Hot Toys - The Mandalorian - Scout Trooper and Speeder Bike Set + The Child

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thought about it and I'm likely gonna cancel this and just eat the NRD, too many other figures on order and something as to go, as much as I want this.

Mine arrived a couple of days ago and I took a few glam shots today, really loving this set!

20210807_155636.jpg

20210807_153357.jpg

20210807_152115.jpg

Apologies for the desktop shots but some quick iPhone shots here--I need to get him and the bike under proper lighting--it's just so damn large haha! Love the shapes and dirt/weathering on this guy. Anyone hesitating should grab this...if you have the space!
IMG_0199.jpg
IMG_0201.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0198.jpg
    IMG_0198.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0200.jpg
    IMG_0200.jpg
    252.9 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0202.jpg
    IMG_0202.jpg
    215 KB · Views: 55
"i feel it again.
The pull to the light"

Trying to hold out for the ROTJ version.
Might just grab the Scout at this stage.
If you can, get the Mando Scout with speeder bike. The first season is historic I believe and even though the Scouts did not appeal to everyone, it was still awesome to see IG-11 arrive to kick some ass and ride into town and kick more ass. If you liked them in season 1 & 2 and have space, get it.

Very small nit pick but I have no idea why they couldn't put the magnets in the bike already? Like why is that something to add and then have them barely do anything once installed too.

Very small nit pick but I have no idea why they couldn't put the magnets in the bike already? Like why is that something to add and then have them barely do anything once installed too.
Yeah I asked myself the same question when I had to try and get those magnets installed on those pedals. Once you get them oriented right, they definitely gets snapped into place securely.

Got this over the weekend. Overall I'm pleased but I was surprised how lacking it was in details/weathering versus the ROTJ bike (Sideshow). Maybe it's 100% accurate to the Mando version but looks a bit basic in some parts.

Outside the handles and ease of assembly I'm not sure there's a specific area I would give to the HT bike.

B272EFC0-59DE-49C0-989B-4AE2E0854C7E.jpeg
ADF47BEC-8983-41D2-836C-B274C3B7647E.jpeg
733674A5-3B60-449F-AAA8-FC108D73F06A.jpeg
EAA166F4-A0FF-409A-839E-047DD3FFB269.jpeg

Also, there's a large gap on mine between the front of the bike and the weather vane section, anyone else have this? Looks like Pac-Man.

5695B546-272A-46AA-BECE-730CE61922A6.jpeg

Got this over the weekend. Overall I'm pleased but I was surprised how lacking it was in details/weathering versus the ROTJ bike (Sideshow). Maybe it's 100% accurate to the Mando version but looks a bit basic in some parts.

Outside the handles and ease of assembly I'm not sure there's a specific area I would give to the HT bike.

View attachment 534874View attachment 534875View attachment 534876View attachment 534877

Also, there's a large gap on mine between the front of the bike and the weather vane section, anyone else have this? Looks like Pac-Man.

View attachment 534878

Great post, I agree with all of this. The gap on the HT seems to be how they are, both of mine have it.

@TonTon Agreed! Nice comparison!

HT's underside is far too clean for it's environment. There's def room for improvement, and I don't think it would be too difficult to apply some additional washes and weathering. The stock SS bike on the other hand looks excellent with all the different washes and chipping effects, it's the first time seeing it.

Thank you for taking the time to put these side by side pics together. 👌

Concerning the gap. Mine has it, I wasn't sure what to make of it, but it's something I'd like to adjust.

Since the HT's has a cleaner aesthetic, I wonder if any future SW productions may include a plan to use the white Mando bike in a snowy context. It would be cool to see a Snow Trooper Scout? Now that would make for an awesome custom. Personally, I'm just hoping for more Snow Troopers.😉

Last edited:
Yeah nice comparison. I think the difference lies mainly in the fact that Sideshow hand painted all the weathering back in the day, so they did a better job for that dusty look. I'm pretty sure Hot Toys these days uses some machine tampo paint application for quick and repeatable weathering. See Remnant Trooper.

I'd be interested with those that have this HT Speeder, i.e if the weathering is exactly the same as these pictures. In particular the scratches/chipping on the white in front of the control panel. Are they exactly the same ? Anyone able to make that comparison ??

Could of course be a mix of machine and hand painting, but would be interesting to test my theory.

Last edited:
Back