1/6 Hot Toys - The Falcon & The Winter Soldier - Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why is the price so high? The Civil War version was like $100 less than this lol.
Obligatory ?BACK IN MY DAY?, this is a $250 figure at most. Looks good though, but not at almost the price of a 1/4 .

Where have you been? Wonder Woman Golden Armor Deluxe was $360, so most people predicted this would be $375 or higher. CW may as well be a lifetime ago. :lol

Why is the price so high? The Civil War version was like $100 less than this lol.
Obligatory ?BACK IN MY DAY?, this is a $250 figure at most. Looks good though, but not at almost the price of a 1/4 .

I agree the price is a little high but it's no where near 1/4 scale pricing. PFs these days are all in the high 500s-low 600s now.

I make it no secret that I didn't like the show...but this figure...I might just get it! It's too epic not to!

5646b4c670292eb133e4b7102c409da1.gif

The proto headsculpt looks phenomenal...however given HT's track record I will need to wait for final product images before pulling the trigger. Keep an eye out on details such as the hair texture. If the final product isn't as detailed as what they show here, then I'm out! I hope for HT's sake they don't soften this or pull a Chadwick/Mk 85 bait and switch! :gah:

Keep in mind the figure doesn't even come out until July-Sept of 2022 and that's not counting for any delays. Not sure why people are so eager to place preorders as soon as they go up.

I suppose they could have offered a cheaper version without the wings, but not sure how many would have gone for that.

I thought the WW84 Golden Armor figure offered a Deluxe and Regular with and without wings?

But WW only has the wings for like 2 minutes in one scene whereas the wings are an essential part of the Falcon character.

I make it no secret that I didn't like the show...but this figure...I might just get it! It's too epic not to!

The proto headsculpt looks phenomenal...however given HT's track record I will need to wait for final product images before pulling the trigger. Keep an eye out on details such as the hair texture. If the final product isn't as detailed as what they show here, then I'm out! I hope for HT's sake they don't soften this or pull a Chadwick/Mk 85 bait and switch! :gah:

There's that. I love the wings tho. But I didn't love - and often outright hate - the show, watching a couple of favs get morphed into - whatever.

For me, it's one of those sit and wait things/maybe in time. Wouldn't get as a stand-alone; so there's more $$$$ and some extras to make Bucky a more
interesting fig. So that's ~ $1,000 for a show - for me - that landed like my cat hacking a hairball, for the most part.:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

I agree the price is a little high but it's no where near 1/4 scale pricing. PFs these days are all in the high 500s-low 600s now.

This might be an outlier but the recent 1/4 Queen Studios Wonder Woman statue was over $900.

Initially i was going to pass but then I saw they included a Gal Gadot sculpt in addition to the comic sculpt, plus a couple preorder bonuses.

Keep in mind the figure doesn't even come out until July-Sept of 2022 and that's not counting for any delays. Not sure why people are so eager to place preorders as soon as they go up.

Absolutely...given HT's hit or miss track record there really is NO incentive or reason to preorder this. Look at what just happened with the 1/4 Spidey release...def a downgrade from proto to final.

If you haven't learned by now and you preorder and then you're disappointed by the final product, that's on you!

There's that. I love the wings tho. But I didn't love - and often outright hate - the show, watching a couple of favs get morphed into - whatever.

For me, it's one of those sit and wait things/maybe in time. Wouldn't get as a stand-alone; so there's more $$$$ and some extras to make Bucky a more
interesting fig. So that's ~ $1,000 for a show - for me - that landed like my cat hacking a hairball, for the most part.:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

I agree, it'd be stupid to spend that kinda money on a mediocre show, especially if you don't like it...but occasionally I can be wooed into making a purchase I had no intention on getting if the figure is flawlessly executed. Shuri comes to mind. I laughed when they announced the preorder cause I thought she was such a minor character that her actually getting a figure release was ludicrous...yet when the final product was released I was stunned by how well it turned out.

I think the proto for CapFal looks great, but because I know how HT operates at this point I will wait for the final product before making any decisions.

The last Falcon was actually $140 less than this. No doubt these far more elaborate wings are a big part of it, with the individual blades and hinges when previous versions were basically just two chunks of molded plastic. But that only accounts for part of the price hike: the rest is the Mouse Tax plus Hot Toys’ annual price increases plus a little more tacked on for being a hot property.

Hot Toys - The Falcon & The Winter Soldier - Captain America

Agreed that sometimes it is better to wait instead of suffering buyers remorse.

However, I think for some collectors (such as myself), we prefer to lock in the lower price at smaller retailers (free shipping, no tax) before they quickly sell out.

Unlike Sideshow, the mom and pop shops inventory is limited to whatever SSC dictates - Ahsoka Deluxe got waitlisted within minutes at some shops after preorders went live.

Not saying Falcon/Captain America will be in high demand but using this figure as an example, it would cost only $365 at Timewalker versus $435 at SSC (factoring shipping & CA tax) - that is a substantial $70 difference in net savings.

This figure has NRD but for many, there is no NRD so there little to no risk to preorder Day 1.

Honestly wouldn't mind a karli figure. Would buy it at bargain and display her being decapitated by cap's shield.

Honestly wouldn't mind a karli figure. Would buy it at bargain and display her being decapitated by cap's shield.

And an Isaiah figure that makes you feel guilty - and not for just buying him in the first place. :lol

Season 3? Heck, people may start doing that next week during Star Wars week. :lol

I wonder how much money Sideshow pockets on the NRDs? I have never canceled a PO with them because I'm too cheap to throw away that 10% deposit just because I changed my mind.

I'm not a CapFan so I'm passing on this, but it does look absolutely gorgeous. It'd really be a show stealer in any collection. I'm still a tad dissapointed that we'll never get BuckyCap though. The Alex Ross costume was so damn great I'd have bought it in an instant.

1460638229981.jpg

Ah well, this is great too. I wonder if they'll make any cosmetic changes to the costume for Cap 4, make it closer to the comic look.

Yup if you're even remotely interested in a figure then it's usually best to order right away so you don't miss out on the discounts and free shipping.

Plus it's a Marvel figure, so you won't have any problem reselling it if you change your mind.

And an Isaiah figure that makes you feel guilty - and not for just buying him in the first place. :lol

So I suppose if you were Isiah and had been treated as shabbily as he (and his wife) had you wouldn’t be bitter/pissed???

With this and some prior comments you made, it seems as though Isiah had merely been inconvenienced or something and was going around complaining to everyone who would listen about his coffee taking too long or bad service at a restaurant. Isiah, was used and abused by a country that he loved and fought valiantly for. Also remember Bucky and Sam sought Isiah out, Isiah didn’t go looking for them to tell them his tale of woe and betrayal.

Description says it is a 31? wingspan. A whole lotta people are going to be paying big bucks for a very fancy pair of wings that will have to stay in the box because they have no place to display it. I would no be surprised if he does not fit in a detolf cube with the wings in any other pose than the folded up shield look that hides the entire figure.

He is going on top of my detolf.

Back