Hot Toys - The Dark Knight - 1/6th BATMAN (New Costume)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the end of October.

Thats what I still can't get over. Toys2.net a Canadian based company getting it before ActionHQ based in Hong Kong. ActionHQ is near the source. That is quite messed up for a company further away to get theirs before ActionHQ.

i was hoping they would sell individual parts just in case like they did with the BB version

not to change the subject too much, but does anyone know a place their selling bank robber joker pieces?? I really want the gun and grenades for my regular joker...

not to change the subject too much, but does anyone know a place their selling bank robber joker pieces?? I really want the gun and grenades for my regular joker...

Once the figure is actually out you can probably find them on ebay.

o yea, when does that come out?? I totally forgot its not even out...

if you guys succeed at widening the head post pics and explain please.

Hmm, wonder what Tin packed the cowl with, seems to work well.

Not digging those pics above either, hopefully just bad use of a flash camera!

I'm sure its just the lighting etc.

We're seeing different sorts of pictures here, really beautiful shots and some not so.

I for one, am not good at photography. I bow down to those with the skills and patience :D RESPECT!

lol.. let's see, who's word is more credible on this subject: YOU on a message board or CHRISTIAN BALE HIMSELF.
I didn't say anything that technically disagreed with you. Yes, Christian Bale didn't pack on as much muscle / weight BEFORE filming as he did for BEGINS.

What I'm trying to explain to you ... yet you're too stubborn to listen to is the fact that Bale himself wasn't the same weight through the filming of BEGINS.

He was much heavier early on in filming, and it was a process of him slimming down through out filming.

So yes, from a preperation perspective Christian Bale didn't add nearly as much weight and muscle. He also admittedly went way overboard in order to compensate from the transition from the Machinist to Batman.

But for a majority of the scenes by the time Bale was in the Bat-suit in BEGINS, he was the same weight and size he was for The Dark Knight. He didn't actually lose weight for The Dark Knight. He just didn't get so fat and humongous as he did in preperation for Batman Begins.

The suit was so hot, and he filmed outside in the middle of a humid summer ... he lost alot of weight. Not to mention the staff heads for the film said he was way too big to start filming anyways. If you notice, in the shirtless scenes from the time he's training w/ the league of shadows, he's alot larger than he is in the scenes where he does the pushups in Wayne Manor.

Filming a movie, they don't always film in chronological order. The scenes where Bale was largest in the bat-suit are obvious because of the fact he was so large, the tight rubber cowl pushed a second chin out. You can see it in the scene with Gordon in the Narrows, etc. Those scenes filmed in England were shot first, when Bale was still at his biggest. Then when they moved to the states to film the majority of the film, he lost alot of weight.

So, in short ... Bale's weight in The Dark Knight, is actually very similar to his weight / physique as it was for the MAJORITY of Batman Begins, and more specifically the scenes when he was in the Bat-suit. Not as big as Bale got to start filming for BEGINS, of course not. But by the end of BEGINS, he was the same size as he was for TDK.

On Superherherohype someone posted a screen cap of the scene in TDK when Bale is changing shirts, where we see his scars, and compared it to the scene in BEGINS when he does the pushups. And he is clearly the exact same size.

I see that it's not a perfect replication of Bale in costume, I actually like that about the figure
Wow, you sound like an apologist here. You rather NOT have the most accurate representation of a character? You wouldn't want it to look perfect? Like your defense over the HT v1 Joker? C'mon man ...

MaulFan said:
but you totally misunderstand what I'm saying.
Maybe you're not conveying it well enough than, where it would be understandable.

MaulFan said:
I'm just offering another point of view. Hot Toys is a product maker, they have a style to their products and their body of work has a feel to it, I don't know how to articulate it, but what I'm driving at is that within Hot Toys style of figure production, I genuinely feel this Batman came out the best it could given their style and means of making figures. That's why I said, it is then up to the consumer to either be happy with it and get it, or not and get something else or nothing at all.
Would you have said the same about v1 Joker, before seeing the vastly improved Bank Robber version?

I understand and agree with what MaulFan is saying. I think the figure not only looks great but is accurate as well. The nitpicking has been ridiculous over this one.

No one is nitpicking. They are understandable and justifiable issues. The character in that suit shouldn't look that big, and goofy. This would be the same complaint all of you would have with say ... a DC Direct TDK Batman. Why is it forgivable here?

Nitpicking would be pointing out how they got the size and shape of the chest symbol all wrong.

No one is nitpicking. They are understandable and justifiable issues. The character in that suit shouldn't look that big, and goofy. This would be the same complaint all of you would have with say ... a DC Direct TDK Batman. Why is it forgivable here?

Nitpicking would be pointing out how they got the size and shape of the chest symbol all wrong.

Depends on how you look at it I guess. I've seen some pics where he looks a little big but I've seen a lot of pics where he looks absolutely fine. What does your figure look like in hand to you?

They are not?

What has this discussion been lately?

nitpicking |ˈnitˌpiki ng | informal
adjective
looking for small or unimportant errors or faults, esp. in order to criticize unnecessarily : a nitpicking legalistic exercise.
noun
such fault-finding : nitpicking over tiny details.

Depends on how you look at it I guess. I've seen some pics where he looks a little big but I've seen a lot of pics where he looks absolutely fine. What does your figure look like in hand to you?

It doesn't make a difference what mine looks like ... the figure standing next to the HT Begins figure makes it look way too big. That was my first comment on the 1st true picture of the finished product. How did he go from looking so good, to being so chubby and bulky. Especially considering TDK suit is the more refined, sleeker suit.

They are not?

What has this discussion been lately?

Nitpicking is as I explained, a small detail like the inaccurate chest symbol on the HT TDK Batman.

The overall look of the figure being entirely too large is not a "nitpick" kind of situation.

So much so that someone who already got the figure noticed it, and dremmeled away plastic in order to get the more accurate look.

Everything is great about the figure apart from it's size and shape. The chest symbol is a minor thing, because in essence it gets the image of what was on film, but if I were truly nitpicking, I could harp on that all day.

It doesn't make a difference what mine looks like ... the figure standing next to the HT Begins figure makes it look way too big. That was my first comment on the 1st true picture of the finished product. How did he go from looking so good, to being so chubby and bulky. Especially considering TDK suit is the more refined, sleeker suit.

Actually it does. That was my point. The in hand product may look just fine and I was wondering if you thought the one you got looked too bulky.

"The Mike" you started this at one time awesome thread, do you think you can edit it, change the title to "Hot Toys - The Dark Knight - 1/6th BATMAN (ALL WHINNER & COMPLAINER) (New Costume) thread.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back