went off Marvel movies and collecting Marvel 1/6 a while back for the same reason, and I'm losing interest in DC as well now. They're no longer feeling special. I'd rather focus on historical subject matter (WWII, 'Wild West', C15th), or smaller, less catered for franchises (Stranger Things, The Last of Us).

Yet it's still hard getting out of Star Wars because it's been with me for so long. The OT is still classic, and I have fond memories of the early EU. Every new series or film set in the right era with familiar looking characters is always going to tempt me - as with the Snowtrooper inspired breastplate on the Mudtrooper and Transport Trooper.

The reality of receiving the figures doesn't match the old nostalgia though, not even when I got Hot Toys' Snowspeeder Luke. I never expected I'd ever reach that state of mind with Star Wars. I assumed it would be with me forever.

I know what you mean, sometimes the flame for a specific franchise or character dies off or fades a bit, for me star wars will always be special, heck i saw Empire in the theater when i was like 5 yrs old so its been with me almost all my life. And i know what you mean by being blown away when opening a figure, thats something that happens to me not with every figure but it does happen....i dont know, i've been looking for reasons to cut back on collecting but always end up back in the game. I have realized that its impossible to get every single figure that comes out be it star wars, dc or marvel and im ok with that, the point is to have fun.

3D4E821D-D023-46DC-BDBD-26383CAE4A4A.jpeg

Sure others are saying the same thing lol.

Wonder if we'll get to the point where Jango, Ahsoka, Snowspeeder Luke and a few others that were released around that time, will get these 20-30% deals.

You win some you lose some. All part of collecting. Or at least that's what I tell myself. :lol

I can't see them being advertised for a Daily Deal unless they're still around like next year. But maybe something like a 20% off all in stock items kind of thing?

Tempting for $165. I’ll probably pass though. Holding out for deals on a figure I want more like Maul or Anakin from TCW.

Couldn’t pass up on this for $110
Now Din Djarin Headsculpt have a use in my collection
F18A8095-8DF8-4398-AB31-A41289ADF86E.png

Attachments

• 434A1A16-F6A6-4B8D-94C8-CA0A2E34FFE8.jpeg
    434A1A16-F6A6-4B8D-94C8-CA0A2E34FFE8.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • F21469B4-E7A8-4058-A1EA-FF2ABC1CA677.jpeg
    F21469B4-E7A8-4058-A1EA-FF2ABC1CA677.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • C26E8697-274D-4CF5-BCF8-9D2D2FB84D83.jpeg
    C26E8697-274D-4CF5-BCF8-9D2D2FB84D83.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
Following the arrival of my Chromando, i finally had the chance to fit Din's head sculpt on that trooper. Alas, i managed to scratch some of the hair paint on the back of the head during the process. It's only a few square milimeters but i'd like to try and repaint the area.

I have absolutely zero skill in painting so i thought i'd ask for some advice on what to use and how to proceed before i try anything dumb.

Back