Hot Toys - The Dark Knight - 1/6th BATMAN (New Costume)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh, so the Hot Toys body has some size to it and Batman looks like a man. Live with it. Figure looks damn good for replicating that suit as well as they did.

Could be like Medicom where everyone looks all skinny. Daddy Indy Jones looks like he weighs 155 pounds.

Actually it does. That was my point. The in hand product may look just fine and I was wondering if you thought the one you got looked too bulky.

Why does it matter? The slew of pictures show the figure is too bulky. So yes, it look too bulky.

Exactly! This thread has become RIDICULOUS! Every day I see there are a few new pages and expect to see new pics, (even though we now have a dedicated thread), but instead it is just endless bickering between people who have complaints/inaccuracy issues and people who cannot/will not except that.

FACT is: there are some INCREDIBLY minor issues with accuracy on this figure and some find him a little bulky, (I will wait until in hand - hopefully Monday please!), HOWEVER it is as near perfect to a TDK Batman in 1/6 scale we will get I believe. If some people want to mod it, that's up to them. I find some of the mods great, however I won't be risking an expensive figure like this, apart from perhaps the neck mod - it works a treat.

A great figure, a great film, a great company. Thanks Hot Toys.

Nitpicking is as I explained, a small detail like the inaccurate chest symbol on the HT TDK Batman.

I can't see anything wrong with it. Perhaps it's because I'm not going around over analyzing everything on it. Or out with rulers and measuring tape.

1.jpg

Everything is great about the figure apart from it's size and shape.

LoL! what else is left if everything is great apart from the size and shape. The size and shape is the figure! Thats exactly like saying it's great but it sucks. ¬_¬

The chest symbol is a minor thing, because in essence it gets the image of what was on film, but if I were truly nitpicking, I could harp on that all day.

God, is there anything you don't whine about. Congrats however, you've just made it onto my ignore list. ;)

Why buy it if all you're going to do is beotch about it. It seems nothing will ever please you. Ever.

Last edited:
"The Mike" you started this at one time awesome thread, do you think you can edit it, change the title to "Hot Toys - The Dark Knight - 1/6th BATMAN (ALL WHINNER & COMPLAINER) (New Costume) thread.

Thanks!

No need to, ive already made a thread strictly for whiners. its https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42505 kinda a dumb name but its the point that its gotten so bad in here that i felt obligated to make a thread for people to complain in...

well all you little complainers have two options:

1.) Make your own figure that is "perfect"

2.) Don't buy it

I dont see why anyone would waste $150+ on something they didn't feel satisfied with, save that money and use it somewhere useful

The size is a non issue for me as I think it looks better than Bale actually looked in the new suit. Too skinny where in my minds eye, Batman should be larger than life, intimidating. I wasn't going to get this version as I'm 100 % satisfied with the Begins version, but after seeing the final images of it, it looks better than I could have imagined. They improved with almost every gripe I had about the new suit and managed to bring the menace back to Batman.

As far as the chest symbol is concerned and it being inaccurate...:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

The bickering on these boards is amazing! It's funny how just 5 years ago, movie collectors would've sold a kidney to own one of these because the workmanship and detail was rarely seen other than Sideshow. Now no matter how perfect a 1:6 scale representation someone isn't gonna be happy. If you don't think it's a decent figure because of an extra seam stitch on the glove on the left pinky finger then don't buy it. That's it.....it's that simple. If you don't like it don't get it....but please don't try to justify the reason YOU hate the figure to everyone else when 99% of the rest of the people can't wait to get it in their hands. It's like what I tell my students in karate, if the rest of the room is doing the same thing and you're not, chances are you're not correct.

I still can't get over the detail on that shot. It's just immense!

TDK6.jpg

Omg, these photos are going to make me buy this bad boy. I swore original costume only, but this new one is looking totally kickass as well.

Thanks alot, guys. :gun

Yeah that photo is nice, even if the figure is still a bit too...woops, I almost nit-picked! I better watch what I say or the HT defense force will jump all over me with their pitchforks! Or starting crying because of dissenting opinions. And they call the nit-pickers whiners.

It's almost as if it's Batman that needs defending and not the other way around.

Yeah that photo is nice, even if the figure is still a bit too...woops, I almost nit-picked! I better watch what I say or the HT defense force will jump all over me with their pitchforks! Or starting crying because of dissenting opinions. And they call the nit-pickers whiners.

It's almost as if it's Batman that needs defending and not the other way around.

quit being a jacka$$...youre one of the reasons that arguements keep getting brought up

Hey, you're the one picking the fight and name-calling. Calm down.

Anyway, I don't know if filling out the cowl with material line Tin did will really be necessary. If anything, I think Tin went a bit too far with the padding - the head's a bit too wide.

In this photo I think the cowl is unaltered, and it looks fine that way:
20081002105659849.jpg.jpg

Ok i got the solution for everyone.
Everyone who thinks good enough is good enough you should go to Toys R Us right now and buy the 14 inch Mattel Batman tdk figure its good enough. Hell it even comes with a "action cape"just like seen in the Hong Kong sequence of the Dark Knight and you will save yourself 150 plus dollars.:chew:banana

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2919649

And for those of us who want the perfect Batman tdk fig we should wait till Hot Toys does the redo with the light up eyes.

"In my opinion this is the only guy so far that we are getting that can compete with Iron Man."
what do you mean? im just curious

So how did that guy Widen the head? I see the pic, but i dont understand what he did?
If it's simple (as it seems) It will be the only mod i attempt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back