Hot Toys - The Dark Knight - 1/6th BATMAN (New Costume)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
new one fro mthe guy who put the paper in the armor to enhance the look.

20081004031710687.jpg.jpg

He put the cape under the shoulder armor. Damn good idea.

Also, I WANT MINE. :(

hot toys needs to make a skinny body type be the standard anyways there old body looked to much like batman the animated series anyways. Its way way to dynamic to fit pretty much anyone and if u are wanting to do realism you need a body thats more realistic to start with

https://www.zaldiva.com/images/STATUES/BATMAN/batman_animated_maquette_pic3.jpg

Hot Toys have already developed 3 or so existing bodies to fit a myriad of character types. Developing more would only ratchet up production costs.

Their current bodies work well for non-rubber suit characters, i.e. the Prison Break line.

And of course you're going to be defensive over a piece you pre-purchased. Right?

You don't admit it's a glaring flaw when the smaller, tighter suit like The Dark Knight costume is as puffy and physically overbearing as the Batman Begins suit which purpose was to be more physically intimidating as opposed to being built for speed and effeciency.

What does that have to do with anything? They gave it their all so flaws are excused?

I see that it's not a perfect replication of Bale in costume, I actually like that about the figure, but you totally misunderstand what I'm saying.

I'm just offering another point of view. Hot Toys is a product maker, they have a style to their products and their body of work has a feel to it, I don't know how to articulate it, but what I'm driving at is that within Hot Toys style of figure production, I genuinely feel this Batman came out the best it could given their style and means of making figures. That's why I said, it is then up to the consumer to either be happy with it and get it, or not and get something else or nothing at all.

Hot Toys have already developed 3 or so existing bodies to fit a myriad of character types. Developing more would only ratchet up production costs.

Their current bodies work well for non-rubber suit characters, i.e. the Prison Break line.

yeah well instead of using the one for arnold they should have used the smaller one.However all of there detail work is amazing and spot on
the head is great the costume detail is great. However the body makes Bale look like he has 24 inch pythons and can smell what the Rock is cooking

yeah well instead of using the one for arnold they should have used the smaller one.However all of there detail work is amazing and spot on
the head is great the costume detail is great. However the body makes Bale look like he has 24 inch pythons and can smell what the Rock is cooking

The one for arnold? Have you seen the muscle body they used for the Dutch figure (from Predator 1)? It's huge and nothing like the TDK body. The TDK body is just the regular TruType with less shoulder width:

tdkbody.jpg

It might've been interesting to see what the figure would have looked like with the new Slim body though.

Just putting it out there, are folks ok with posting images the size of the ones pjam quoted above?

My images are always like 4 times the size of what I post here and I shrink them a lot to make loading easier on folks but more and more I see people posting images with max sizes of 900-1000, I usually post 700-800, but if people are ok with the bigger sizes I'll post higher resolution, shows the quality better.

Personally, they're taking a long time to load and since I'm usually doing a bunch of other stuff it can slow things down a lot. But then again I'm in a small country right now and my so-called broadband connection moves at a snail's pace at the best of times. I'm sure things will speed up a bit when I get back down to Sydney (although Australia's net access and speeds are still waaay behind the US and UK)

my BB fig doesn't attract much dust...but the Takara fig did and was almost impossible to get it off. :(

The BB HT boots have that same sticky rubber material as the Takara. Well it's not sticky but it's extremely grippy for dust to cling.

does that fall under Joker's purple coat not being purple enough too?

No, when it comes to the Joker figure, I feel some flaws in it are just sloppy work, much like Jack Sparrow having the wrong coat color. HT does make mistakes, but knowing their product style and base body, I think this Batman is all it can be in those conditions, with the exception of a few small details regarding the cowl sculpt, and of course the Wayne head still isn't the best Bale out there.

