Hot Toys The Dark Knight Joker DX/Artisan 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think I have room for another (a 3rd) Ledger Joker... but I am awfully tempted to try.

Theoretically, I suppose I could have a Hit Me Joker (HT) and a Grenade Joker (InArt)... and that Jail Joker.

I'm a bit concerned about the swap-out expressions. How is that done without seeing the lines? Will the paint match? I don't think those protos have swap-out capabilities.

All this craze about rooted hair and everyone glosses over the fact sculpted hair is only getting better, taking a quick glance at the first picture on my phone could genuinely fool me for a sec, it's not only Hot Toy's best Ledger sculpt to date but also great sculpted hair, they just need to pull the hairline back it will become even better.
View attachment 652191
Yes it's kind of funny how opposite it is to INART but when you think about it, it makes perfect sense.

With INART, you have a new company that's comprised of custom artists. People who have specialized in rooted hair so naturally they're doing it better. Where's you have Hot Toys here, who has been sculpting hair for almost 20 years now, getting the sculpted hair portion of Joker better than INART.

The beauty in this competition is that naturally and hopefully, both companies will continue to improve in the areas that they have shortcomings on.

I don't think I have room for another (a 3rd) Ledger Joker... but I am awfully tempted to try.

Theoretically, I suppose I could have a Hit Me Joker (HT) and a Grenade Joker (InArt)... and that Jail Joker.

I'm a bit concerned about the swap-out expressions. How is that done without seeing the lines? Will the paint match? I don't think those protos have swap-out capabilities.
Same...i waited a very long time to get ledger joker in the collection, and I love this character and movie enough to go for a 3rd one, fat chance of ever getting the rooted so I'll grab the sculpted. Still think it looks better than the rooted anyway so imo not missing much. Plus my collection is small enough where ik i could fit another joker and still have some space left for the...4 other figures i want lol.

I'll use what you said quite a bit in defense of the JND for the InArt and ask "but have you seen one in hand? It has to be experienced in hand to appreciate it and see the likeness" :lol

But, in all seriousness, I look at the InArt on my shelf and definitely don't see a toy and the likeness is dead on Ledger with a serious look. Maybe the sculpted hair looks a bit iffy due to the clumpiness of the sculpted hair, but the rooted regular sculpt is amazing.

I'm not against HT by any means. I've already mentioned that I'll be trying to get one of the rooted figures whenever it goes up on Sideshow.

That said, one might also say "the level of cope to still be against INART is funny" --Are you Danoby? 👀

You're not allowed to use my words against me, that's not fair! 😅

Disclaimer for everyone who thinks I hate Inart: I love inart, cancelled my HT Batman to get inarts, got two Aragorns on order and Gandalf. I had Joker on order but cancelled because both portraits I think are lacking. I know very much so how a lot of photos can do real injustice to a portrait, but for the most part, even the better photos don't look good enough for me in terms of realism and likeness to have kept it, among other reasons.

Also I've been ragging on Hot Toys recently, sold all but two of them, they've been putting out crap.

In saying that the amount of ragging on this particular piece is funny, I'm not even favouring Hot Toys.

Anyway, play arts Kai did the best Jokor already.

Would add a sculpted version to my collection if I could get the sculpt on it's own. The rooted still looks like a mess and it's not even the production version yet. The gloved hands also looks poorly done, sculpt wise. Too inflated and overly detailed.

xQ1fekW.png

3MynzWx.png

That's the best sculpted hair I've seen on a Ledger Joker so far.

Half the reissues, or desired figures we want hot toys only makes when it suits them, or when a new movie is coming out with that figure. They could've released batman 1989 at any time since 2012...but they waited till the flash came out to release it to maximise profits. Money first, figures people want later
Now youre thinking like a businessman

Not really but to each their own of course. :dunno

Id0cfQ5.png

SleepyDimCoyote-max-1mb.gif

Holy hot damn that’s an effin phenomenal pic of IA’s Joker.

This comparison is exactly what we needed.

Every figure we own NEEDS patience, time and effort to make them look good. And if that TLC can make a decent figure shine, imagine what that level of TLC can do for a figure like IA’s Joker.

I'm just going to go ahead and get this and start kit bashing with InArt to get my preferred look. Between both figures there's everything I need. My favorite head so far is the Hot Toys sculpted hair version. But that's just my own personal preference. Trying to capture likeness, hair, makeup, etc on him is like hitting a constantly moving target, given how much his look changed scene to scene, moment to moment.

Any word on the price and preorder date ?
No PO date but HK prices are the following for the two:

Rooted: HK $433
Sculpted: HK $300

Factor in the 25-30% Sideshow mark up and you're looking at:

Rooted: $560 (Roughly $600 after tax + shipping)
Sculpted: $390 (Roughly $430 after tax + shipping)

Last edited:
Sideshow must realize they have to keep the sculpted Joker below $400...

So their price will be $399. :lol

Rooted, that's anyone's guess, but its gonna be well more than $500.

Back