Hot Toys The Dark Knight Joker DX/Artisan 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The InArt came out at a bad time for me but to be honest I think this one looks plenty good enough provided there isn't a massive downgrade at production. If I can afford it when the time comes I'll get the sculpted hair version.

What makes you guys think Hot Toys rooted will be good?

I'm actively assuming it'll be iffy.

Also some of you are acting like you’re going to get this tomorrow. They still have a huge back log they gotta get through. Robocop 3, Tobey Spider-Man, both Dafoe Goblins, etc. etc.

Days of Future Past 70s Logan is another one I've got on my list of considerations. Tom Holland's ''final suit'' Spiderman, another.

No one can outproduce Hot Toys, they have all the manpower and best factories, InArt's Joker sold well but it still can't match the insanely high HT numbers. These "Artisan" figures are limited for some other reason.
While I don't doubt that they can outproduce anyone in nearly all aspects, the rooting to this higher quality is new to them compared to what they've done before with the synthetic punched hair in a cap piece. I mean, unless it was just BS, InArt had to hire/train ppl to do the rooting and I image HT has to do the same. I doubt the factory workers just know how to do the hair rooting. I know you're in the industry so you know better than I do. But, based on the little info we have, it doesn't seem like you can just tell ppl to start rooting hair and they all of a sudden will know how to do it properly without some level of training. When before you had factory workers just assembling the figures, now you need part of that team to also root the hair unless they've made a machine that will do it for them much like the painting techniques?

While I don't doubt that they can outproduce anyone in nearly all aspects, the rooting to this higher quality is new to them compared to what they've done before with the synthetic punched hair in a cap piece. I mean, unless it was just BS, InArt had to hire/train ppl to do the rooting and I image HT has to do the same. I doubt the factory workers just know how to do the hair rooting. I know you're in the industry so you know better than I do. But, based on the little info we have, it doesn't seem like you can just tell ppl to start rooting hair and they all of a sudden will know how to do it properly without some level of training. When before you had factory workers just assembling the figures, now you need part of that team to also root the hair unless they've made a machine that will do it for them much like the painting techniques?
Probably exactly why this figure won't release until 2025 at the earliest. :lol

My GUESS as to why HT made this a numbered limited release was to cut down on production time. They know InArt got all their Jokers out in 14 months and they can't keep this in production for 2-3 years if they were to get 20,000 orders. With 3,000 they should be able to get out in the time frame they announce.

Before anyone says but everyone doesn't have their InArt Joker in hand, that includes me, if you don't have it yet it's because who you purchased from. It's either traveling on a boat (SpecFiction) or the company is trying to find the stock to cover your order **cough**cough** Toys Wonderland.

I may try to pick up the rooted HT version since I only got the Standard. If I can't land that, maybe still get HT sculpted. There are aspects of each that I like better than the other

It’s obviously going to come down to what looks best to you as a collector of course but for now I’m lovin’ me some HT Joker. 😁

View attachment 651854

I remember the dark days of V1…the horror. Then came the DX01…better. Then the DX11…again, better, sort of. Then InArt…wow! Then HT Artisan… yet to be determined when released but for now…WOW!

I’ve owned them all. May as well continue the tradition.

Memory lane.

View attachment 651852
View attachment 651851

Ooft, the comparison picture of inart vs hot Toys really highlights the lack of likeness in the inart one, seriously looks like a toy, the hot Toys looks like heath, maybe it's the lack of expression and the eyes really killing it.

Either way glad both don't look like that original hot Toys 😂

Ooft, the comparison picture of inart vs hot Toys really highlights the lack of likeness in the inart one, seriously looks like a toy, the hot Toys looks like heath, maybe it's the lack of expression and the eyes really killing it.

Either way glad both don't look like that original hot Toys 😂
Not sure I can take this seriously from someone who thinks the JND Ledger has a fantastic likeness

:monkey3
😜
🤭

Last edited:
1690420499075.png
🤭 🤭

Last edited:
Sideshow also didn't share their post for both Anakin and the Rooted Joker on their FB page. They only shared the sculpted Joker, Suit Up IM and Black Suit Spidey. It's gonna be so bad when both this and Anakin go up for preorder for those who actually want it for their collection.

Get ready for those Ebay listings selling it for $800+.
Happy to stick with my light side anakin. I keep him with the hood on anyway and he looks really great as he is. Not losing sleep over this and Im not confident they will keep up the quality of that hair

After getting the InArts Joker, I don't think I can go back to a sculpted hair Ledger Joker.

Having said that, I don't think the rooted hair looks great on the HT prototype, but I do like the head sculpt with the teeth.

Still, HT should have included two head sculpts, instead of a Joker with a tongue and dentures. :LOL:

EpdSws3.gif

I know it's a low res photo but damn do those pants look funny there. :lol Looking like purple fuzzy sweat pants.

Back