Hot Toys The Dark Knight Joker DX/Artisan 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New shots def better. The biggest issue is how poofy it is at the upper back area.

HT at least gave us a different expression, so it's worth having all the options. Doesn't have to be this one or the other action figure tribalism some people are pushing.

Last edited:
It was nice of Viper to train all those factory workers how to do hair implanting so HT can swoop in and pinch them.
:lol

I am glad I held off from Inart Joker now. I still like it, but prefer the sculpt on this one. I do like the dio with Inart, but not enough to pay out that much.

Definite order from me as soon as they pop up.

Might grab a hot toys sculpted tbh. Rooted is a bit iffy and I've got zero chance of getting ahold of it but wouldn't mind the sculpted, it looks better than the rooted. Where as the more i look at the inart the more I'm happy i forked out for the rooted, it's just better

Sculpted looks good and both might turn out better when released but at this point, I'm more than satisfied with the rooted Inart Jokor and I'm just Jokor'd out at this point. There really isn't a big incentive for me to grab any of these even if they made the rooted easier to get. Hot Toys waited too long and showed they only care because they will lose market share.

Sculpted looks good and both might turn out better when released but at this point, I'm more than satisfied with the rooted Inart Jokor and I'm just Jokor'd out at this point. There really isn't a big incentive for me to grab any of these even if they made the rooted easier to get. Hot Toys waited too long and showed they only care because they will lose market share.
100% this, lol. Its a business. HT gotta fight back the threat from a second competitor

100% this, lol. Its a business. HT gotta fight back the threat from a second competitor
Half the reissues, or desired figures we want hot toys only makes when it suits them, or when a new movie is coming out with that figure. They could've released batman 1989 at any time since 2012...but they waited till the flash came out to release it to maximise profits. Money first, figures people want later

Last edited:
The factory InArt uses to root their hair can be booked by any brand, they're just expensive and you'll of course need a production manager on the floor to oversee everything that's what ultimately determines whether or not the hair will turn out good or not, a factory can produce a great product and a bad one at the same time depending on which brands they're working for. People forget how tenacious Hot Toys can be when it comes to competition, this might be a repeat of Enterbay all over again.
Hopefully not. Maybe/hopefully with Queen Studios being the parent company, InArt will have a bit more stabilization and the capacity to compete with HT unlike Enterbay 🤔

These new photos look great! Really great! I love the Hit Me expression here.

I definitely want to add an HT head to my InArt Joker collection.

I wonder just how the HT would look though without his bulky jacket. I think HT may also suffer from a bit of "bobblehead" if you took off that coat.

460656-IMG-2505.jpg

These new photos look great! Really great! I love the Hit Me expression here.

I definitely want to add an HT head to my InArt Joker collection.

I wonder just how the HT would look though without his bulky jacket. I think HT may also suffer from a bit of "bobblehead" if you took off that coat.

View attachment 652185
Would add a sculpted version to my collection if I could get the sculpt on it's own. The rooted still looks like a mess and it's not even the production version yet. The gloved hands also looks poorly done, sculpt wise. Too inflated and overly detailed.

xQ1fekW.png

3MynzWx.png

Would add a sculpted version to my collection if I could get the sculpt on it's own. The rooted still looks like a mess and it's not even the production version yet. The gloved hands also looks poorly done, sculpt wise. Too inflated and overly detailed.

xQ1fekW.png

3MynzWx.png
Inarts glove were really dam good, these not so much. Also i think he just looks better looking foward with eyes looking straight at you, looking up looks kinda goofy imo. This figure is very scene specific, and thats fine

Last edited:
Not sure I can take this seriously from someone who thinks the JND Ledger has a fantastic likeness

:monkey3
😜
🤭

Lol, I mean it has a good likeness and excellent realism, inart has an iffy likeness and looks like a toy ☕

Still a good piece, but the level of cope to still be against hot Toys is funny.

xQ1fekW.png

3MynzWx.png
All this craze about rooted hair and everyone glosses over the fact sculpted hair is only getting better, taking a quick glance at the first picture on my phone could genuinely fool me for a sec, it's not only Hot Toy's best Ledger sculpt to date but also great sculpted hair, they just need to pull the hairline back it will become even better.
dddd.gif

Lol, I mean it has a good likeness and excellent realism, inart has an iffy likeness and looks like a toy ☕

Still a good piece, but the level of cope to still be against hot Toys is funny.
I don't think it looks like a toy, from some angles it looks like a mini human. As of now, i don't get this vibe from the hot toys. Now is it perfect? No. As much as i love the inart figure, the likeness is there but not 100% and not from all angles. Imo no figure has a 100% likeness. Some do, but most don't imo.

I'll use what you said quite a bit in defense of the JND for the InArt and ask "but have you seen one in hand? It has to be experienced in hand to appreciate it and see the likeness" :lol

But, in all seriousness, I look at the InArt on my shelf and definitely don't see a toy and the likeness is dead on Ledger with a serious look. Maybe the sculpted hair looks a bit iffy due to the clumpy nature of the sculpt, but the rooted regular sculpt is amazing.
I'm not against HT by any means. I've already mentioned that I'll be trying to get one of the rooted figures whenever it goes up on Sideshow.

That said, one might also say "the level of cope to still be against INART is funny" --Are you Danoby in disguise? 👀

Last edited:
Back