Hot Toys: The Mandalorian The Child Life-Size Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine is still fine. Had the mouth closed for a week before the images started popping up. Been over a month since I got it.

Noticed on the instructions sheet which was added to the sideshow site recently it states "don't close mouth for long periods of time"
I'm wondering if it's a case of batches some maybe cast in thinner rubber.

I cancelled mine went with sideshow and I'm going to mod for posing. Dam sucks as I wanted this one but that chin issue and price point I refuse to support the QC issues if Hot toys won't fix it.

Noticed on the instructions sheet which was added to the sideshow site recently it states "don't close mouth for long periods of time"

I cancelled mine went with sideshow and I'm going to mod for posing. Dam sucks as I wanted this one but that chin issue and price point I refuse to support the QC issues if Hot toys won't fix it.

It's funny that the instructions say not to close the mouth for long periods of time, when it comes out of the box with the mouth closed. If they cant even pay attention to their own instructions then what makes them think collectors will?

It's funny that the instructions say not to close the mouth for long periods of time, when it comes out of the box with the mouth closed. If they cant even pay attention to their own instructions then what makes them think collectors will?

Something I actually thought ironic and a huge point they should of left the mouth gimmick.

I just canceled mine. I wanted to display mine with the mouth closed....and with how widespread this issue appears to be, there is no guarantee it won't rip.

I typically avoid HT figures with rubber suits or moving rubber parts....but didn't think this would would turn out to be such an issue as it was just a small jaw joint.

The only way for HT to make amends for this is to make a solid head sculpt and send it out to all those who decided to keep the figure. But they won't do that. So hoping they release a 2.0 later on with a solid head sculpt.

I just canceled mine. I wanted to display mine with the mouth closed....and with how widespread this issue appears to be, there is no guarantee it won't rip.

I typically avoid HT figures with rubber suits or moving rubber parts....but didn't think this would would turn out to be such an issue as it was just a small jaw joint.

The only way for HT to make amends for this is to make a solid head sculpt and send it out to all those who decided to keep the figure. But they won't do that. So hoping they release a 2.0 later on with a solid head sculpt.

Even if they did that, they'd require you to pay to send the old head back to sideshow.

I really, really wanted one of these. I passed on the Sideshow Grogu to get the Hot Toys version. But given the mouth issue and the accuracy I think I'm going to be 1:1 Grogu-less for the foreseeable future. I assume they'll do a 2.0 version at some point but who knows.

Perhaps being stored in the hot containers onboard the ships for so long had an effect on the material?

I don't think it's actually too hot but I'm no expert. It hasn't quite gotten hot in SoCal so far this year other than a day or two over the past month. Maybe the mouths were just closed for too long.

I don't know why they even offered an opening mouth. They didn't advertise that initially. No one was asking for it. What this would have really benefited from is moving eyes. That would've made much more sense.

Stupidest design ever... what type of imbecile would design/sell something that they know will have problems straight off the bat???

I'm going to sell you a car, but there's a caveat; you can't leave the doors shut for long periods of time. That's about as stupid as having that warning with their figure. What a joke.

I cancelled mine got fully refunded with deposit from Ssc then ordered the Ssc one. I got a gut feeling when he starts shipping this is going to be an even more widespread problem which many collectors will have to get in line for a refund smh. Just thinking ahead, no time for subpar qc out of the box.

I cancelled mine got fully refunded with deposit from Ssc then ordered the Ssc one. I got a gut feeling when he starts shipping this is going to be an even more widespread problem which many collectors will have to get in line for a refund smh. Just thinking ahead, no time for subpar qc out of the box.

Very good decision, you won't regret it. I was once fully in the Hot Toys camp, until I got the Sideshow one in hand. I know it's a bit of a cliche, but the photos and reviews don't do it an ounce of justice, it's damn near perfect in hand. Every time I walk past it I have to stop and look at it. The proportions seem so perfect, it's a beautiful paint job, and the quality of the hessian(?) robes are fantastic. It feels like it came straight out of the show. Even the pink cheeks are far more subtle in person (unless I received a toned down batch). Unfortunately I lost the 50gbp ($70) deposit on the Hot Toys one. No big deal, I'd have glady paid an extra 50gbp for the Sideshow version, so that's how I rationalise it.

It may not have articulation, but the likeness of the Sideshow version is vastly superior to that of the HT version. When you look at them side by side the HT version looks like a caricature of Grogu.

I know he might not be the best and the flaw he came with terrifies me to the core, Thankfully mine arrived with no issues and he will be left in this pose for a long time.

wwR4DSV

t4bg3mR

wdLKsTG

27bRhtH

I just cancelled for a full refund. Sideshow says HOT Toys hasn't issued any statement regarding the chin. I'm not gambling $410 on something that may or may not fall apart and not have a future solution in place. Looks like HT has simply moved on to the next money grab.

Is this worth the price or should I just stick to 1/6 collecting?

Back