Hot Toys: The Mandalorian The Child Life-Size Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another one bites the dust. This one was straight out of the box apparently.

8785898ac383f2d79292c2e80d1f1ccf.jpg

Hopefully that isn’t widespread but HT doesn’t have a real good track record with rubber components. Especially considering this is articulated.

Sideshow one is resin.

Sideshow is vinyl, not resin. The base is probably resin, but the figure is pvc, and abs. (The weight on the inside of the abs body may possibly be a resin or abs). The eyes are acrylic. At least this is what I was told by somone at sideshow on the production

I was so set on the hot toy one because of it being poseable but as soon as I saw the head wasn't resin I reverted back to ordering a sideshow one.
Really sucks they went with a rubber material.:slap:gah:

Not sure how people are gonna get this sorted as a replacement at this stage would still have the same issue's right?
Seen a handful more people saying they've got the same issue. :horror

I watched the Jedha and Justin livestream and they pulled this up.

Not an attack on Justin but he was seriously defending Hot Toys on this, saying the instructions tell you not to pose his mouth closed to avoid this.

1) Then why even include the articulated mouth feature? Just do away with it and save some cost and save people they pain of having the chin on their Grogu rip open.

2) This has been shown to happen fresh out of the box too.

I watched the Jedha and Justin livestream and they pulled this up.

Not an attack on Justin but he was seriously defending Hot Toys on this, saying the instructions tell you not to pose his mouth closed to avoid this.

1) Then why even include the articulated mouth feature? Just do away with it and save some cost and save people they pain of having the chin on their Grogu rip open.

2) This has been shown to happen fresh out of the box too.

The big mistake hot toys made was THEY SHOULD HAVE MOLDED THE HEAD WITH THE CLOSED MOUTH POSITION.

better to have extra material instead of stretching it when the mouth closes.
I was more concerned with the corners of the mouth if there were no filleted corners in case it?d rip also

HOT TOYS: please fix this issue by adding more material or recasting the head!

Oh, that is really a bummer. I usually don’t buy any HT figures with rubber suits for fear of this. I thought the rubber on Grogu’s chin was going to be heavy duty and thick enough not to rip.....but looks like HT dropped the ball here. I may rethink this and have to cancel and stay with the sideshow version.

Well, I already got mine. If it tears on me, at least it looks like it's in a spot that's easily hidden by the collar of his robe.

Do you care to carefully list reasons to your conclusion? Please give a good reason to why this thing is off !
PLEASEEE ! ! !

Cause i know i'm totally incapable of making my own observations and i yearn for someone to remind me again and again and again like a broken record on why you don't like it, hence i should hate it too.

I really want to order then cancel my order. So just tell me why i should... the fate of whether or not i own a 1:1 HT The Child is entirely in your hands ! ! ! !

Give it to me ! ! ! Those ugly ear seems, no hair on the ears, huge hands, isin't the original mold, cartoony, robes don't look good, its hasbro'ish, what did i miss... GIVE ME MORE ! ! ! !
Well they say a picture is worth a thousand words...
815adba4b64a1059cc7889de45ee6564.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

I have no idea why this figure has caused people to act so petty around here. Reading some responses regarding the split below the jaw makes me think some people are happy this is happening.

I have no idea why this figure has caused people to act so petty around here. Reading some responses regarding the split below the jaw makes me think some people are happy this is happening.

Well, some people find joy in other people's demise.

You in particular getting ruffled by a sarcastic reply to another sarcastic reply is pretty rich. For sure I'm not happy that this is happening to people's expensive toy but I told you it would. It was pretty obvious just looking at it and knowing Hot Toys history with rubber.

HT should just replace all the affected heads with a closed mouth solid plastic head. No articulated mouth. keep the swap out ears. That is the best solution. Offer a trade in program thru official distributors.

This is gonna become a money pit for HT. Its the 'leaky abs crisis' all over again. I suspect they will discontinue the product. But they need to take care of affected customers.

Back