Hot Toys - The Dark Knight - 1/6th BATMAN (New Costume)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the new shoulders would help the collar issue with the Jokers shirt. Just seems with the wide shoulders, the collar wants to open up more than it should, and with the tie being so tight, it wants to ride up the neck. I fixed mine with Topstick, but I think it would help to have the smaller shoulders.

:D
lol.. let's see, who's word is more credible on this subject: YOU on a message board or CHRISTIAN BALE HIMSELF.

:rolleyes:

This isn't my opinion/theory/etc. Just a Freak.. Christian Bale said himself that he didn't pack on as much muscle for TDK (because of the theme of the new suit which we both seem to agree on). He said so. He himself said he was not as physically big as he was in Batman Begins. Check the links in my original post. There's 2 interviews he did. That's the end of the debate. I'm sorry.. you and everyone else can try your hardest to argue but it's completely irrelevant because you're trying to argue ABOUT a person WITH the person themselves. You telling me YOU know more about Christian Bale than he knows about himself!? lmao.

Who is Bale to talk about Bale?!

Well, with Joker, I'm not sure with the outfit being so layered and tight, worth a look though, but with Rambo and Sparrow as I mentioned, the clothes should just flow from the neck down to the arms more naturally and not make Sparrow especially look like he's Mr. Olympia or something. Joker actually looks ok with the regular TT shoulders, Heath actually had squared off shoulders for the part.

Fair enough - I don't have Sparrow or Rambo so was just assuming similar tailoring in terms of accommodating the wide shoulders. You know what they say though, assumption is the mother of all ^^^^^*-ups.

For you BBTS preorder people, checked their site tonight and my preorder, which I ordered June 26, was moved to 4th quarter. Presume Nov/Dec. I cancelled mine as I'm getting one of Joe's extras:rock:rock:

No way I'm waiting until then.

Fair enough - I don't have Sparrow or Rambo so was just assuming similar tailoring in terms of accommodating the wide shoulders. You know what they say though, assumption is the mother of all ^^^^^*-ups.

Well I'm sure they're tailored to that body, but the material quality of their costumes and the less layers would form over a different body just as well. And as was point out, the new shoulders would make interrogation dressed Joker look better.

the new shoulders would make interrogation dressed Joker look better.

I'm not so sure about that - the material is not particularly soft/flowing, and the seams are really quite well tailored to those shoulders. Guess we won't know until someone who mods their TDK Batman throws the Joker costume on it first to see how it would look (or unless the BR version comes with the new shoulders). Regardless, this is a Batman suit thread - sorry to have derailed!

I think at this point, positive derailment is more welcome than an on topic cluster^^^^.

Tin, who had those great pics before, shows how he widened the head a bit, I think...
TDKM.jpg

TDK5.jpg

TDK7.jpg

Last edited:
Hmm, wonder what Tin packed the cowl with, seems to work well.

Not digging those pics above either, hopefully just bad use of a flash camera!

I remember Tin's Robocop pictures, they had plenty of people saying they were photoshopped, he really takes a great photo.

I've got myself a separate TDK head and I'll be trying the neck mod and making the cowl a bit wider.

I remember Tin's Robocop pictures, they had plenty of people saying they were photoshopped, he really takes a great photo.

I've got myself a separate TDK head and I'll be trying the neck mod and making the cowl a bit wider.

Heh, that's exactly what I'm doing to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back