The one for arnold? Have you seen the muscle body they used for the Dutch figure (from Predator 1)? It's huge and nothing like the TDK body. The TDK body is just the regular TruType with less shoulder width:

tdkbody.jpg

It might've been interesting to see what the figure would have looked like with the new Slim body though.

That photo makes me hope we've seen the end of the old TT body used on their figures and that the new one will become standard, better anatomical shape to the shoulder, an ugly point on all of their figures since they implemented the new TTs.

I agree. You can get away with the wide shoulders on some figures but for most of them they'd look better with the newer version.

I agree. You can get away with the wide shoulders on some figures but for most of them they'd look better with the newer version.

Rambo M65 and Jack Sparrow are 2 that immediately come to mind. I hope they at least sell the TDK body like the other TT's, I'd like to replace some.

Rambo M65 and Jack Sparrow are 2 that immediately come to mind. I hope they at least sell the TDK body like the other TT's, I'd like to replace some.

How do you think that would go with their costumes - The Joker for instance has his shirt tailored very well to the existing shoulders.

(Not trying to create an argument, am genuinely interested in whether people think it work to change out bodies.)

I'm just offering another point of view. Hot Toys is a product maker, they have a style to their products and their body of work has a feel to it, I don't know how to articulate it, but what I'm driving at is that within Hot Toys style of figure production, I genuinely feel this Batman came out the best it could given their style and means of making figures. That's why I said, it is then up to the consumer to either be happy with it and get it, or not and get something else or nothing at all.

I think you mean it's the little flaws that make it unique and perfect.

The one for arnold? Have you seen the muscle body they used for the Dutch figure (from Predator 1)? It's huge and nothing like the TDK body.

Here's the link (here). That actually blows. The muscle suit looks "cool" but you really lose key posability options with it. Even with the new shoulder joints, it'll still be hard to work the elbows.

How do you think that would go with their costumes - The Joker for instance has his shirt tailored very well to the existing shoulders.

(Not trying to create an argument, am genuinely interested in whether people think it work to change out bodies.)

Well, with Joker, I'm not sure with the outfit being so layered and tight, worth a look though, but with Rambo and Sparrow as I mentioned, the clothes should just flow from the neck down to the arms more naturally and not make Sparrow especially look like he's Mr. Olympia or something. Joker actually looks ok with the regular TT shoulders, Heath actually had squared off shoulders for the part.

Jack especially would benefit with the new body. Joker looks fine with his coats on but I think he'd look much better in just his shirt if he had the new body.

Ummm .... No, he didn't ... he was significantly smaller than how massive he was at THE START of filming for Batman Begins, but that's it. Bale himself wasn't the same size all through out the filming of Batman Begins. He lost alot of weight during filming for a multitude of reasons.

Technically yeah he was smaller than he was in BEGINS, but most of the scenes he actually filmed in the bat-suit late in filming, that size he was is the same size he was at the start of TDK, and by the end of TDK filming.

He was continuing to lose weight all throught out filming till they got him down to the weight they wanted him to be at.

In most of the exterior scenes filmed in BEGINS when he was still losing weight, sweating his ass off in humid Chicago summer in a tight rubber suit, he lost alot of weight.

Having met him twice during both filming sessions, he was the same size physically in TDK as he was by the end of Batman Begins. He didn't lose alot of weight.

lol.. let's see, who's word is more credible on this subject: YOU on a message board or CHRISTIAN BALE HIMSELF.

:rolleyes:

This isn't my opinion/theory/etc. Just a Freak.. Christian Bale said himself that he didn't pack on as much muscle for TDK (because of the theme of the new suit which we both seem to agree on). He said so. He himself said he was not as physically big as he was in Batman Begins. Check the links in my original post. There's 2 interviews he did. That's the end of the debate. I'm sorry.. you and everyone else can try your hardest to argue but it's completely irrelevant because you're trying to argue ABOUT a person WITH the person themselves. You telling me YOU know more about Christian Bale than he knows about himself!? lmao.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back