Hot Toys - The Dark Knight - 1/6th BATMAN (New Costume)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
new shots from toy world:
TDK2.jpg

TDK3.jpg

TDK4.jpg

Hot dayam!!!!!

That is lovely, is that without a neck mod? Cos the angle looks great! As does the cape!

Really hope he arrives tomorrow!!

i honestly did not think that any news pictures could make this thing look any better than it already does. and I was proven wrong!! great pics!!!!!!

new shots from the dremel modder and a rough translation of the post:

An important part in need of some description

opening the neck will enhance natural motion
002-1.jpg

In addition to the neck-body construction, the neck is also a must. The neck is fitted on the spherical joint in the open space to make for the better motion.... but remember not too hard/much, you don't want it broken
006-1.jpg

I used a leather/wood glue ....
Also available in convenience stores
007.jpg

This is the dremel I used....
008.jpg

That was a reallllllly rough translation...

$150 figure ripped apart like that. Honestly I don't know how we do that to something we've spent so much money on. Even if it does look better in the end it just feels wrong. :monkey5

TDK4.jpg

Glad someone else had the balls to try this first, one plus of others taking pictures first, i get to see all the limits and when I get mine I'm just let loose. That he can pose like this has some ideas going through my head, great figure, looks even more posable than Begins.

I have to question your modding abilities judging by that giant bandage on your hand, apply too much pressure on the dremel and have it slip and bury itself in you?..lol j/k :lol

WOW !!

incredible looking pics !!

anyone know who has this Instock right now ?

This thing is pretty much sold out or back ordered everywhere. Demand is so high for this figure that factories aren't churning them out fast enough. My local HT dealer is getting their stock in a few batches.

I am beginning to thing that this got to be HT most successfully line so far. They are actually doing a few runs for this line.

um.. NO. He WAS smaller..

Ummm .... No, he didn't ... he was significantly smaller than how massive he was at THE START of filming for Batman Begins, but that's it. Bale himself wasn't the same size all through out the filming of Batman Begins. He lost alot of weight during filming for a multitude of reasons.

Technically yeah he was smaller than he was in BEGINS, but most of the scenes he actually filmed in the bat-suit late in filming, that size he was is the same size he was at the start of TDK, and by the end of TDK filming.

He was continuing to lose weight all throught out filming till they got him down to the weight they wanted him to be at.

In most of the exterior scenes filmed in BEGINS when he was still losing weight, sweating his ass off in humid Chicago summer in a tight rubber suit, he lost alot of weight.

Having met him twice during both filming sessions, he was the same size physically in TDK as he was by the end of Batman Begins. He didn't lose alot of weight.

But yes, TDK suit is supposed to make him look smaller cause movie wise it's lighter, etc. In real life, the material they uses was closer to actual armor, thus making it weigh more than the BEGINS suit, but he was able to move more freely, it was more form fitting as well. So yes, Hot Toys messed up when TDK suit makes Batman just as bulky as the BEGINS suit.

But yes, TDK suit is supposed to make him look smaller cause movie wise it's lighter, etc. In real life, the material they uses was closer to actual armor, thus making it weigh more than the BEGINS suit, but he was able to move more freely, it was more form fitting as well. So yes, Hot Toys messed up when TDK suit makes Batman just as bulky as the BEGINS suit.

Rumor has it that these are toys.

Just putting it out there, are folks ok with posting images the size of the ones pjam quoted above?

My images are always like 4 times the size of what I post here and I shrink them a lot to make loading easier on folks but more and more I see people posting images with max sizes of 900-1000, I usually post 700-800, but if people are ok with the bigger sizes I'll post higher resolution, shows the quality better.

Just as long as it doesn't screw with the browsing view. I don't want to be scrolling 200 miles <-------->

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back