Hot Toys - The Mandalorian - Scout Trooper and Speeder Bike Set + The Child

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
225129229_10165989862590604_7639944241491251916_n.jpg

Very cool pics!
Grogu seems happy ... for now.
Great shots! Just received the standalone Trooper along with IG-11. It'll be fun opening them up this weekend.
@endo1 Woke up to this goodness!!! Incredible shots endo! Mine arrives today!!!
Thanks guys and everyone! 👊😎
This was a fun one to unbox and setup. The bike and base have a nice positive connection, just have to make sure the post is fully seated into the bike. Grogu's smiling portrait is super cute. He's likely up to some mischief. All put together and posed with the Scout, it certainly has a commanding shelf presence. I can imagine how spectacular having two on the shelf would be.

Just a word of caution... The bike is very light and some of the thin body sections that connect to the bottom plate under the rear flaps should have extra care used when press fitting the bag mounts. That goes for manipulating all of the small moving parts.

The bike is well constructed and the controls and articulated joints are tight. It's just important to use extra attention and not apply too much force when posing the scout on the bike or moving the parts and it should be just fine.

Otherwise, there's a lot of posing options to explore if you also have IG-11. I've been enjoying taking the time to try out all possibilites. I'm very satisfied with how this set turned out. And now, looking forward to the ROTJ Scout and Bike!

Hope to see more of your pics when it arrives!

Last edited:
Quick question, when the bike is on the stand, it spins/rotates freely? I'm trying to do a banked pose but the front just rotates and rests on the table top.
I suspect this is happening when banking left?

First make sure the post is fully pushed into mounting point in the bike. It does have to be push in to lock up correctly.

The flexible post can be screwed down quite snug into the base, but if it still swivels and that's not working for you, you might try adding a small piece of plumbers tape to the threads to help the post remain tight and not unscrew.

If you don't have plumbers tape, you might try a small strip of clear plastic wrap from the kitchen. You should only need a small thin section of tape or wrap. Experiement with it to find the perfect amount.

Unfortunately no gun holding hands though, nor a pointing finger that should come standard with all trooper/army building figures.
Knowing the EC-17 has a weird grip, Hot Toys how you not gonna include alternate gripping hands. That’s like 2 cents of plastic.

I mean, I’m not surprised though. They’ve been getting really stingy with hands lately.

I don't have this in hand yet, but I'm curious about replacing the pole for the bike with something clear, like what was used for the Grogu pram.
Anyone know where to source something like that or if it could/would work with the holes in the bike and base?

I got my bike and trooper today, still waiting on my IG-11, no movement so far :(

I don't have this in hand yet, but I'm curious about replacing the pole for the bike with something clear, like what was used for the Grogu pram.
Anyone know where to source something like that or if it could/would work with the holes in the bike and base?
I was thinking of doing that too but the way the pole screws at the base, an acrylic rod will never be as strong for sure if it's unthreaded. That pole is really well made and solid, it actually surprised me.

I was thinking of doing that too but the way the pole screws at the base, an acrylic rod will never be as strong for sure if it's unthreaded. That pole is really well made and solid, it actually surprised me.

I'm happy with the included threaded pole. It being bendable allows for some nice posing options and the threading makes it safe and easy to move around. Huge improvement over the Sideshow on these points.

Question: anyone's foot magnets really weak? I have to say that is the weakness on my kit so far. Amazing figure and vehicle though, trying to get some pictures now but it's bigger than I imagined.

I know there are connection problems but I would love to see someone at least try a clear pole on this bike. Surprised HT didn't provide that option.

The plexi clear pole I used for my customized Sideshow bike looks great - it really looks to be floating but I also have a couple of the HT black bendable/rubber coated poles with stands.

The bendable poles gave some subtlety to the bike's angles but I found a pretty neutral pose with the clear pole was best because it really completed the illusion of the bike floating mid-air.

Question: anyone's foot magnets really weak? I have to say that is the weakness on my kit so far. Amazing figure and vehicle though, trying to get some pictures now but it's bigger than I imagined.
Others have mentioned the magnets are very weak. Hot Toys uses very cheap magnets because they probably don’t like to use them to save cost, most frequently using friction fit whenever possible.

I know there are connection problems but I would love to see someone at least try a clear pole on this bike. Surprised HT didn't provide that option.

The plexi clear pole I used for my customized Sideshow bike looks great - it really looks to be floating but I also have a couple of the HT black bendable/rubber coated poles with stands.

The bendable poles gave some subtlety to the bike's angles but I found a pretty neutral pose with the clear pole was best because it really completed the illusion of the bike floating mid-air.

I plan on giving it a go once I receive my sets, although my expectations have been lowered. From where did you source the pole from?

I replaced the black pole on the Probe Droid to a clear plexiglass pole (from Ebay) and it looks fine but not perfect.

Because it is round, it will capture light from all over the room and not "disappear", so unfortunately doesn't provide the "floating" looking. But its a good option to have.

Back