Hot Toys: The Mandalorian The Child Life-Size Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have no idea why this figure has caused people to act so petty around here. Reading some responses regarding the split below the jaw makes me think some people are happy this is happening.

Well said Goblin. They?ll keep posting negativity to serve their own agendas anyway, thinking shouting the loudest/having the last word makes them right.

Looking forward to getting mine despite the throat cut spamming hate on here.

Well said Goblin. They?ll keep posting negativity to serve their own agendas anyway, thinking shouting the loudest/having the last word makes them right.

Looking forward to getting mine despite the throat cut spamming hate on here.

Happy? No. Surpised? Also no. More of a "told you so" moment.

I don't see anyone acting "happy" about it anyway, so don't try to start ****.

Bringing attention to major QC problems isn't hate. This figure has issues, the chin tearing being the most major of them, people are right to bring attention to it and Hot Toys should be hearing it.

I went back to post #415 by Centrocal, who first shared the tearing issue with us, on this thread. I found no post showing "spamming hate" or "pettiness" or anyone happy to see it happen. On the contrary, people were upset that it was happening and showing some empathy to those who were experiencing the damage or had ordered one. If I missed any posts showing otherwise, please do share.

I can understand if some have buyer's remorse, seeing this issue popping up. My recommendation is if you ordered through Sideshow and it hasn't shipped out yet, call them and see if you can switch the order to the SS version. It may not be as articulated as the HT version but you'll be safe from the tearing damage and get some money in return, if not mistaken.

I should be getting mine relatively soon; if I don't manhandle it or pose it with the mouth closed, do I have anything to worry about?

No throat cut spamming hate here, but Hot Toys should be very responsible for this. Delivering a product that is defect or will fail over time is terrible.

I don't think they tested or thought of this happening, friend got his today right out the box it was ripped.

I feel for those who ordered this, the suggestion of sending back and hot toys offering a plastic head is a great idea. I'm wondering how they will rectify this. :dunno

They won't do anything about it.

I had mine with the mouth closed for a week or so, and it's fine. I opened it up immediately after seeing the images, and it looked fine still, but if it happens I can hopefully just hide it with some posing and futzing of the collar.

I don't think they tested or thought of this happening, friend got his today right out the box it was ripped.

I feel for those who ordered this, the suggestion of sending back and hot toys offering a plastic head is a great idea. I'm wondering how they will rectify this. :dunno

well they should do a proper test before they decided to release the product.
The idea is to put the stress on the rubber for a period of time, and see what happen. If they don't do anything with the rubber break issue, it will affect the sales, and price will drop.

well they should do a proper test before they decided to release the product.
The idea is to put the stress on the rubber for a period of time, and see what happen. If they don't do anything with the rubber break issue, it will affect the sales, and price will drop.

Hot Toys had problems with their low quality rubber and pleather/faux leather for years, and they never addressed the issues. Not sure they will start now...

Hot Toys had problems with their low quality rubber and pleather/faux leather for years, and they never addressed the issues. Not sure they will start now...

Yes I know, my Hellboy v1 was one of them, and then Blade and so on, but those happened over quite a while/long time. This one is new, straight out of the box!
There will still be many of them on the shelf and people would not buy it because of the issue, and if HT is smart, they are going to do something about this.

Yes I know, my Hellboy v1 was one of them, and then Blade and so on, but those happened over quite a while/long time. This one is new, straight out of the box!
There will still be many of them on the shelf and people would not buy it because of the issue, and if HT is smart, they are going to do something about this.

I wish I had your optimism in seeing Hot Toys really doing something about these issues...

That word is not in their dictionary.

The only way Hot Toys/Sideshow will take action is if this gets in front of the eyes of the Disney team.
Maybe if the social media savvy folks organize and contact Disney across multiple platforms.

Well, I'm working for Disney and Lucas (pencilling Star Wars comic now), but I am not sure if I put this issue on my twitter/instagram it will affect Hot Toys. I think the only thing that will make em do something is if there's massive outburst like the Tony head, or if they feel the loss of not being able to sold this product due to the defect.

Wow... had not even looked at this thread for quite a while and just saw the tearing issue.

Really glad I did not go forward with picking this up, mainly because I am pretty sure it would have
happened on mine knowing my luck, lol.

The price made me not want to pick it up, the issue just made that a good decision. They've probably produced a lot banking on cuteness.

Back