Hot Toys - The Dark Knight - 1/6th BATMAN (New Costume)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not when they cost $150+ dollars. If you're paying that much they should be as accurate as possible.

You mad, cause I pointed out a flaw?

Im paying for quality...not accuracy. Unless its so off base its sickning. It has to be close enough. Not "Oh the cowl isnt off base on the side with the scruff mark!111".

TDK4.jpg

Oh man i love this pic,cant wait to see more pics from you guys when its in hand.

Not when they cost $150+ dollars. If you're paying that much they should be as accurate as possible.

And considering what the piece is, I feel they've done it. Every fix that's been demonstrated on this figure basically ammounts to the base body being a flaw. However, many figures are only so accurrate because of companies using standard bodies over their product line, it's just not cost effective to make new ones for each scenario. They made it look better making a simple mod to their body which should be applied for all of their figures anyway, but they're not going to go nuts reshaping the anatomy to better capture Bale's shape in the suit. They're going to make the figure look the best it can around their base body and they have, I'd say it's the best TDK suit figure HT can make with their TrueType body, big success for them. That the neck articulation isn't as much as some feel it should be for this particular figure is shame, but it doesn't change that with their base figure design, this thing gets the best you can from it. So at that point, it's all left to the consumer whether you like what you see or not, but as far as their efforts as the manufacturer, they've done their best.

What do you mean? Example of what? Of the people who don't agree with you? Well, an example would be any person who you try to convince that the HT TDK figure is the most beautiful thing in 1/6 scale in a long time. I'm not going to fish out this 200+ page thread just to find one.

"hacking up a figure"? You had that in quotes. Where was the original post in which I said that?

You didn't read the bold text in my quote of your statement. You stated that you, among others, "don't agree" that this is potentially the best 1:6 scale action figure released. I asked for an example. In lamen's terms, "If this isn't, what is?"

My comment regarding the "hacking" is that another member called the modifications "hacking" and you jumped all over his case for stating his opinion. YET IRONICALLY, were stating that everyone should be cool with everyone else's opinions. All you've shown is that you don't like it when someone questions your actions as well. :winkpumpk

You didn't read the bold text in my quote of your statement. You stated that you, among others, "don't agree" that this is potentially the best 1:6 scale action figure released. I asked for an example. In lamen's terms, "If this isn't, what is?"

My comment regarding the "hacking" is that another member called the modifications "hacking" and you jumped all over his case for stating his opinion. YET IRONICALLY, were stating that everyone should be cool with everyone else's opinions. All you've shown is that you don't like it when someone questions your actions as well. :winkpumpk

You want to actually provide an example of a figure that's better or more accurate than this TDK figure? How about the Batman Begins Original suit figure? I think HT nailed that one. That's my angle on it.

I "jumped all over his case"? Hardly. So because I quoted his words (which were already dripping with disdain) in order to fashion my reasonable comparison to figure painting, THAT's jumping all over his case? Sure, if you think so. But that's hardly similar to those who claim that the act of modding or altering the figure in any way whatsoever is "ruining it" or "^^^^ing it up" (your words, remember?) -- that sounds much worse, no?

Look, I don't even have the figure in my hands, and I assume you don't either. Say what you want, but I'm letting this pass. There are people who are posting some great photos, I don't want to spoil that.

can someone create a thread that's just about this figure and not about people fighting over whether or not other people are right or wrong about its accuracy or their choice to mod it or not? this is getting real old. If you think its great, great, if you think it sucks, don't buy it. If you love it but want to mod it, sweet let us see how it turns out. If you think people are stupid for doing so, who cares, it's not yours.

batmancrouchHT.jpg

That's a great photo. He tried matching the pose of this production photo and he matched it almost exactly. I actually like the figure's pose a bit more.

You want to actually provide an example of a figure that's better or more accurate than this TDK figure? How about the Batman Begins Original suit figure? I think HT nailed that one. That's my angle on it.

