1/6 Hot Toys - The Clone Wars: Darth Maul (Lord Mandalore) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hot Toys isn’t perfect, but they’re pretty good and have a massive amount of figures released or in production that Queen can’t even compare to.
True dat. Even Hot Toys can’t compete with their own massive production schedule.

I’m looking forward to InArt teasing their Battinson figure in May, then putting up POs and getting it released 6 months before HT even start sending out their obligatory delay notices.

Best case scenario is that InArt might convince HT to speed up production or maybe stop reusing that damn sand base for every other Star Wars figure!
But seeing as Disney has forgotten there’s a whole galaxy beyond Tattooine, I guess that’s not gonna happen any time soon.

True dat. Even Hot Toys can’t compete with their own massive production schedule.

I’m looking forward to InArt teasing their Battinson figure in May, then putting up POs and getting it released 6 months before HT even start sending out their obligatory delay notices.

Best case scenario is that InArt might convince HT to speed up production or maybe stop reusing that damn sand base for every other Star Wars figure!
But seeing as Disney has forgotten there’s a whole galaxy beyond Tattooine, I guess that’s not gonna happen any time soon.
I’ve got nothing against InArt to be clear. I just think the people who are heaping praise on them for not really doing anything besides putting up a single pre-order and acting like they’re going to take over the game entirely and put Hot Toys out of business or something are ridiculous.

Also they should be able to have quick turnaround given they have less in production. I realize Queen also does statues, but those are separate and I’m guessing shouldn’t impact the sixth scale items.

I’ve got nothing against InArt to be clear. I just think the people who are heaping praise on them for not really doing anything besides putting up a single pre-order and acting like they’re going to take over the game entirely and put Hot Toys out of business or something are ridiculous.

Also they should be able to have quick turnaround given they have less in production. I realize Queen also does statues, but those are separate and I’m guessing shouldn’t impact the sixth scale items.
Everything you’ve said! I’m guessing HT under estimates how much the pandemic affected absolutely everything, supply chains are struggling at the moment, transportation, costs on absolutely everything are rising like crazy. And they have something like 100 figures in different stages in the pipeline. That includes multiple vehicles (even if they are outsourced they have to manage it), creatures like the Blurgg, multiple 1/4 scales like that ridiculous Iron Man thingie.

The more product Inart announce the slower they will get and the longer everything will take. Maybe they have made inroads in reducing time etc but there are a lot of things, see above, that are completely out of their control.

It’s kind of fascinating to see all the issues people have with HT finally spilling over.

They’ve gone unchallenged for so long. Their complacency, ever extending wait times and the frequent teasing of figures that never materialise has left collectors ready to embrace someone new and somewhat relish in the thought of HT being knocked off their pedestal. There’s an allure of karmic justice for hoarding licenses and resting on their laurels.

All the hopes for what HT could have become if they weren’t enticed into servitude of the mouse are now being projected onto InArt.
The praise they’re receiving is not just for the (unquestionably excellent looking) Joker proto but for merely stepping up to the plate. Everybody loves an underdog and this underdog has a proven track record of delivering the goods- even if it is in the statue realm.

It’s an exciting and hopeful time for 1/6. There’s hope for a new standard of high quality figures from dormant or unexplored licenses and hope that HT will become reinvigorated by competition and up their game as well.

Queen is a proven company that has made some very nice statues but it's dumb the way people are hyping them as the greatest thing ever because they made a good looking Joker proto in 1/6. Let's see how it turns out in production. Let's see how many other 1/6 figures they make. Let's see what licenses they cover. I do think they will probably do a good job but still with your typical 10-15% quality dip. I'm still more interested in their statues.

It’s kind of fascinating to see all the issues people have with HT finally spilling over.

They’ve gone unchallenged for so long. Their complacency, ever extending wait times and the frequent teasing of figures that never materialise has left collectors ready to embrace someone new and somewhat relish in the thought of HT being knocked off their pedestal. There’s an allure of karmic justice for hoarding licenses and resting on their laurels.

All the hopes for what HT could have become if they weren’t enticed into servitude of the mouse are now being projected onto InArt.
The praise they’re receiving is not just for the (unquestionably excellent looking) Joker proto but for merely stepping up to the plate. Everybody loves an underdog and this underdog has a proven track record of delivering the goods- even if it is in the statue realm.

It’s an exciting and hopeful time for 1/6. There’s hope for a new standard of high quality figures from dormant or unexplored licenses and hope that HT will become reinvigorated by competition and up their game as well.
Well said.

I'm excited to have the option to have more than one shop to go to get good quality 1/6 figures. And the option to get figures which Hot Toys won't touch at all.

Has anyone seen the polls which InArt is running on their FB page. They are actually asking the customers to suggest and vote what figures they want the most. Even that simple act is revolutionary with respect to Hot Toys.

I am thinking of swapping bodies. Maybe picking up a solo maul body and kit bashing costumes to something more like Legends Maul. Waiting to get this guy in hand first.

I will probably keep the belt and robot legs. Just need to get a different body, head, trousers, gauntlets and stand.

It looks hilariously bad with the shirt off. Built like a marathon runner with eating disorder. Looks like he's got a nappy on under the trousers too. Reckon with all the clothes and belt on, head tilted down and eyes moved to the top, hood up.....it'll look pretty good.

View attachment 569334

8Mfc.gif
Did they actually put the head on properly though? Cause the guy that does these does not know how to handle figures at all :lol
Justin addresses this directly in his video; he doesn't know what was going on there but says if you push down the head and properly futz the clothing it looks fine.

justinmaul.jpg

I will probably keep the belt and robot legs. Just need to get a different body, head, trousers, gauntlets and stand.

It looks hilariously bad with the shirt off. Built like a marathon runner with eating disorder. Looks like he's got a nappy on under the trousers too. Reckon with all the clothes and belt on, head tilted down and eyes moved to the top, hood up.....it'll look pretty good.

You should not have to do all that recostuming to a $200+ figure though

Last edited:

Thanks for the link, and I am very thankful to the person who created the mute button, I lasted about 45 seconds before turning it on.

There is no reason why this figure was delayed so long, not sure why taking off the shirt was a thing for HT to do and don't get me started on the single jointed elbows.

I'm all in on the TCW line, I'm just not super thrilled for him like I am for other pieces coming out this year.

The face mold was always identical.

Just minor differences like paint. The texturing on the Solo is slightly more pronounced. The horns on his temples are also different.

Back