I'm gonna have to disagree. Owning both, I'd have to say Takara's BB Batman was better than HotToys BB version. Not by much mind you, but it was still better. This one before the refinements, no, however, after all the changes they've made looks to easily blow away Takara's version.

can someone create a thread that's just about this figure and not about people fighting over whether or not other people are right or wrong about its accuracy or their choice to mod it or not? this is getting real old. If you think its great, great, if you think it sucks, don't buy it. If you love it but want to mod it, sweet let us see how it turns out. If you think people are stupid for doing so, who cares, it's not yours.
you took the words right out of my mouth...or hands?keys? nm...anyways, TO ALL THAT CONTINUE TO FIGHT OVER DUMB S***, PLEASE MAKE YOUR OWN THREAD. i want to see photos of this sweet figure customed or not and that is the reason why i check this thread everyday. Not to see you guys b****in' your a**es off because you cant have it your way. so ^^^^^* off! seriously go! walk away with your thumbs up your a$$....
ok now whos got some pics???

I'm gonna have to disagree. Owning both, I'd have to say Takara's BB Batman was better than HotToys BB version. Not by much mind you, but it was still better. This one before the refinements, no, however, after all the changes they've made looks to easily blow away Takara's version.

I was talking about HT's new BB figure, the one called the "Original Suit" Batman. The one with all the refinements...

Hey, you live in Marina, Ca? How's the weather? I lived there not too long ago. Went to Seaside High.

Im paying for quality...not accuracy.
Those go hand in hand, though. The product is trying to replicate a specific look of a character from a movie. That's the draw of the figure. If you just wanted a quality figure that wasn't accurate, go for a generic Batman. But this isn't that ... this is Christian Bale and how he looked as Batman specifically in a movie.

CelticP said:
Unless its so off base its sickning.
Like the Grinch sculpt on the original TDK Joker?

:naughty

CelticP said:
It has to be close enough. Not "Oh the cowl isnt off base on the side with the scruff mark!111".

I don't disagree ... it isn't a purchase killer per se, but it definetely is a major flaw.

TDK suit straight out shouldn't be that "teh puffy" and it isn't close to how the character is physically potrayed int he film. Thematically or aesthetically. TDK suit is all about speed, effeciency, in looks etc. and story wise he has to be fast in order to stop a rising and sudden spontaneous threat to the city.

I was talking about HT's new BB figure, the one called the "Original Suit" Batman. The one with all the refinements...

Hey, you live in Marina, Ca? How's the weather? I lived there not too long ago. Went to Seaside High.

I've actually held that one too and still think Takara's was better. And the weather sucks almost as bad as Seaside High (you know what I'm talking about :D).

For those who're whining about wanting to see pics, there's a picture thread for that. Scroll back to find the link. This is the discussion thread, not the photo thread! :rolleyes:

And considering what the piece is, I feel they've done it.
And of course you're going to be defensive over a piece you pre-purchased. Right?

You don't admit it's a glaring flaw when the smaller, tighter suit like The Dark Knight costume is as puffy and physically overbearing as the Batman Begins suit which purpose was to be more physically intimidating as opposed to being built for speed and effeciency.

MaulFan said:
but as far as their efforts as the manufacturer, they've done their best.

What does that have to do with anything? They gave it their all so flaws are excused?

Well ... the Red Sox's gave it their all and lost. So, it's forgiveable.

Shame life doesn't work that way ... I wish I had apologists.

Just putting it out there, are folks ok with posting images the size of the ones pjam quoted above?

My images are always like 4 times the size of what I post here and I shrink them a lot to make loading easier on folks but more and more I see people posting images with max sizes of 900-1000, I usually post 700-800, but if people are ok with the bigger sizes I'll post higher resolution, shows the quality better.

Yeah, I think it's fine, just not any bigger. :D

man i love how natural the plastic on the TDK suit warps. on the BB suit bending the knees and such makes the plastic look kinda weird, but the TDK's suit looks great no matter what you move.

just curious to anyone that has this figure or the begins figure. does dust stick to the surface more than a regular figure due to the material???? just curious because i have other figures made of the same material and dust just kinda sticks to em.

my BB fig doesn't attract much dust...but the Takara fig did and was almost impossible to get it off. :(

just curious to anyone that has this figure or the begins figure. does dust stick to the surface more than a regular figure due to the material???? just curious because i have other figures made of the same material and dust just kinda sticks to em.

Being a rubber surface, yes. Just make sure you hit them with compressed air about once a week. I do that with all of my Batmans, Rambos, RoboCop and Predators and that seems to do the trick just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back